1st Round #20 Pick WR Ohio State, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

JPatera76

Reaction score

GemCity

Reaction score
My favorite pick in as long as I can remember. You all saw how great Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave were last year... JSN outshined them both when he was healthy. He is going to be a terror; the guy just knows how to get open.
You ever watch him live Rat? I have. When you see him, he’s not out there impressing you with his speed like a Tyreek Hill or physicality like DK.

He’s only an incredible route runner, who is always open and catches everything…like everything …thrown his way. That’s all 🤤 🤤.

Copping jersey time.

Ordering ASAP

Natethegreat

Reaction score
WR was a need. We now have three legit options for this year plus Lockett isn't going to be playing too many more years. I think this was a great pick. Especially considering our options at 20.

Rat

Reaction score
You ever watch him live Rat? I have. When you see him, he’s not out there impressing you with his speed like a Tyreek Hill or physicality like DK.

He’s only an incredible route runner, who is always open and catches everything…like everything …thrown his way. That’s all 🤤 🤤.

Copping jersey time.

Ordering ASAP
Same here.

He's a technician; he looks like he's dissecting the game out there. Geno is going to love him.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I stated in another post that JSN is going to give Waldron a chess piece similiar to Kupp. Not elite top end speed but quicker than any other reciever in the draft with superior intelligence on how to play the position. Not sure everyone understands who we just drafted, but I am totally stoked for this pick.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I confess I was lukewarm about JSN, only because of his lack of breakaway speed after the catch. He gets caught from behind a lot, on catches that speedier receivers would turn into a house call. But he does have elite quickness and short-area speed, gets open, and catches everything thrown his way, all great qualities. I knew he would be a solid pro for whatever team picked him, and would be NFL-ready to play in year 1, not year 3. I was surprised JSN was still available at #20 with all the media love he got. I do trust PC/JS judgment that JSN was the most impactful player available to the Hawks at #20. Look forward to great things from him as a Hawk!

Torc

Reaction score
I posted this in the game day chat but it's worth having in this thread:

toffee

Reaction score
Should injury still be a concern? His 2022 wasn't productive due to hamstring issues, although he seems to be good at combine .... Any worries here?

chris98251

Reaction score
He has enough speed to get to the end zone if he gets good separation, he isn't suppose to be a DK guy, he is a slot primarily. He has good speed, not elite speed. Put a safety or a LB on him and he will eat them up typically.

bileever

Reaction score
JSN is everything that Dee Eskridge was not. An elite player at a big time program who didn't just flash potential but had actual production. Even in his final year, Eskridge had all of 33 catches. Although he was clocked at 4.53 in the 40 at his pro day, JSN has been timed at faster speeds in the 40 before. 4.5 is a solid number in any case, and as we all know, Cooper Kupp's 40 time is 4.62 and Jerry Rice ran a 4.71.

GemCity

Reaction score
Severe hamstring injuries can take a long time to heal but, they’re definitely not in the torn ACL type class.

Once you’ve healed….

Not that you can’t injure it again but, the return rate is disproportionate to even something like a torn meniscus.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm always chanting the name of the #1 player I want them to take when we're on the clock. This was the first first rounder where they actually took the guy I wanted since Kelly Jennings in 2006.

Full Metal

Reaction score

Copping jersey time.

Ordering ASAP
Sorta like Joe Jurevicius. At least I hope he is.