2014 Seahawks Free Agents

McGruff

Reaction score
Wenhawk":s1hzzc4z said:
[

Tell that to Patrick Peterson. Tate disappears all to often and we need some height at WR.

We need Tate AND height. Not mutually exclusive.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
My worry is that if we keep Tate, and Baldwin. We won't invest much more at WR with Harvin and Kearse still on the team. Hard to see them spending a 1st, 2nd, or spending FA $ for a big #4 Wr. They wasted a pick on Harper who I was really rooting for to be that Bolding type guy.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
That's a legit worry in my book. I've had the same kind of worry with the offensive line talent too.

We do know that PC has coveted a big sized #1 type since he's been here (Took a chance on BMW, tried to get Marshall and V-Jack), hopefully that hasn't changed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm hoping we retain McCoy. Between him and Willson we would have two developing TE's that both look like they could be very good. Definitely believe we need to resign Tate and Bennett.

I also believe we will go receiver with our 1st pick if there is someone there that looks the part.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Quarterbacks:
- Tarvaris Jackson (NO, Save money going with B.J. Daniels, look to the Draft, Jackson could get a starting gig, he should get quality back-up money.)

Wide Receivers:
- Golden Tate (YES, long term)
- Doug Baldwin (YES, long term but he's also RFA)

Tight Ends:
- Kellen Davis (YES, vet min, 1 yr deal)
- Anthony McCoy (YES, vet min, 1 yr deal)

Move Luke Willson to WR -10 to 15 pounds to be 6'5, 235-240 WR/TE tweener with 4.4 - 4.5 speed. Draft another TE to compete with McCoy/Davis.

Offensive Tackles:
- Breno Giacomini (No, draft RT, let Bowie compete for job)

Guards:
- Paul McQuistan (Yes, at vet min, short-term for versatility and know-how)
- Jason Spitz (No)
- Lemuel Jeanpierre (No, could get starting job elsewhere, Hauptmann looks to be C/G of future)

Defensive Ends:
- Michael Bennett (Yes, similar to Lynch contract)
- Clinton McDonald (No, he deserves to start elsewhere, pains me to say because he's one of my favorite players but Seahawks have Gregg Scruggs, Michael Brooks, Jordan Hill all waiting in the wings with pass-rush ability)

Defensive Tackles:
- Tony McDaniel (Yes, short-term)

Outside Linebackers:
- O’Brien Schofield (Yes, if not Schofield than Morgan)
- Michael Morgan (No maybe Yes, if Schoefield gets a better chance to get playing time elsewhere)

Cornerbacks:
- Brandon Browner (No, Maxwell is better and cheaper)
- Walter Thurmond (No, Jeremy Lane deserves promotion, cheaper)

Safeties:
- Chris Maragos (Yes, vet min)
- Jeron Johnson (No, because DeShawn Shead)

Kickers:
- Steven Hauschka (Yes, Franchise Tag possibility)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Quarterbacks:
- Tarvaris Jackson - He will come back.. its proven he's not much of a starter, but is a Top 5 backup.

Wide Receivers:
- Golden Tate - Lock this guy up. We need him.
- Doug Baldwin - RFA but should also be locked up ASAP

Tight Ends:
- Kellen Davis - Pass
- Anthony McCoy - Pass; Willson brings better skillset

Offensive Tackles:
- Breno Giacomini - Re-sign if affordable

Guards:
- Paul McQuistan - God no
- Jason Spitz - Who?
- Lemuel Jeanpierre - Would like to bring him back. Versatile and nice backup

Defensive Ends:
- Michael Bennett - Yes. Yes. Yes.
- Clinton McDonald - Absolutely

Defensive Tackles:
- Tony McDaniel - Absolutely

Outside Linebackers:
- O’Brien Schofield - He's decent depth, would bring back if cheap
- Michael Morgan - Ditto

Cornerbacks:
- Brandon Browner - Bye
- Walter Thurmond - If cheap, would love to have him on a short deal

Safeties:
- Chris Maragos - Quality ST guy.. would like to keep
- Jeron Johnson - Nice depth and again good on ST

Kickers:
- Steven Hauschka - Absolutely

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Our offense w/o Tate is a frightening thought. Tate is a legit #2 WR and an elite punt returner. If Bevell was not so conservative we Tate could put up huge numbers. Most deep balls he does not beat his corner that badly, but he goes and gets it anyway. If we want Wilson to continue to develop its important to bring back his playmaker.

#2- Bennett- can never have enough pass rushers. Him and Avril have really played well lately.
#3- Probably Mcdaniel- dude played terriffic last Sunday- I've been impressed with him this year.

plyka

Reaction score
Wenhawk":21mwcs62 said:
plyka":21mwcs62 said:
Wenhawk":21mwcs62 said:
Is like to see what other WRs well be getting Tate money on the FA market.

Yeah I may be the only one here who doesn't think Tate should be resigned. He is not s true #1 WR. But he may be due 6m plus. I'm not sire if he is worth it. If it comes down to keeping avril or bennet or keep Tate id go with the two big boys and look to find replacement WR for Tate. This team needs a big bodied WR. With Baldwin being on tates level in my opinion and Percy being Jere I'm not sure the team should spend 6m on Tate.
I think the same. Tate could be very replacable.

I love Tate as much as the next guy, but I'm agreeing with you that he is replaceable level WR. Not one that should break the bank for the hawks especially with Baldwin and Percy here.

plyka

Reaction score
Wenhawk":q626p3j2 said:
CANHawk":q626p3j2 said:
Wenhawk":q626p3j2 said:
plyka":q626p3j2 said:
Wenhawk said:
Is like to see what other WRs well be getting Tate money on the FA market.

