Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Marvin49":185xzaam said:
loafoftatupu":185xzaam said:
Marvin49":185xzaam said:
Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

As for the Cards, the Niners did something the Seahawks did not....SWEEP THEM.

Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.

Nope....but they did only lose 4 games, 1 less than the Seahawks.

That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol

Reaction score
pehawk":1ylalxml said:
Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.

With stats like that, how could anyone argue against the point?

Someone could just as easily say Seahawks fans are 90% bandwagon as has been proven on sites like Reddit where the subscriber rate of their subreddit jumped more than 3x this year and half of them don't even know who this "Matt Hasselhoff" character is.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":1z8a5o0t said:
Kinda proving my point.

What I said is al true; I've been to many NFL cities and Oakland/SF rank last in knowledgable fans. Its just a gimmick, way to fit in with the rest. Its pathetic. Buffalo and KC ranked the best, FWIW.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.

Its always funny to me how on every site I ever go to the fans of the teams they hate the most are always the "least knowledgable fans".

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Outfield":d9ym1nb8 said:
That 1 game (that the 49ers didn't lose) was a tie against the Rams... not that impressive, lol

...yet enough to win the NFC West.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2irpcowv said:
Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.
I think running the ball went out the window once the 'Hawks went 17+ points on the 49ers after the special teams breakdown in the 42-13 loss. I think all OC's to a certain extent change up the game plans for each opponent. You can run a lot of regular pistol formation pass plays, or you can run the *same* pass and run plays from regular one back or weak I formations too. It's stil basically the same pass or run concept play. For example a sweep from a one back formation is the same concept as a sweep from a pistol formation. So what I think is he just called the plays from formations *other than* the pistol formation, and still had the same basic plays in that he would have in any game against any opponent in the regular season.

Giedi

Marvin49

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2wfxkgc0 said:
pehawk":2wfxkgc0 said:
Kinda proving my point.

Keep fluffing, Marvin.

With stats like that, how could anyone argue against the point?

Someone could just as easily say Seahawks fans are 90% bandwagon as has been proven on sites like Reddit where the subscriber rate of their subreddit jumped more than 3x this year and half of them don't even know who this "Matt Hasselhoff" character is.

LOL. "Matt Hasselhoff".

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":xze6uq4e said:
Marvin49":xze6uq4e said:
Right....

All the Niners did was beat Buffalo 45-3 and become the first and only team in NFL history to both rush and pass for 300 yards in the SAME GAME. Real Titan that one.

Amazing... And they still couldnt beat the Rams. I am in admiration of the Niners Awesomeness constantly.
yeah, even in their best seasons, they couldn't do it consistenty.

Giedi

The Outfield

Reaction score
Marvin49":16sv40fz said:
The Outfield":16sv40fz said:

Again... by half a game? Not that impressive.

Marvin49

Reaction score
The Outfield":1wpkiv1u said:
Marvin49":1wpkiv1u said:
The Outfield":1wpkiv1u said:

Again... by half a game? Not that impressive.

...and yet still a half game better than the team that supposedly IS impressive.

razor150

Reaction score
Marvin49":7k0u97pp said:
The Outfield":7k0u97pp said:
Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?

Right....

We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":1kxh0i2y said:
loafoftatupu":1kxh0i2y said:
Its bullshit. They already had shown it all, everything. Nothing the Niners brought in the playoffs was new and the Hawks practice against that style of offense everyday. ESPECIALLY when SF is coming to town. Harbs knew this, Roman knew this. They went after the pass and lost big.

Every Niner fan mentions JSmith being out of that game as the reason the Hawks punted like once and had multiple clock burning drives ending in scores with a 94% 3rd down conversion rate. That may be true, but if it is, the Niners are flipping SCREWED. No one mentions that Sherman was the only starting corner and Jeremy Lane was going against Crabtree at times. The Jason Jones was out for the season to boot.

Nothing the Niners did to GB was "new", while different than their first game, I think it is pretty safe to say that GB has a crap defense at actually stopping people and that they get after the passer and are opportunistic. The Niners were using Kaep like that before he was even named the starter on spot duty. God I wish we could have had GB at home to start the playoffs.

If the Niners were really trying to protect their playbook, they would have ran Gore like crazy in the first half regardless of the score. They would not have had trouble getting plays in because of the noise because they would have been running the ball as planned. They were in no position to protect their playbook in that game. If Harbs thinks he was? Then he is more of an idiot that I could ever imagine.
I think running the ball went out the window once the 'Hawks went 17+ points on the 49ers after the special teams breakdown in the 42-13 loss. I think all OC's to a certain extent change up the game plans for each opponent. You can run a lot of regular pistol formation pass plays, or you can run the *same* pass and run plays from regular one back or weak I formations too. It's stil basically the same pass or run concept play. For example a sweep from a one back formation is the same concept as a sweep from a pistol formation. So what I think is he just called the plays from formations *other than* the pistol formation, and still had the same basic plays in that he would have in any game against any opponent in the regular season.

Giedi

Giedi!!! So you finally made it.. LOL

ehh... The way I see it, both teams were prepared to play Niner/Seahawk football and they didn't use too much of it knowing that. It just puts the QB at risk with all those athletic LB'ers and secondary players.

Giedi

Reaction score
razor150":3tjrx5zj said:
Marvin49":3tjrx5zj said:
The Outfield":3tjrx5zj said:
Yeah, and what other teams beat both of these teams by a similar amount? Oh, none? Not even the 49ers?

