3rd round, Pick #97, Rees Odhiambo, T/OG, Boise State

IdaHawk

Reaction score
He did have some injury issues while at Boise State, but when he was on the field he dominated. Tom Cable was in Boise for the Boise State pro day and spend a lot of time with Rees, so he obviously sees something special in the guy. Also, many sporting sites are giving this pick a pretty good grade, for whatever that's worth. Pot Roast is a great nickname for Odhiambo.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I actually really like this pick, I knew about this guy before the draft and yes, he didn't SPARQ test well, but he has barely played any football so there is def untapped potential there and I'm happy they are getting big physical lineman and going back to running/stopping the run.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seafan":2ka5dq1j said:
They liked his brute strength. When he's healthy I believe his explosiveness will match the Hawks needs.

Since he broke his ankle they shouldn't be interested in him and should likely cut Rawls as well. Too brittle. :stirthepot:
You're becoming one of my favorite .net posters. Reasonable with enough sass to make a point. Good form.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
After watching the video of JS calling him before the pick I like him even less ... and they say he's smart ???!!!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Instead of Pot Roast, let's call him Cooter Burger.

Anyway, he's our first "I guess we'll see...?" pick. Kind of an honorary title in PC/JS drafts.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Joyodongo":3to1f7ol said:
After watching the video of JS calling him before the pick I like him even less ... and they say he's smart ???!!!
The guy could barely speak because he was so emotional. It was obvious he was too choked up to even really speak. What are you talking about?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Joyodongo":1a6auvil said:

Dude was crying and couldn't talk cuz he just reached his dream.

McGruff

Reaction score
storm74":28xvieeo said:
Seahwkgal":28xvieeo said:
storm74":28xvieeo said:
damn I wanted Dahl.
Dahl just went to Detroit. :/

I think Dahl is a lot better lineman than this guy, I hope I am wrong and this guy turns out to be a stud.

Long term that may be true. But Dahl is coming out of that spread offense and has no experience power blocking. None.

Rees comes from a pro style system with a track record. He's ready to contribute right away where Dahl is more of a long term project.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1lif6zb4 said:
Joyodongo":1lif6zb4 said:

IMHO, it was a very poor reaction, that means something to me but, of course, let's let him talk on the field ... I'd be delighted to be proven wrong ...

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JSeahawks":2uhwcf0f said:
McGruff":2uhwcf0f said:
Rees is on the phone with the media right now.

His roommate is C Marcus Henry. Watch out for that on the third day.

Seattle says he will play guard. Has never played guard, but doesn't think it will be difficult to transition.

Came to US from Kenya in 2004. Both his parents have passed away.

Seattle has been his second home as he spend holidays in Bellevue with Henry.

Loves run blocking. Loves to get after people and move them. Takes pride in running backs having good days.

Was eating pot roast and potatoes when the Seahawks called him. Not even watching the draft.

From this day forward he shall be known as Pot Roast.

'Bout that nickname, boss...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/726514044727779328[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Joyodongo":143wvy8b said:
JSeahawks":143wvy8b said:
Joyodongo":143wvy8b said:

IMHO, it was a very poor reaction, that means something to me but, of course, let's let him talk on the field ... I'd be delighted to be proven wrong ...

Was not aware that O lineman had to be conversationalists and mechanical in their appearance.

Anything to knock a prospect down I guess, I will just enjoy the Pancakes and the defense looking at Rawls ass from the ground after Pot Roast puts them in his Crock Pot.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":joj0kxw2 said:
This is on of those picks that makes pundits scratch their heads. 5 years ago they would have labeled it stupid. Now they go watch more film.

I fully expect Pete and John to casually mention that they knew another team was going to take him soon if they didn't. They always say that about the picks that get labeled reaches.

I wonder if Seattle would have still made this pick if they still had their 4th rounder. It was a pretty long wait after Odhiambo until their next pick.

BelfastHawk

Reaction score
Disagreeing with some on here and agreeing with others, I thought his reaction was raw and, in its own way, a very beautiful little thing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1h2topaa said:
7'9" Broad Jump. 27" Vert. 23 bench press. Average Arm length. Played LT but has the frame of a guard.

Tape isn't pretty. Reminds me of John Moffitt minus Moffitt's good technique. Odhiambo struggles against the edge rush, has his arms collapse when run blocking, and is extremely bad at sticking to run blocks.

If this pick works out I'll be surprised.

I have the exact same sense.

Don't get it actually?

Did not think this player was worth close to pick #97 and was doing a genuine WTF when the pick was announced. This pick has a Britt feel to it and looked to me to be at least a 2 rd. reach at the time. I don't see the functional strength apparently the subject of interest in any film though he does have quick feet, but w/o any objective measurables in that regard.

My least favourite pick of this draft.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Rees reminds me of Alvin Bailey if Bailey actually liked to hit people. He plays with toughness and demonstrates good pass blocking technique. He just needs to get a little stronger. The willingness is there.

[youtube]p6K4M8pqSx8[/youtube]

pcbball12

Reaction score
I like his tape personally. Pop in run game, good feet. Lacked length to be outside and it showed sometimes on tape, but he will be really good inside at G. JS said if not for injury, he believes Odhiambo was a top 45 player in this draft. Pretty ringing endorsement.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is interesting...not sure if it's correct:

"Chad Reuter of NFL.com gives the Seahawks an A:

The Seahawks traded up to get Reed, a nice fit to fill in for Brandon Mebane in the middle of the defensive line.

Prosise could be the next Matt Forte, so getting him at pick No. 90 was great value.

I do have a bit of a concern picking Odhiambo in the third round, but only because of durability concerns. If he can stay healthy, he should be a starting left tackle.

Jefferson fits the strong and long defensive linemen that Pete Carroll likes.

Collins could be Beast Mode Jr., and Brooks is also a tough guy.

Hunt is a solid center.

Lawler could have been a fourth- or fifth-round pick, so hats off to the Seahawks."

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... rom-a-to-c

Latest posts