Yeah I may be the only one here who doesn't think Tate should be resigned. He is not s true #1 WR. But he may be due 6m plus. I'm not sire if he is worth it. If it comes down to keeping avril or bennet or keep Tate id go with the two big boys and look to find replacement WR for Tate. This team needs a big bodied WR. With Baldwin being on tates level in my opinion and Percy being Jere I'm not sure the team should spend 6m on Tate.

I think the same. Tate could be very replacable.
Sorry but you two are clearly on drugs. Tate is a BAWSE!

Tell that to Patrick Peterson. Tate disappears all to often and we need some height at WR.

I don't think anyone is saying Tate sucks but he is not elite and thus replaceable. I think the hawks should look at one of the elite WRs coming out in the draft. Its a deep class.

main

Reaction score
I have a feeling Tate will sign some where else that offers a lot of money. Knowing Tate's attitude and cockiness, he will want a lot of money. Especially if the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, he will say "hey, I already have a ring.. now it's time to get some money".

I hope Seattle keeps Tavaris Jackson as a back up QB. He knows the play books too well and plays similar to Wilson.

TwilightError

Reaction score
dopeboy206":rvsfon2l said:
Wide Receivers:
- Golden Tate
- Doug Baldwin

Offensive Tackles:
- Breno Giacomini

Guards:
- Lemuel Jeanpierre

Defensive Ends:
- Michael Bennett

Defensive Tackles:
- Tony McDaniel

Cornerbacks:
- Brandon Browner
- Walter Thurmond

Kickers:
- Steven Hauschka

These I would like, but cap-wise its likely impossible.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
dopeboy206":34p5hcmi said:
Who do you like us to re-sign.

Quarterbacks:
- Tarvaris Jackson-someone with an iffy starter might pay him more money as he can come in and play and get the job done...be surpised if he returns

Wide Receivers:
- Golden Tate- I think he's gone, will want a lot of $ and a desperate team might give him big bucks
- Doug Baldwin- comes back on a short deal. Good #3 guy.

Tight Ends:
- Kellen Davis- gone
- Anthony McCoy- gone

Offensive Tackles:
- Breno Giacomini- short deal maybe, time to build through the draft

Guards:
- Paul McQuistan- gone
- Jason Spitz- maybe
- Lemuel Jeanpierre- great back up

Defensive Ends:
- Michael Bennett- damn I hope so but he might be too expensive in the end..
- Clinton McDonald- see above

Defensive Tackles:
- Tony McDaniel- other guys waiting

Outside Linebackers:
- O’Brien Schofield- don't seem to see much of him but if hes cheap enough
- Michael Morgan- who? never seem to see him much

Cornerbacks:
- Brandon Browner- Welcome to Winnipeg!
- Walter Thurmond- has talent, team showed patience and then he gets busted, proabably gone

Safeties:
- Chris Maragos-probably better options out there
- Jeron Johnson- see above

Kickers:
- Steven Hauschka- relaible, except for the one hiccup a couple weekd ago, can he hit 50+ like other younger guys though?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Losing Tate would hurt. I love his feisty-ness and competitiveness.

If he signs elsewhere there will be a void in the personality of the team that will likely not be filled.

I believe that Tate would sign for ~$6M/year.

Of course, Sidney would have to re-structure or be cut in order to make room for Tate's cap hit... but it would be worth while imo.

Rice is not worthy of another $10M cap hit... especially for the next 2 years.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
VegasSeahawkFan":3rx7z8fs said:
#3- Probably Mcdaniel- dude played terriffic last Sunday- I've been impressed with him this year.

It will be interesting to see where Jesse Williams features for us next season. Highly regarded but dropped down the boards and now on IR. I wonder if he will affect thinking in the DT area.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":9ykw4477 said:
VegasSeahawkFan":9ykw4477 said:

It will be interesting to see where Jesse Williams features for us next season. Highly regarded but dropped down the boards and now on IR. I wonder if he will affect thinking in the DT area.

I wouldn't count on Corpse Knee Williams ever doing anything for the Seahawks. Certainly can't go into a season expecting him to play a major role.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I could see Jess Williams giving us a little leverage in asking big red to restructure. Next year some of our top salary earners could be considered overpaid.

Harvin- Cap Hit 13.4Mil- 4.2 mil savings if cut
Okung- Cap Hit 11.2Mil- 6.7 Mil saving if cut (would be primed for an extension to lower cap hit)
Rice - Cap Hit 9.7 Mil - 7.3Mil saving if cut
Clemons- Cap Hit 9.6M- 7.5 mil savings if cut (Only Clemons or Avril will be on the roster next season)
Avril- Cap Hit 9.25 Mil- 7Mil saving if cut (Only Clemons or Avril will be on the roster next season)
Bryant- Cap Hit 8.5Mil- 5.5 Mil savings if cut (love red but this is too much for him.)
Lynch- Cap Hit 7Mil- 4Mil savings if cut
Miller- Cap Hit 7Mil- 5Mil Savings if Cut
Thomas- Cap Hit 5.8- 4.5 Savings if cut (extension could lower cap hit)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... -hit/2014/

gmor

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ifup9tia said:
Rice, Clemons, and Miller should be restructured or cut. I think we could extend ET and Okung and end up reducing the cap hits cause their rookie contracts were before the new CBA and quite pricey. Red Bryant and Lynch could be possible restructures as well.

Okung is making much more than production warrants IMO. Restructuring his deal would be ideal.