2018 Seahawks Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No problem my friend. Have to say I agree as I thought both were interesting developmental guys.

Perhaps they like the other players already here better or there is something we don’t know about either waived player. They have a plan though, and these guys aren’t apparently good fits at present.

With DE edge rusher being a perceived weakness of the team the release of two guys who have displayed some talent in college at that position seems odd. The team has been good at identifying talent at the position that fits their scheme so we wait and watch with curiosity.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/997571112526647296[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/997584284507521024[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interestingly a week has passed since the last roster move. JS must be having the jitters. I’m wondering if they are done at linebacker, WR, or DB. From what I see they may need depth at MLB even though the player may never see the field except when Wags needs a blow. I wonder if they are happy with the WR depth, it’s certainly a large field and a curious collection with every type represented. To me the depth is wide open behind the presumptive starters at CB, FS, & SS.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks have reportedly signed or will be signing WR- Brandon Marshall to a 1 year deal apparently worth up to as much as $2 million if incentives are reached

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/365 ... n-marshall

So far there is no news as to who the corresponding cut will be. At present I have unilaterally assigned the number 15 to him even though Reynolds has that number at present.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Brandon Marshall is officially signed and will wear #15 while WR/KR- Keenan Reynolds switches to #85.

The player waived to allow for Marshall to be signed is FB- Marcus Martin.

As per Bob Condotta's twitter

@bcondotta
18m18 minutes ago
More
Seahawks make it official that they have signed Brandon Marshall. He could be on field today for OTA that is open to media. Waived fullback Marcus Martin to make room on 90-man roster.

Updated.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2qebe1el said:
Brandon Marshall is officially signed and will wear #15 while WR/KR- Keenan Reynolds switches to #85.

The player waived to allow for Marshall to be signed is FB- Marcus Martin.

As per Bob Condotta's twitter

@bcondotta
18m18 minutes ago
More
Seahawks make it official that they have signed Brandon Marshall. He could be on field today for OTA that is open to media. Waived fullback Marcus Martin to make room on 90-man roster.

Updated.

Interesting .... they kept the three candidates with varying degrees of experience at full back and released the conversion project.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap, I had thought FB- Marcus Martin was going to be in the mix for the competition for the FB spot for a few reasons, his size and his experience playing D which would allow him to play on ST. I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-signed prior to TC but he was apparently the low man on the roster at present and thus is waived. I think we will see the the FB more often in offensive sets going forward.

Interestingly the team still, as Jville keenly has observed, three experienced candidates at
FB- in, 38- Tre Madden, 43- Jalston Fowler, 40- Khalid Hill. Both Madden and Fowler are thumpers and Khalid Hill was considered an exceptional candidate in college while playing at Michigan, all have prototypical or better size for the position.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":15ohfmai said:
Thanks Kitsap, I had thought FB- Marcus Martin was going to be in the mix for the competition for the FB spot for a few reasons, his size and his experience playing D which would allow him to play on ST. I wouldn't be surprised to see him re-signed prior to TC but he was apparently the low man on the roster at present and thus is waived. I think we will see the the FB more often in offensive sets going forward.

Interestingly the team still, as Jville keenly has observed, three experienced candidates at
FB- in, 38- Tre Madden, 43- Jalston Fowler, 40- Khalid Hill. Both Madden and Fowler are thumpers and Khalid Hill was considered an exceptional candidate in college while playing at Michigan, all have prototypical or better size for the position.

Madden is no thumper, Pete just wants him to be. Hill and Fowler are the two guys that I think end up in the final competition, madden is a RB trying to be a FB.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I guess Pete disagrees with you about Madden and has likely seen more to form his viewpoint, we disagree. Madden to me is miscast as a RB, but he is smallest of the group so I do get where you're coming from. My thinking is he will probably get beat out for for the job by one of the others depending upon what Schotty sees from them all. I think it is becoming clear there will be a FB on the roster this coming season.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1lbhodwx said:
I guess Pete disagrees with you about Madden and has likely seen more to form his viewpoint, we disagree. Madden to me is miscast as a RB, but he is smallest of the group so I do get where you're coming from. My thinking is he will probably get beat out for for the job by one of the others depending upon what Schotty sees from them all. I think it is becoming clear there will be a FB on the roster this coming season.

What I have sen and it's a small size since he has been on the shelf almost as much as Prosise, not a endorsing aspect for a FB, is he doesn't engage well and feel the lane when he tries to block, gets blown up when he does, he does not have the anchor or explosion into a would be tackler most other FB's playing has. We have seen some of the best FB's in the business here in Seattle over the years, the eye test tells a lot. Besides, Pete isn't an offense guy either.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There were reasons why the team chose Madden over Marcel Reece or Will Tukuafu and precisely for what you point out is why there is a competition for the FB position. Just because Pete is a defensive minded coach doesn’t mean he dorsn’t recognize football talent or potential. Reality is we fans are only aware of what we see publicly from the player and Madden has been injured enough to raise questions from us as to his suitability to play FB. The team has seen more but he needs to stay healthy like Prosise so the competition is in camp and Madden will need to prove he is better on more than one level in the competition.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here are the details of Marshall's deal which is very team friendly.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/5/31/174 ... s-seahawks

Signing bonus: $90k
Base salary: $1.015M (not guaranteed)
Incentives:
40-49 rec: $75k
50-59 rec: $125k
60-69 rec: $250k
70+ rec: $350k
500-599 yards: $75k
600-699 yards: $125k
700-799 yards: $250k
800+ yards: $350k
7+ rec TD: $350k
Max value: $2.155M
Min. value: $90K

All things considered if he was to not make the team the cost would only be $90K. Low risk for a potential high reward if he fits the scheme.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Does anyone wonder why our draft pick Rasheed Green is still unsigned?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1006309086827147265[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1006308192337330177[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RIP_JEP/status/1006310137617833985[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lol, you got me. I knew the right spelling of his name and can only suspect farging autocorrect got me, or I just missed the misspelling.

Kitsap, thanks for posting the Perry signing and Callender release. Updated now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":39xfc10j said:
Lol, you got me. I knew the right spelling of his name and can only suspect farging autocorrect got me, or I just missed the misspelling.

Kitsap, thanks for posting the Perry signing and Callender release. Updated now.

I couldn't help myself :twisted:

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Oh well, I guess a few screw-ups are normal.

BTW? Do you know when he signed his rookie deal? I can't find any info on it except that he appears now signed on OTC.com

Seems odd the team wouldn't announce something to the effect they had signed all their draft class.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":wq7sv4qt said:
Oh well, I guess a few screw-ups are normal.

BTW? Do you know when he signed his rookie deal? I can't find any info on it except that he appears now signed on OTC.com

Seems odd the team wouldn't announce something to the effect they had signed all their draft class.

I haven't seen anything about his signing anywhere. Even Spotrac has his numbers blank. I wonder if his signing went under the radar or if OTC is just using the numbers that he should be getting? Either way it's odd that we haven't heard anything official.