2014 Seahawks Free Agents

drdiags

Reaction score
Largent80":1y69sp1t said:
Happy New Year James. And regarding F.A.?.....I don't want to think about it right now.

Same to you my good man! Enjoy your New Year's Eve celebration and let the good times roll!

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":sm1r9o59 said:
Who do you like us to re-sign.

Quarterbacks:
- Tarvaris Jackson

Wide Receivers:
- Golden Tate
- Doug Baldwin

Tight Ends:
- Kellen Davis
- Anthony McCoy

Offensive Tackles:
- Breno Giacomini

Guards:
- Paul McQuistan
- Jason Spitz
- Lemuel Jeanpierre

Defensive Ends:
- Michael Bennett
- Clinton McDonald

Defensive Tackles:
- Tony McDaniel

Outside Linebackers:
- O’Brien Schofield
- Michael Morgan

Cornerbacks:
- Brandon Browner
- Walter Thurmond

Safeties:
- Chris Maragos
- Jeron Johnson

Kickers:
- Steven Hauschka

Must keep:
Tate, Bennett (Baldwin is a RFA, he's not going anywhere next year)

If the Price is right:
Hauschka, Thurmond, Breno and McDaniel

Everyone else is fring at best. Oh and there is little to no chance Browner comes back if he is suspended, but when he is available he will be cheep.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Man I like a lot of the list to come back ..Maybe a list of which other teams FA's we should poach to replace half these guys is a better question :49ersmall:

kmedic

Reaction score
Bennett first, then Tate. Baldwin is restricted so should be easy to retain. I'm not worried about Thurmond. PC and staff are Cornerback Univ. They can turn anyone into a high caliber CB.

Polk738

Reaction score
Tate, Bennett, Hauschka, T-Jack is a great backup, and Mike Rob because he is the shake to the beast quake. Browner is a bum, how he beat out B-Max and Thurmond is mind boggling to me. Speaking of Thurmond I'd like to keep him around just because I love his Rick Flair dance.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tate gets Rice's money. He's priority #1 IMO. He's our only WR that has stayed healthy and been a real game changer.

Hope we also keep Bennett, McDaniel, and Baldwin.

TJack would be nice to keep as a backup too.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I think Tate is going to be pretty important to retain for us barring an offseason trade for a wideout. If you look at the class of free agent WR's next offseason, outside of Eric Decker, it doesn't really get any better than Tate. And although we would all love to see some upgrades in that department, we certainly don't want to get weaker. Maybe we can get a hometown discount. Would probably be another season before we really get alot of production from any WR we might draft. And the way I see it, you can't count on Harvin as anything but bonus if he gets it together health-wise.

plyka

Reaction score
Wenhawk":23imdn0x said:
Is like to see what other WRs well be getting Tate money on the FA market.

Yeah I may be the only one here who doesn't think Tate should be resigned. He is not s true #1 WR. But he may be due 6m plus. I'm not sire if he is worth it. If it comes down to keeping avril or bennet or keep Tate id go with the two big boys and look to find replacement WR for Tate. This team needs a big bodied WR. With Baldwin being on tates level in my opinion and Percy being Jere I'm not sure the team should spend 6m on Tate.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
plyka":30qti1nf said:
Wenhawk":30qti1nf said:

Yeah I may be the only one here who doesn't think Tate should be resigned. He is not s true #1 WR. But he may be due 6m plus. I'm not sire if he is worth it. If it comes down to keeping avril or bennet or keep Tate id go with the two big boys and look to find replacement WR for Tate. This team needs a big bodied WR. With Baldwin being on tates level in my opinion and Percy being Jere I'm not sure the team should spend 6m on Tate.
I think the same. Tate could be very replacable.

Seafan

Reaction score
We have about 74 players right now on all our lists. I imagine there are a few street free agents like Cox who will also quickly sign future contracts. This is a team that players want to play for and be a part of going forward. Sure money will be an issue but I don't see a complete collapse coming. Tate and Bennett are the priorities. There are going to be some vets who will restructure. And there's going to be other UFAs from other teams who will take a discounted contract to play here a year or two. I'm not worried. I know Pete and JS have this planned.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
With the strides our DL made this year you need to make every effort to keep as much of that intact as possible. WR and LB are two areas where we have immediate need of quality depth. I wouldnt be too surprised to see a markedly different OL next year. So for me Tate,Bennett, Hauschka are tier 1. Baldwin, Thurmond, Mrob, McDaniel and possibly Breno would be tier 2. The others are all in play.

Tical21

Reaction score
I would love to see us upgrade Tate to get somebody who can get open against press coverage.

I fear Bennett will become too expensive, we need to rely on our depth there.

I want Hauschka and Breno, and McDonald if he stays cheap.

The question in my mind becomes this: Would you lock up Tate and Bennett if it meant you were going to lose one of Sherman/Thomas?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Rice, Clemons, and Miller should be restructured or cut. I think we could extend ET and Okung and end up reducing the cap hits cause their rookie contracts were before the new CBA and quite pricey. Red Bryant and Lynch could be possible restructures as well.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2b4b6ikq said:
plyka":2b4b6ikq said:
Wenhawk":2b4b6ikq said:

Sorry but you two are clearly on drugs. Tate is a BAWSE!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3el361yn said:
Wenhawk":3el361yn said:
plyka":3el361yn said:
Wenhawk":3el361yn said:

Sorry but you two are clearly on drugs. Tate is a BAWSE!

Tell that to Patrick Peterson. Tate disappears all to often and we need some height at WR.

Latest posts