2nd team Hawks..

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
The twos now are better than the starting 2009 team, so yes, they would probably be right in there.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Our o'line would get destroyed. 1 backup in the game and they'd be fine, all 5 of them playing at once against a starting d'line and it would be ugly.

I'd say maybe 1 win on a lucky day, but even that is doubtful.

Not to mention that if the 2's were starting that means the 3's and 4's would be the depth players who still get plenty of playing time, which would not go well in the regular season.

sc85sis

Reaction score
This seems a bit like the statements that Alabama could beat the worst NFL team. Same thing was said about USC around 2004-2005. Both Nick Saban and Pete have debunked that.

I think we could get by with a few second stringers, but not an entire starting lineup comprised of 2nd team guys.

bigcc

Reaction score
QB: T-jack
RB- Michael/Turbo
FB- Ware
WR- Baldwin (assuming starters=22), Kearse, Williams, Harper (include Tate if you include Harvin)
TE- Mcgrath, Willson
LT- Bailey
LG- Carp/Rishaw
C- Lemuel
RG- Seymour
RT- Person/Bowie

That offense is better than some in the NFL, even with the bad OL

DE- Bennett, Avril (Clem and Bryant being starters)
DT- Hill, Mcdonald
OLB- Irvin, Schofield
MLB- Bradford
CB- Thurmond, Winfield, Maxwell
FS-Maragos
SS- Johnson

A very competent defense, combined with the offense they'd win a few games during the course of a 16 game season... we've fielded much worse teams

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised with the lack of faith and belief in the 12th man.

I could see the 2's winning 3 or 4 home games this year. Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, and Arizona would all be winnable games with the crowd in their corner. Don't sell yourselves short folks.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I bet they would beat some teams. Starting with the Raiders, they have no OL and with your DL they would be beating up the QB all day

Subzero717

Reaction score
Ironically I told my coysin this yesterday. He's a bolts fan and we were going over schedules. They play AFC South as well I guess. I told him that I honestly believe that our twos could beat Tennesse and Jacksonville.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":17rpmyzv said:
Our o'line would get destroyed. 1 backup in the game and they'd be fine, all 5 of them playing at once against a starting d'line and it would be ugly.

Not to mention that if the 2's were starting that means the 3's and 4's would be the depth players who still get plenty of playing time, which would not go well in the regular season.

I think our backup line is better than the line we ran out there for years pre-Cable. IMO, if you took the 22 starters off our roster and built a team out of what was left (and raided the waiver wire to fill those 22 spots), it would be comparable to the 2010 team. Give them the league's easiest schedule and I could see them winning 7 games.

13thMan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":36teeryv said:

This exactly! Have a Oline/Dline of twos vs. virtually any other teams 1s and it won't be close... It's a nice homer thought, but a naive one at best....

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yeah, that oline would get destroyed...and the secondary wouldn't look pretty either against a top tier QB. It's difficult as is with the LOB containing top tier QB's & WR's.

I would expect 1-3 wins.

Latest posts