2014 Summer Transfer Window

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":1qa0s6r8 said:
Uncle Si":1qa0s6r8 said:
:1:
Smurf":1qa0s6r8 said:
I actually shed a tear reading about Webb retiring this morning....

Anywho...more Yedlin rumors. Apparently Spurs have entered the race and are now the Favorites.

Wonder when his statue goes up at OT...

Official Yedlin rumour...he's not going to Liverpool

So recent rumours are now: no Yedlin (Manquillo) and two of Reus, Kono and...(wait for it) Falcoa

Sure...works for me.

Reports coming out earlier today that stated he is perfectly OK staying Seattle if the right situation doesn't present itself.

So he lacks ambition...

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":dhcq9bsj said:
So he lacks ambition...

I think he has a different type of ambition than you want him to have.

Staying in MLS makes him the face of the league. He is a really easy player to sell to the general public.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":16eu5ws8 said:
Uncle Si":16eu5ws8 said:
So he lacks ambition...

Staying in MLS makes him the face of the league. He is a really easy player to sell to the general public.

He's a right back Smurf....right backs aren't the face of any league

He may have his reasons for wanting to stay (personally I found the quote bland and professional. He will jump when the "right offer" comes along. Nothing more. I was just winding you up)

Anyways...Yedlins good for the MLS and vice versa...the "face" of the league is a bit of a stretch.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1z506gar said:
Smurf":1z506gar said:
Uncle Si":1z506gar said:
So he lacks ambition...

He may have his reasons for wanting to stay (personally I found the quote bland and professional. He will jump when the "right offer" comes along. Nothing more. I was just winding you up)

Anyways...Yedlins good for the MLS and vice versa...the "face" of the league is a bit of a stretch.

He's already used in National TV spots Si...He's already on his way to a face of the league.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":p693sohl said:
Wonder when his statue goes up at OT...

Official Yedlin rumour...he's not going to Liverpool

So recent rumours are now: no Yedlin (Manquillo) and two of Reus, Kono and...(wait for it) Falcoa

Sure...works for me.
Falcao ;)

Not really sure that's a great idea. That wouldn't be less than 60M€ (Monaco purchased him for that price last season), and he is coming off of a serious knee injury.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12ued5zi said:
So he lacks ambition...
Yep... I mean I don't wanna wind up anybody here :mrgreen: , but he will learn way more if he'd exil to a good club in Europe.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":2djay23k said:
Uncle Si":2djay23k said:
Smurf":2djay23k said:
Uncle Si":2djay23k said:
So he lacks ambition...

He's already used in National TV spots Si...He's already on his way to a face of the league.

I mean they are all faces Smurf...

He appears in various highlights with other players from the USMNT as ads for upcoming games. Simple marketing don't you think?

Anyways...he will move on when the right offer comes. This means any offer that has come (if any did) had conditions.

I'd say a winter loan is his next step

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2vmes8r7 said:
Looks like United are in for Vermaalen. Liverpool continue to be linked with Reus, there's even talk of a ~20mil release clause in his contract. Interesting.

I'm seeing reports that Arsenal are also linked with Reus, some saying that the Gunners are the favorites and some saying Liverpool are the favorites.

Liverpool have also appeared to have entered the running for Falcao.

Oh and it seems Daniel Agger reluctantly wants out of Liverpool and Arsenal appear interested.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2a738tty said:
peachesenregalia":2a738tty said:
Looks like United are in for Vermaalen. Liverpool continue to be linked with Reus, there's even talk of a ~20mil release clause in his contract. Interesting.

I'm seeing reports that Arsenal are also linked with Reus, some saying that the Gunners are the favorites and some saying Liverpool are the favorites.

Oh and it seems Daniel Agger reluctantly wants out of Liverpool and Arsenal appear interested.

Agger will go to Spain. Liverpool won't be in the business of helping a rival.

Falcoa seems off to Madrid (which seems odd given their current striker depth). Would mean Di Maria is off somewhere.

Reus is the golden ticket. Haven't seen an Arsenal link to him. Wouldn't make a ton of sense for them given the Sanchez buy anyways. I don't think Dortmund are ready to be done with him. We can hope I suppose.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":58aa519n said:
Gatehawk":58aa519n said:
peachesenregalia":58aa519n said:

Agger will go to Spain. Liverpool won't be in the business of helping a rival.

Falcoa seems off to Madrid (which seems odd given their current striker depth). Would mean Di Maria is off somewhere.

Reus is the golden ticket. Haven't seen an Arsenal link to him. Wouldn't make a ton of sense for them given the Sanchez buy anyways. I don't think Dortmund are ready to be done with him. We can hope I suppose.

Here's your link Si: http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/07/arsenal-l ... s-4824157/

Arsenal apparently put a bid in for him before his injury and that resulted in Arsenal turning their attention to Sanchez.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The Metro is Arsenals local paper...

The article is written by "Sports Reporter"

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3k7u8m17 said:

It's not just Metro, but also Daily Star, Daily Mail, Independent, and Sky Sports have all linked Reus with Arsenal and Liverpool.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":25dzuhb5 said:
Uncle Si":25dzuhb5 said:

It's not just Metro, but also Daily Star, Daily Mail, Independent, and Sky Sports have all linked Reus with Arsenal and Liverpool.

So nothing credible?

When a German outlet picks it up we may be on to something

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":225prlsq said:
Gatehawk":225prlsq said:
Uncle Si":225prlsq said:

So nothing credible?

Where do you think they got those rumors from? From German paper Die Welt.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2e6xh2cq said:
Uncle Si":2e6xh2cq said:
Gatehawk":2e6xh2cq said:
Uncle Si":2e6xh2cq said:

So nothing credible?

This says Reus would never go to Bayern...

Chase it all you want. That's why it's the silly season

Smurf

Reaction score
Hearing Vidal's agent has agreed to terms that would send him to Man United.

also hearing that Yedlin to Spurs is nearing completion. Looks to be 3.5 Million euro range.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Smurf":3ousi8b1 said:

also hearing that Yedlin to Spurs is nearing completion. Looks to be 3.5 Million euro range.

I don't know a lot about Yedlin, or what Spurs' plans are for him, but I would assume he would be the #2 right back behind Walker. We needed a player to fill this role and I would imagine he'll see quite a lot of playing time (unless we get knocked out of all the cups early on). The fee I've heard is $3.5m, rather than Euros, but even if it is Euros that sounds like a good price as far as Spurs are concerned. We'll probably get more for selling Naughton.

Smurf

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3ohz3744 said:
Smurf":3ohz3744 said:

I don't know a lot about Yedlin, or what Spurs' plans are for him, but I would assume he would be the #2 right back behind Walker. We needed a player to fill this role and I would imagine he'll see quite a lot of playing time (unless we get knocked out of all the cups early on). The fee I've heard is $3.5m, rather than Euros, but even if it is Euros that sounds like a good price as far as Spurs are concerned. We'll probably get more for selling Naughton.

If he signs for Spurs you will have to get me caught up on your squad cause I'll start rooting for em. lol.