2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Bobblehead

Reaction score
sutz":pi4x3zr9 said:
Decent win today. Healy with 5 RBI is pretty impressive. I'm starting to think we have our best 1Bman since Olerud. Let's hope we can hang on to him. He's built more like a true 1bman than Vogelbach. Tall and long, has a good stretch and grab. Was in a slump at the plate for a while, but 18 dingers already is pretty decent power.

Strangely, the knock on him was his defense, but he's been steller defensively.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1n0utftk said:
sutz":1n0utftk said:
Decent win today. Healy with 5 RBI is pretty impressive. I'm starting to think we have our best 1Bman since Olerud. Let's hope we can hang on to him. He's built more like a true 1bman than Vogelbach. Tall and long, has a good stretch and grab. Was in a slump at the plate for a while, but 18 dingers already is pretty decent power.
Vogelbach is a DH. Dude needs to lose a few lbs if he wants to stick in the bigs. Guy can’t field or run, he’s strictly a hitter that K’s too much.

I still hate that trade. Really liked montgomery

raisethe3

Reaction score
Watching the highlights, great win today. If Seattle can sweep the Angels and then take 2 out of 3 against the Rockies, I would be extremely happy. I know its asking a lot, but I believe its do-able. They just got to put it all together. Stay healthy.

On a side note: the AL Central and the National League as a whole really sucks. But whatever, I'll be happy if we at least end up getting a wild card anyways.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2h1cbzxm said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/areedk5sports/status/1016120905389363200[/tweet]
I love the fact he is a little pissed that some of his other teammates didn’t make it. I’m guessing Segura and Pax.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Hard to make as an all-star in the AL as an SS. BUT there is no reason that Pax is not an all-star over JA Happ. That is just BS

SeatownJay

Reaction score
sdog1981":hsv3ref8 said:
Hard to make as an all-star in the AL as an SS. BUT there is no reason that Pax is not an all-star over JA Happ. That is just BS
You can thank the rule that every team has to have one All-Star for that.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nice win yesterday, Healy stole the show. I really like him, best guys we've had at first in a long time. I'm just glad stranding runners on 3rd with no outs didn't hurt us, think we did that twice yesterday. Pretty awesome watching Colome and Diaz strike out the side in the final two innings.

Yeah Segura and Pax probably got snubbed. Snell was even more of a snub though, he leads the AL in ERA. To be fair, Pax hasn't pitched like an all star the past month. The problem with Segura is that shortstop is like the PG position in the NBA, it is loaded, particularly in the AL. I don't see him getting the fan vote ahead of Stanton. I'm fine with it, him and Pax will play with chips on their shoulders and get extra rest time.

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1e8abco3 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarinersPR/status/1016758650856144897[/tweet]
Interesting moves. I'm really down with giving Felix some time off. Wonder what kind of hangnail they will claim for him. I guess he had back spasms a few days ago. Let's go with that. ;)

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Yep, giving his back a break.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1016758999151079424[/tweet]

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Kole Calhoun is the ultimate Mariners killer. Despite that, he's easily my most disliked player in the league, with Rougned Odor a close second.

sutz

Reaction score
How many times have I mentioned how much I hate, hate, HATE losing to the Angels. :evil:

Crizilla

Reaction score
Leake left hanging pitches right in the middle of the strike zone all day yesterday, Marco tonight located his pitchers like an absolute mad man.

sdog1981

Reaction score
So......Marco Gonzolez is going to be a 20 game winner?

Also, I hope everyone is enjoying Edwin Diaz's last MLB season. He is going to save 80 games this year and his arm is going to fall off on the last day of the season.

Threedee

Reaction score
sdog1981":29ofgwsf said:

Also, I hope everyone is enjoying Edwin Diaz's last MLB season. He is going to save 80 games this year and his arm is going to fall off on the last day of the season.

Will his final strikeout be recorded via the underhanded floater?

sutz

Reaction score
Segura goes to Washington. Gonzalez was dealing tonight. Colome channels his inner Rodney, but gets it done. Diaz is Diaz.

Sure, could use a bit more offense, but seeing Freitus putting one over Trout's glove was kind of sweet.

All in all, a great day for Mariner's baseball.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Threedee":3irxz6l1 said:
sdog1981":3irxz6l1 said:

Will his final strikeout be recorded via the underhanded floater?

Oh, man, I remember that movie. Rember they also got a guy out at first using the mound visit first baseman ball exchange trick. But seriously all jokes aside go back and look at what happened after a closer sets the MLB record for saves in a season.