2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hz1h74l said:
SeatownJay":3hz1h74l said:
Felix has officially been moved to the bullpen.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2433 ... -struggles

I guess the good news is both Dempsey and probably Ozzie are gone next year, that'll open up two DP slots to go after an even better winger............but not going to help us out for the final stretch of the season this year.
Wrong thread, Sarge. :lol:

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score

sutz

Reaction score
I'm impressed. At least a split against the 'Stros. Good quality start from Leake, bats stayed alive. Loving that new lineup.

:irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Erasmo Ramirez starting tomorrow.

Felix available from the pen tonight. They said he wouldn't go in in stress situations, so it doesn't look like he'll be used.

sutz

Reaction score
inconceivable_princess_bride.gif

M's take three from the 'Stros. :shock:

Nice job. Good 5 innings from LeBlanc, catch of the day from Heredia in center with a pick off on 1st for the DP. Managed to string some hits together in the 4th to score 3.

Here they go, building our hopes up again. :irishdrinkers:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Pretty shocking that this team has rebounded from this past eeek by taking three in a row from Houston. We are 3-0 since moving Felix to the pen and changing th lineup. If we miss th playoffs by a few games, we can likely point to Nicasio and Felix. Both guys kept their role on this team for far too long.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Hey Ramirez your pitching great... now take a seat! 79 pitches 3 hits and Servais yanks him. Kids in the LLWS are throwing 85 pitches... professional athletes getting pulled after 5 innings 79 pitches is just stupid.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":3gu0yxqg said:
Hey Ramirez your pitching great... now take a seat! 79 pitches 3 hits and Servais yanks him. Kids in the LLWS are throwing 85 pitches... professional athletes getting pulled after 5 innings 79 pitches is just stupid.

I could be wrong but I think it's his first start in awhile which is probably the reason for the low pitch count. Either way I have no problem with Servis pulling him it's not like Ramirez is Clayton Kershaw, he's bound to blow up at any minute.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Haniger with a CLUTCH whack to the left field corner. Good god, Dee Gordon has some wheels on him. Scored all the way from first!

Crizilla

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":1y1t5mye said:

I actually thought Servais managed well today. You usually don't want a guys pitch count to be up in his first start from having time off. For starters at least. Sale just came off the DL and had a limited pitch count. I have no issue with Ramirez being on on around a 80 pitch limit. Pitching all around was solid the entire series.

Also looks like Servais' move to place Haniger in the lead off spot is paying off big time.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
That was really important to finish off the sweep. If you win the series 3 games to 1 then you only pick up 2 games on the Astros. By sweeping them you pick up 4 games so it is a big difference. Glad to see them pull that out.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Huge series sweep. Idc to hear injury excuse for Houston. Ms have had it in prior yrs. No mercy.

sutz

Reaction score
Guys would complain if you were hung with a new rope.

Ramirez was in his first start in the bigs since April. IIRC they said he only threw 80 or so in his last minors start. He had a bases loaded jam in the bottom of the 5th. Sure, he pitched out of it, but did anybody really want to send him out there in the 6th? I didn't.

In a lot of ways we got lucky. Yeah, they were missing some big bats from their lineup, and yeah we got some bounces, but the M's stepped up and took 4 from the 'Stros in their house. They easily could have folded when the 'Stros took the lead in the 8th, but they didn't. They came back and tied it up and won it in 10.

Hell, coming into the series I figured we'd be lucky to win 1 game. We swept. Part of the M's problem is the mental game, that "same old Mariners" feeling when the ball bounces wrong or the other guys get a clutch hit. They didn't let that happen this weekend. This series had a playoff atmosphere. Loving it! :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’ve never been a fan of H-ram, but that guy pitched his ass off today. Diaz was cash money, Haniger, Healy, and Gordon coming up Big!
Great sweep, but it doesn’t mean diddly if you don’t smoke the A’s for a couple of games.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1h7krahr said:
I’ve never been a fan of H-ram, but that guy pitched his ass off today. Diaz was cash money, Haniger, Healy, and Gordon coming up Big!
Great sweep, but it doesn’t mean diddly if you don’t smoke the A’s for a couple of games.
Yeah, hoping they can keep the momentum going. It's a great opportunity to make up some ground on the A's.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team makes no sense :lol:
Even though the Stros are missing some very good players, a sweep on the road is impressive.
Their inconsistency is maddening though.