2nd Round #37 Pick DE/OLB Auburn, Derick Hall

Chevy

Reaction score
IMO the Jets taking McDonald was a last minute plan B after Pitt traded up with NE for Broderick Jones it was unavoidable
Yeah, who knows. Maybe...Maybe not. GMs have months to prepare for 1st round draft situations. To think the Jets were only prepared for a OT to fall to them and not prepared for planned B seems kind of silly.

Last edited:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Watching some more videos on him, he has an excellent power move where he explodes into the OL and converts all his momentum into a one handed smash that is very effective. It is a little concerning watching him try to use his speed though. Lots of snaps where he goes around the edge and gets blocked/kind of lost and ends up on the turf.

If he could develop a speed move around the outside or some good counters once his initial power fails, he could be a stud IMO. If the OL has to worry about more than his power, they are going to be in a world of trouble.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, who knows. Maybe...Maybe not. GMs have months to prepare for 1st round draft situations. To think the Jets were only prepared for a OT to fall to them and not prepared for planned B seems kind of silly.
Yeah you'd think so. But apparently it happens. Supposedly Detroit was eying Witherspoon and the Hawks snagged him, Detroit freaked out and traded down, and picked that RB way too early (that's the general consensus).

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Yeah you'd think so. But apparently it happens. Supposedly Detroit was eying Witherspoon and the Hawks snagged him, Detroit freaked out and traded down, and picked that RB way too early (that's the general consensus).
With just about everyone mocking Carter to the Seahawks at #5, I can see why they'd be taken by surprise by our selection of Witherspoon. The Seahawks and the Texans practically turned the entire draft upside down by pick #5. I enjoyed the chaos, but it apparently bit us in round 2.

sc85sis

Reaction score
After being born four months premature, this kid wasn’t supposed to live. Then he was supposed to have mental handicaps. Instead he overcame asthma and developmental delays to become an A student, a top athlete and a leader.

Yep, he’s exactly the kind of young man John and Pete look for. I hope he balls out. He seems like a great guy.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I am assuming RB was the Lions plan B , they could have had Bijan Robinson, on their draft board Robinson and Gibbs were in the same tier especially in their offense Gibbs could turn out to be a better fit and get some extra draft capital with one of the picks turned out to be Sam Laporta who was my favorite TE coming out this year

nwHawk

Reaction score
I can’t but wonder, I don’t think it’ll happen, but with his movement skills and leadership, any chance they try him at MLB? There are a lot of DEs on this team already.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Men, this is the new Kam Chancellor. I can’t wait to watch this young man make an impact on this team. Dawgfather!
That is so funny! And dead on! I was thinking I got a Kam vibe from him, in his attitude and leadership style, and even a little bit in his appearance!
Yes, may he be the Kam of our LB crew!

olyfan63

Reaction score
I can’t but wonder, I don’t think it’ll happen, but with his movement skills and leadership, any chance they try him at MLB? There are a lot of DEs on this team already.
He sure looks like he could play in the middle. A year or two of mentoring from Bobby, and no doubt he could be terrific at MLB. Seems like he'd have the work habits and study habits and smarts to be great in that spot. For sure he'd be a tougher matchup for that SF O-Line to manhandle, than, say, Cody "Pancake" Barton. (yes, different position, but I'll take some toughness in any of the LB spots)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
College Stats

I'm trying not to jealous of his support system I was born nearly 3 months premature he's my hero now. I hope he meets his exceptions he seems like the real deal.