5 Seahawks selected to the Pro Bowl, 5 more as Alternates

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Irvin deserved it this year. His run stopping has been phenomenal for a "one trick pony."

brimsalabim

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2ue0wm8u said:
Hawknballs":2ue0wm8u said:
Sweezy desrves it over okung and unger.

good to see 27-turnovers Luck made it though.

Brady and Luck the only 2 QBs out of that bunch who dont have a 100+ QB rating for the year but Brady has 7 less INTs.
Don't forget Luck's 6 lost fumbles in 15 games too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2014":25u429i1 said:
DavidSeven":25u429i1 said:
Aside from early penalty issues, Okung is actually having a good year statistically. There was a 5-6 game stretch in November where he didn't surrender a pressure or allow a penalty. I mean, eye test might suggest differently to some, but on paper, he has played well.

Okung still hasn't allowed a sack all season.
Thank you for posting this,,,if true. I've heard some hyperbole on both sides regarding Okung.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":a6uwdfkd said:
Bennett got robbed

Maybe, but look at the list of guys in front of him. Pretty tough to argue pretty much any of them.

Also, might want to look it up, but they all likely have less offsides penalties than him.

Boycie

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":1v0ti35f said:
Kam, Lynch, Sherman, Thomas and Bobby are selected to the Pro Bowl
https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/547560672905547776

Alternates are Unger, Wilson, Okung, Hauschka, Bennett.
https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/547561244568199169

Full list of everyone going to the Pro Bowl
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/23/nfl-announces-pro-bowlers/#more-2303894

Although it sucks for RW being named an alternate, I am happy because Russell will want to show all of the doubters just how elite he is! Especially after he gets his 2nd ring!

lsheldon

Reaction score
This article last night from Bleacher Report on Wilson being snubbed is an interesting read.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/res ... ar-BBhakX8

The bottom line is that Wilson may not be the tall, stout pocket passer that NFL teams so often covet, but he is just as effective and efficient as anyone in the league.

Yes, Wilson is a two-time Pro Bowler and as an alternate may make it into his third this year. However, that can only happen if he doesn't lead his team back to the Super Bowl for a second consecutive year. It is difficult to bet against Wilson doing exactly that because at the end of the day, he is an elite NFL quarterback, even if critics still are not quick to view him as one.

Ganton

Reaction score
Yeah, and I can't understand why he was passed over this year. Is he doing any worse now than he has the prior two years? I DON'T THINK SO....

randomation

Reaction score
Joke to put Luck over Wilson the colts are self destructing and a lot of it is on the turnover machine. W/e nobody on that list will be able to attend anyway for Hawks. I'm sure Luck can throw another 4 picks then chill til the pro bowl.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
randomation":3o3m5gm8 said:
Joke to put Luck over Wilson the colts are self destructing and a lot of it is on the turnover machine. W/e nobody on that list will be able to attend anyway for Hawks. I'm sure Luck can throw another 4 picks then chill til the pro bowl.
Why is it a joke to put Luck over Wilson? The guy threw for over 4500 yards, and 36 touchdowns. He had a decent amount of turnovers, but he still had a great year. Don't forget that Russell Wilson himself had an up and down year. The only guy I can see a legitimate argument over is Tony Romo, but even so, Romo threw for 32 TDs, only 8 ints, and has a 70 percent completion percentage on the year while playing with a broken back. I have no qualms with Russ not making the pro bowl this season.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
None of this matters since he wouldn't participate anyway this year again.

Jville

Reaction score
Nice pay day for Kam Chancellor.

He picks up a $100,000 incentive bonus for making the Pro Bowl via his contract agreement..