7 for 7 Series: Running Backs!

Seattle Person

Reaction score
The Hawks have 3 young RBs on the roster that do different things. With all things, you want someone young and cheap. It’s not a top end RB class. I also believe that the top RBs aren’t that far from the mid-round guys.

1st Round
No one here.

2nd Round

Trey Benson
: 6'0, 216 lbs, 4.39 (40-yard), 23 Reps (Bench), 33.5'' (Vertical), 122'' (Broad): He'll be 22 in his rookie season. He's a homerun hitter. Great long speed. Can accelerate really fast. He looks like a one and cut type of runner. He wants to get going north and south. He doesn't really dance at the line. He's a very up right runner. His style of running reminds me of Adrian Peterson. He is not AP! But like AP, he doesn't have great hands and he is not a strong pass blocker. He rarely is brought down after the initial contact. Runs right through contact at times. Doesn’t flash that much power. If Jonathan Brooks was healthy, he might have been a RB1.

3rd Round

Jaylen Wright
: 5'10, 210 lbs, 4.38 (40-yard), 38.'' (Vertical), 134'' (Broad): He'll be 21 in his rookie year. He's super fast and super quick. Explosive if he sees a lane. Super acceleration. Always looking to bounce the ball outside. Shows the willingness to block but needs to improve in his area. Not sure you want him during short yardage situations. Not the best power and pile pusher. Wasn't exactly asked to catch the ball at Tennessee so we don't know if he can handle that. Right now, he is a change of pace type of back. He's probably not ready to handle all 3 downs. Get him in the right situation and we'll see huge chunk plays with his speed.

4th Round

Baelon Allen
: 6'1, 231 lbs, 4.40 (40 Yard), 32'' (Vertical), 117'' (Broad), 26 Reps (Bench): He just turned 20 years old. He's very north and south. He wants to cut and go. Very limited lateral movement and agility. It's hard for him to stop and accelerate again. He's a huge and physical back that wants to either run by you or run through you. He wants no part of trying to go around you. Once the speed is built up, he's hard to bring down. Although, he's very big -- he still needs to refine his pass blocking technique. Has put the ball on the ground far too often in his college career.

5th Round

Kimani Vidal
: 5'8, 213 lbs, 33.25'' arms, 4.46 (40-yard), 4.15 (Shuttle), 7.01 (3 Cone), 120'' (Broad), 37.5'' (Vertical), 18 Reps (Bench): He'll be 23 in his rookie season. I love this guy. He's short and stocky. Dude is thick! He really does it all but at a 5'8 frame. I think he'll probably go higher than this because he can run, accelerate, and pass block. He is super low to the ground and always runs with leverage and is agile enough. He's not super shifty because of his stocky build. He was used a lot at Troy and that's not always a good thing at RB. Wasn't used a whole lot as a pass catcher. Does lack a 2nd gear. He'll make a great RB2 from day 1. Another short and stocky type that is good at everything but not great at anything is Ray Davis from Kentucky. He's going to be 25 in his rookie year though. A small dude that is not speedy but shifty is Bucky Irving from Oregon. Need another small dude? How about Will Shipley. He's got a little Danny Woodhead in his game. Not big enough to be a full time player but is fast, shifty, and has great hands. Wonderful 3rd down back.

6th Round

Isaac Guerendo: 6'0, 221 lbs, 4.33 (40-yard), 4.15 (Shuttle), 6.94 (3 Cone), 129'' (Broad), 41.5'' (Vertical), 17 Reps (Bench): He'll be 24 in his rookie season. This guy is a freak show at the RB position. Very rare to have a back like this in the later rounds with these traits and very little wear on his tires. I'll be completely honest, when I watch him -- he doesn't make me go wow. His speed stands out but I'm not blown away from his play. He tested well with his agility but it doesn't really show on film. He doesn't really juke anyone nor run anyone over. He does have poor vision at times. His worst quality to me and this is going to keep him from being drafted higher and it's his balance. For a dude this fast and this big, he gets brought down way too easily. A little side swipe sometimes makes him lose balance and he gets brought down. But when he has that speed built up, he's pretty hard to bring down. He reminds me of a bigger Raheem Mostert. Going to a team that allows him to utilize his speed is going to be important. I don't think he is a gap scheme runner. Get him cut backs and watch him fly. His hands are much better than expected. He's great on screen plays I, personally would have him here in the 5th or 6th rounds but he's going to get drafted because of his traits.

7th Round

Audric Estime
: 5'11, 221 lbs, 4.71 (40-Yard), 1.58 (10-Yard), 125'' (Broad), 38'' (Vertical), 23 reps (Bench). He'll be 22 in his rookie season. Ignore the 40-time for a second. Look at the 10 yard split and his explosive traits. He's a dude that is going to be a monster in short yardage situations if used right. Big bruising RB. He's very explosive. He's just not straight line fast. He'll gash you for chunk yards but you'll have to catch him from behind because no one likes tackling this dude. You hurt when you try to tackle him. He's the closest thing to Chris Carson in my opinion. One of the better blocking RBs in the class. He's not trying to juke you so you best move out of his way or he'll make you. I want to see the Hawks get this guy in the later rounds because although Charbonnet is a big back, he's not a true bruiser. Estime is old school. I really dig this dude.

UDFA

Justin Strong: 5'11, 206 lbs, 4.46 (40 Yard), 1.44 (10-Yard), 4.06 (Shuttle), 6.65 (3 Cone), 120'' (Broad), : His high school class was 2018. He's a very old RB prospect. He might be a UDFA but those traits are enticing. He's from the same school as Ryan Neal. Can't find much about him but dude is athletic as hell.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
they are bringing in the kid from Boise state for a visit.