Right....

We beat the Rams, something the Niners couldn't do. See, two can play that game.

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though heh 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.

I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

I would call the off-season free agency almost even, between the two teams, but the big deal comming down the pike will be the draft. Whoever wins those sweepstakes will take the NFC West divison. And nobody will know who won that round till regular season begins and how the rookies perform in regular games.

Giedi

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2i6yfphj said:
Giedi":2i6yfphj said:
loafoftatupu":2i6yfphj said:

Giedi

Giedi!!! So you finally made it.. LOL

ehh... The way I see it, both teams were prepared to play Niner/Seahawk football and they didn't use too much of it knowing that. It just puts the QB at risk with all those athletic LB'ers and secondary players.

Thanks to you Laofo! I'm sure you twisted arms to get me here. I promise to behave myself! ;)

The teams know each other so well, I can see your point. Useless to use the pistol on somebody who knows how to defend it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
razor150":23ybnd94 said:
Marvin49":23ybnd94 said:
The Outfield":23ybnd94 said:

Right....

Also, using the Harb's record against the Seahawks is funny. Last I checked you guys beat a Tarvaris Jackson led Seahawks twice, the guy who couldn't wrest the starting job in Buffalo away from Fitzgerald, and then even had trouble doing that in Seattle. The only reason Seattle got swept in 2011 is because Tavaris Jackson even though he had 2 opportunities to win the game in the 4th quarter choked the chance away, as evidenced when he threw the ball away on 4th down to save a sack on Seattle's last possession. The next year in San Fransisco you had trouble beating a rookie led scaled back offense, then got shellacked in Seattle when the offense was opened up while your offense scored 3 more points then it did at home.

...and the 'hawks couldn't beat Atlanta whom the Niners eliminated from the playoffs, needed a miracle to beat the Packers (a team the 49ers beat handily TWICE), actually managed to LOSE once to Arizona, and actually managed to lose to both Miami and Detroit....two teams the Niners beat.

Seriously. We can do this all day.

All the Ram talk does is prove my point. Any given sunday.

Greenhell

Reaction score
The reason he dialed it back is because he had to study his lines for his up coming role on tv.

544703_10151570252331147_841716097_n.jpg

razor150

Reaction score
Giedi":2vor5yru said:
I think both teams will be quite different from their 2012 counter parts. Both teams are making moves that clearly state they want to be the NFC West division leader. You don't have Tavaris and the 49ers don't have Alex. Both Russel and Colin will be much better than last year because both will know more.

I would call the off-season free agency almost even, between the two teams, but the big deal comming down the pike will be the draft. Whoever wins those sweepstakes will take the NFC West divison. And nobody will know who won that round till regular season begins and how the rookies perform in regular games.

Giedi

That is the truth. I believe both teams have improved during the off season, and both QBs will be much better with last years experience behind them. Personally I don't believe the series will end in a sweep. The division will very likely come down to who does better in division. The Cards, though not many want to admit it, have improved a lot just by getting a legitimate QB who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, and the Rams, who gave both our teams fits last year, if they can get Bradford some weapons their offense could become dangerous.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":uhtdqfzc said:
Thanks to you Laofo! I'm sure you twisted arms to get me here. I promise to behave myself! ;)

The teams know each other so well, I can see your point. Useless to use the pistol on somebody who knows how to defend it.

No, it was not due to me. You are in on your own.

Im sure the guys here are going to LOVE you. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
razor150":35ifnhty said:
Giedi":35ifnhty said:

Giedi

That is the truth. I believe both teams have improved during the off season, and both QBs will be much better with last years experience behind them. Personally I don't believe the series will end in a sweep. The division will very likely come down to who does better in division. The Cards, though not many want to admit it, have improved a lot just by getting a legitimate QB who can get the ball to Fitzgerald, and the Rams, who gave both our teams fits last year, if they can get Bradford some weapons their offense could become dangerous.

Now THAT I can agree with.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":27lvtl3f said:
Giedi":27lvtl3f said:

No, it was not due to me. You are in on your own.

Im sure the guys here are going to LOVE you. :)

Total side note....even as a Niner fan....

...your avatar made me laugh. LOL.

razor150

Reaction score
Marvin49":sk8vcx6j said:
razor150":sk8vcx6j said:

...and the 'hawks couldn't beat Atlanta whom the Niners eliminated from the playoffs, needed a miracle to beat the Packers (a team the 49ers beat handily TWICE), actually managed to LOSE once to Arizona, and actually managed to lose to both Miami and Detroit....two teams the Niners beat.

Seriously. We can do this all day.

All the Ram talk does is prove my point. Any given sunday.

My point is that saying "We beat somebody you lost to" doesn't mean crap. We beat teams you didn't as well. All that matters is head to head, you barely beat us and we spanked you. I am not saying that is a division changer, but depending on how the season goes this year it could very well be looked back on and seen as one. I am not even making excuses for why my team lost to the Cards, Dolphins, Lions, and Falcons, even though I could be giving legitimate ones for it, like you have for your teams losses. All four of those games we had the chance to win, but didn't. It happens, sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. Both of our teams had problems down the stretch with defensive injuries to major contributors. Our teams virtually had identical records, 11-5 to 11-4-1. The only reason your team won the division is because you didn't lose to the Rams, when we both know you really should have been swept by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.