2017 Seahawks, Depth Chart, Roster Moves, Cap Position

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I have now updated to show all the UDFA additions that have been reported as signing. However the numbers are wrong and it appears as if there are 103 players on my lists and at most if we don't inclusde the drafted players there should be 101.

I've noted my uncertainty about the accuracy of the UDFA signings as there is so notheing officially reported from the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am sure there are a few holes yet and transactions not etched in stone, main site still in flux as well, I would just keep an eye on your sources and main site to see the updates.

Jville

Reaction score
He's back ....... [tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/859870288996990976[/tweet] ..................... returning from an Achilles injury IIRC.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I believe the OP DC is now up to date, at least to all the transactions reported so far by the local media. The numbers are goofy and 3 players over the number I believe to be the maximum, but until the team indicates who has actually been signed as a player under contract the reported signings from the media has to suffice. To

One thing that is immediately apparent, competition for every position on the team will be rather intense.

The RB numbers are flat out silly and for the winners staying healthy will be critical. That competition will be very interesting,

Who wins the OLine battles will also be very interesting, as will be the WR competitions (where the WR numbers are big). In fact the whole team depth for competition for jobs seems to be better than last season and except on the OLine every area was on paper seemingly strong.

The strength of the backup depth is what is now sticking out. The pile has gotten deeper, only a few jobs are safe from competition.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here are the pre-draft pick signing numbers as presently reported by position groups

Offense
QB- 4
RB- 11
FB- 3
WR- 14
OL- 16
TE- 7
Total= 55

Defence
DE/DT- 15
LB- 12
CB-10
S/DB- 7
Total= 44

S.Teams- 5

grand total as reported = 104 yet supposed to be 101

Since this post 2 players have been clarified S- Jordan Simone was a minicamp invitee only, and RB- Kelvin Taylor has been waived. This means the numbers are only out by 1 player who will likely be another mincamp invitee.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/860127580262944768[/tweet]

With regards to Brandon Cottom, I think of him more as a fall back at TE. Tight End was the one notable upset in the draft. A roster of 4 tight ends was necessary to get thru 2016. I think the staff is open to carrying 4 again in 2017. Plus with both Graham and Wilson scheduled to become free agents in 2018, the team figures to continue to churn the roster at that position for the foreseeable future ... especially coming off of the best TE rookie class in 15 years. My own preference would welcome better blocking out of the TE group.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, I have Cottom presently listed as a FB b/c the team indicated last season they liked him best at that position, but he could be designated as a TE. Let's see how the team uses him.

Will update as far a noting the release of Taylor.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Have removed S- Jordan Simone from the roster/DC as he was a minicamp invitee only as per Condotta. RB- Kelvin Taylor was removed yesterday

Still one player to account for to make the numbers right.

EDIT: ADDED THIS SIMONE BACK TO THE ROSTER, THERE ARE SEVERAL PLAYERS WHO'S STATUS IS UNCERTAIN AND IT IS NOT CLEAR IF THEY ARE TRYOUT PLAYERS OR SIGNED UDFA PLAYERS.

Jville

Reaction score
Your right. Brandon Cottom was assigned #42 ..... so he is a fullback first.

Interesting that ...... the Chiefs claimed RB Kelvin Taylor off waivers from Seahawks >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/06/chiefs-claim-kelvin-taylor-off-waivers-from-seahawks/[/urltargetblank]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
KC seems to like the team's castoffs at RB and had some success with them.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Merciful heavens, there is going to be a battle at RB between the guys they have here.

The 4 or 5 kept are going to be well tested by the time the season starts.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/861750035117072384[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dbass91/status/861739445334179840[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm on the road and it may take a bit to up date the 8 recent cuts.

With my phone it's hard to cut & paste, will try though.

Waived are:
RB- Terrence Magee
K- John Lunsford
WR- Jamel Johnson
RB- George Farmer
CB- Perrish Cox
DT- Rodney Coe
C- Ross Burbank
TE- Chris Briggs

The colour codes are not right but the OP is now updated for now

Jville

Reaction score
Coinciding with todays roster announcements, seahawks.com finally got around to redesignating Pierre Desir as a corner back. As I understand it, Desir will compete to fill in for DeShawn at right corner ......eliminating the need to retain CB- Perrish Cox.

Tedrick Thompson is now listed as a free safely at seahawks.com

Gregg Bell seems to think the Seahawks will need to announce their unsigned rookie free agents some time before they report to practice for Friday’s rookie minicamp.

Patience, I suppose, is the order of the day.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Jville, I won't be able to update those changes until tomorrow when I get my hands upon a computer instead of a cellphone. I suspected Desir would be switched to CB , and am not surprised about the team placing Thompson as a backup FS.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
J.D. McKissic has changed to #14 on the .COM roster so makes me wonder if he's being moved to WR. Makes sense given the overload of RBs.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks John, this change I can make with my phone.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think everything is up to date, at least up tothe extent of our knowledge of team intentions and the actual UDFAs signed or not.

Please let me know if you see something that should be changed.