2020 Defense could be Legendary

Chawker

Reaction score
This defensive team is just getting warmed up. We have the best defensive leader in the whole NFL in Bobby Wagner who knows a thing or two about defensive alinements.

Our front seven has been great against the run, and with the latest addition of Carlos Dunlap and the soon to be making his debut with the Seahawks, number 58 Darrell Taylor. _

Now, couple this with a very good secondary and the return of Jamal Adams and we have the perfect storm brewing.

I've always said, "defenses wins you championship" Bring it home boys!

Cheers Chawker :0190l:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would settle for not being the worst overall defense to have ever worn the Seahawk uniforms.

It doesn't need to be near as great as the LOB teams. Or even near the top of the NFL.

Just don't be horrific.

But so far, our new expensive CB hasn't looked that great. That makes me worry it is less the pieces on the board and the person playing the game. Dunbar very likely would have looked better on another team, he did in Washington. So why is he so underwhelming here?

How many other players are not doing well here but could if used more effectively?

If this defense can just be AVERAGE in the 4th quarter, that would be huge. Hoping for that.

kf3339

Reaction score
With our offense, I would just take average right now. Anything more is just frosting on the cake.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Look no further, I think this year's defense has been pretty legendary.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Average D wins the Owl.
With this offense, average is good enough on D. It worked for the 2005 team except the XL disappointment. Killer offense + average defense that gets a few takeaways = Championship.

TraderGary

Reaction score
kf3339":3kerto3k said:
With our offense, I would just take average right now. Anything more is just frosting on the cake.
:ditto:

Statistically we have a historically bad defense, so calling them legendary may be a bit of a stretch. Having a league average defense would be a huge improvement, and I think good enough to take us to the promise land given our offense.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
How soon everyone forgets.. Great offense and ave defense do not win Superbowls. I remember watching a SB about 10 years ago we beat an offense the world has never seen with a average defense..

chris98251

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3norrnqd said:
How soon everyone forgets.. Great offense and ave defense do not win Superbowls. I remember watching a SB about 10 years ago we beat an offense the world has never seen with a average defense..

That one many have said was possibly the best and top 5 ever Average, close to the pedestrian receivers we had I am sure.

suppaball

Reaction score
Remember when the colts won it? That D was bad, then playoffs hit, and a switch was flicked. They got bob Sanders back and wen on a year.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
“Legendary”... [emoji23][emoji23]

... We would literally have to finish the season with a complete shut out and allow nobody to score a point to become Legendary [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Oh its legendary all right. Just not the way you think it is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its not nearly as bad as some people want to make it

AirStrike

Reaction score
We’re on pace to be the worst defense in NFL history, if we’re going to be legendary it’ll be for the wrong reasons.

PNW

Reaction score
Lol We’re just hoping for average in the best case scenario

Reaction score
The main issue with the defense is that it's been too...soft. It's easy to play against, it's not 'in your face'. No teams are looking at the Seahawks D and thinking "that's scary", it's not even just 'bad', it's soft. I want to see more blitzing from Wagner and Adams, more blitzes in general and just give the opposition something to fear. The way Wagner played against SF was great, Adams can be brilliant at that too, so when everyone is fully fit, we need to use these special players to start applying pressure, being riskier and making life hard for offenses.

Hotchy

Reaction score
I was laughing.....I thought this post was a joke.
Then I realized you were serious.

Besides KJ, the whole team has been jelling. All in horrendous synchronization. Wagner hasn't been horrible actually, but sadly you can see he's on the wrong side of his career. Watching our games is like watching the NBA. You just know that 20 point half time lead won't hold. This team reminds me of those Fouts/Marino teams. And we know how many championships those great offenses won....

TraderGary

Reaction score
BoltonWanderer":dqyy5qjb said:
The main issue with the defense is that it's been too...soft. It's easy to play against, it's not 'in your face'. No teams are looking at the Seahawks D and thinking "that's scary", it's not even just 'bad', it's soft. I want to see more blitzing from Wagner and Adams, more blitzes in general and just give the opposition something to fear. The way Wagner played against SF was great, Adams can be brilliant at that too, so when everyone is fully fit, we need to use these special players to start applying pressure, being riskier and making life hard for offenses.

Exactly! We need to continue to be aggressive with our blitz packages and use more press and man coverages on the outside. Our defensive personnel is better than what's reflected in the stats. It's all about scheme, turning them loose, and letting them play.

Latest posts