49ers - Saints Game Next Week

quadsas

Reaction score
Mad Dog":14cftvx0 said:
quadsas":14cftvx0 said:
Saints are 10-2. We have tiebreaker over Niners. I'd rather Niners win so that we would be playing for a 1 seed rather than 2 seed.

Can't get the 1 seed if you don't win the division.

Everything that aids us in the quest for the division is of upmost importance.

And probably most importantly, we want the Niners to be a 6th seed if possible. They are the most threatening team with that running game and defense so having to travel to Lambeau, Superdome and C-Link would be a murderer's row I'm not sure they could complete.

So keep losing SF and keep winning SEA.

that's a bunch of waffle pal. Niners will have to totally implode to lose 5th seed to Vikes considering theyre losing later tonight. We have the control of division right now. If you're willing to accept division win and lose no.1 seed instead of winning both then be my guest. that's a silly point of view in my opinion

JGreen79

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1x64nbax said:
quadsas":1x64nbax said:
Saints are 10-2. We have tiebreaker over Niners. I'd rather Niners win so that we would be playing for a 1 seed rather than 2 seed.

And probably most importantly, we want the Niners to be a 6th seed if possible. They are the most threatening team with that running game and defense so having to travel to Lambeau, Superdome and C-Link would be a murderer's row I'm not sure they could complete.

And you can't get the 1 seed if NO wins out. (49ers, Colts, @Titans, @Panthers)

Seattle can get the 1 seed at 13-3 if GB and NO both are 13-3 AND NO's loss is an NFC loss

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JGreen79":piiia063 said:
Mad Dog":piiia063 said:
quadsas":piiia063 said:

And you can't get the 1 seed if NO wins out. (49ers, Colts, @Titans, @Panthers)

Seattle can get the 1 seed at 13-3 if GB and NO both are 13-3 AND NO's loss is an NFC loss

Both outcomes could be good or bad. We don't really know without knowing future results. But if I HAVE to pick, I'm going for the one that is most likely to affect Seattle the most, and that is the division, first and foremost. Later, and hopefully, we will get to wring our hands over the #1 seed vs #2. But I dont think we are there yet. Too many tough games left to play. It doesn't look like SF will lose many more. Margin is slim. I want it to be as wide as possible.

Go Saints

bigskydoc

Reaction score
It's not an easy call, which is nice because any outcome has the potential to benefit us in one way or another.

I want the #1 seed, so I'm rooting for the Niners. If NO wins, our best, realistic, hope is the 2 seed.

The 1 seed will only have to face one of the other top three teams (Saints/Niners/Hawks) in the playoffs. The 2 or 5 seed will, presumably, have to face off against both of the other top three teams. I've watched the Pats long enough to understand that the path to winning the whole thing is the easiest path, not the most challenging, although beating the Packers, Niners, and Ravens, in the post-season, would be sweet.

The way I hope/ see things shaking out (this is a little of both)

#1 - Seahawks (14-2) Saints (14-2/13-3) or Niners (14-2)
#2 - Saints (13-3) or Seahawks (13-3) or Niners (13-3)

#3 - Packers (12-4) vs #6 Minnesota (12-4)
#4 - Dallas (9-7/ 8-8) vs # 5 SF or Sea (13-3)

2nd round

#1 Seahawks/Saints/Niners vs #6 Minnesota
#2 Saints/Seahawks/Niners vs #5 Niners/ Seahawks

Where I really don't want to end up is in the 6 seed spot. I have no faith in this team taking one from the Pack, at Lambeau, in the depths of winter. If the Vikings secure the 3 seed, then the 6 isn't so bad.

Assuming they lose tonight, I don't see a path for the Vikings to overtake the Packers, unless the wheels really are coming off the Packers (like I suspect). I also don't see the Packers getting the 1 or 2 seed, though it is theoretically possible.

Our only, realistic hope of the #1 seed is for the Niners to beat NO tonight. If we end the season tied with NO, they will get the #1 seed.

Go Niners, for the second week in a row. :pukeface:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Obviously, this all changes if the Seahawks can't get the job done tonight, in which case, Geaux Saints.

IronSaint

Reaction score
JGreen79":2casp470 said:

False, if we both finish at 13-3 it doesn’t matter who our losses are to, we hold the tiebreaker over y’all since we beat y’all head-to-head. To get a higher seed than us, y’all have to finish with more wins than we do.

JGreen79

Reaction score
IronSaint":1vcu0sgq said:
JGreen79":1vcu0sgq said:

False, if we both finish at 13-3 it doesn’t matter who our losses are to, we hold the tiebreaker over y’all since we beat y’all head-to-head. To get a higher seed than us, y’all have to finish with more wins than we do.

False, if Sea, GB, NO all finish 13-3, NO loses the three way tiebreaker for conference record if the loss is to the Panthers or the 49ers. Head to head doesn't matter in a 3 way tie if one team doesn't lose to or beat the other two teams they are tied with.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
northseahawk":17uro8nu said:
We win tomorrow, the Saints/49ers game is a win /win for us no matter what happens. Hoping for a physical game and they beat each other well!
Yep Go saints!
I’d rather the digits lose and Seattle wins the division, but a Saints loss and or a tie would be good as well.
We want a slobber knocker of a game where they wear each other out.

IronSaint

Reaction score
JGreen79":cbr877tm said:
False, if Sea, GB, NO all finish 13-3, NO loses the three way tiebreaker for conference record if the loss is to the Panthers or the 49ers. Head to head doesn't matter in a 3 way tie if one team doesn't lose to or beat the other two teams they are tied with.

That would require the Packers to run the table which is unlikely. They barely squeaked by the Bears and Vikings in Weeks 1 and 2, and both those teams have improved defenses since then that can stop the run and a pass rush that can get to Rodgers.

The Bears may be offensively challenged, but even they were in that Week 1 game driving down to tie the game until an ill-advised INT into triple coverage in the back of the end zone.

I think the Vikings have the best shot at hanging another L on the Packers in Minneapolis.

HawkSince87

Reaction score
You want the 9ers to beat saints so that we get the #1 seed. We already control our destiny against the 9ers, not against the saints. Y’all playing weak ball saying you want the saints to win so that we can have the division. We have higher goals than that and it’s the 1 seed.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
IronSaint":l9hnrvku said:
That would require the Packers to run the table which is unlikely. .

Of course it would, but that was never the argument. Don't move the goal posts.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The more I think of it, the less sure I am that the 1 seed is what we want. It's not at all unlikely that Vikings end up as the 6 seed, and take out the Packers at the 3.

In that scenario, the more difficult road is actually the one seed as you would have to face the winner of the Dallas Willdcard game, the #5 Sea or SF team.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think the 9ers fold like a cheap tent against the aints

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":217szdds said:
I'll take Seed #2 and Division Champs over #1 seed.

You do realize you have to be division champs to be the #1 seed, right?

mikeak

Reaction score
IronSaint":2pgz4btz said:
JGreen79":2pgz4btz said:

That would require the Packers to run the table which is unlikely. They barely squeaked by the Bears and Vikings in Weeks 1 and 2, and both those teams have improved defenses since then that can stop the run and a pass rush that can get to Rodgers.

The Bears may be offensively challenged, but even they were in that Week 1 game driving down to tie the game until an ill-advised INT into triple coverage in the back of the end zone.

I think the Vikings have the best shot at hanging another L on the Packers in Minneapolis.

Unlikely or not the whole premise of the point you called wrong was - in case of a 3 way tie...

You can't say that is incorrect based on you finding it unlikely to happen

Latest posts