2014 Predictions

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Even with the tougher schedule, the target on their backs, and the NFL seemingly hell-bent to repress a repeat performance the Seahawks are a better team all-around as long as they stay healthy in all the right places.

The also have the talent to be a Top 3 Offense, Top 3 Defense, and a Top 3 Special Teams. They are the best team in the NFL top to bottom.

They'll be no worse than 10-6 and they could be as good as 16-0 but I'll say they'll repeat last year's win total of 13-3.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":agdaj8kb said:
Since this a prediction page I will go with a few different ones.....

1. Lynch will have a fourth consecutive season of 1200+ rushing yards (even with less touches) and he will have his most RUSHING touchdowns ever this season with 15 (his most so far has been 12 rushing TD's).

2. I DON'T think anyone will reach 10+ sacks this year. I like Avril, Bennett, Irvin, Schofield, etc, but I just don't think with defensive snaps minimized along the D-line that any one guy can reach 10 plus this season.

3. This one is a bit of reach, but I will say it... The O-line that starts the season will START every game this year. I think some guys may get banged up and not finish some games here and there, but the same starting 5 will start every game this year.

4. I think defenses will avoid Sherman like the plague, which will lead to...... wait for it..... Tharold Simon leading the CORNER BACKS (ONCE AGAIN CORNER BACKS) in INT's. I think Simon gets a lot of playing time with teams tossing 4-5 WR's and TE's out on the field and he will push for playing time with Lane leading to teams going after the two greenest guys. I like this guy and think he will get better as the season rolls on which will lead to 4-6 picks this year. That's not a lot of picks, but I just don't see teams attacking Sherm and Maxwell as much as they will go after our LB's and back end CB's.

5. I think Russell will have over 3500 yards (for the first time) and he will have 30+ TD's (first time), but 14 INT"s (first time over 10). I have to believe that Russell gets the chance to push this offense a bit more. It will still be run first, but it will be closer to 55/45 or 60/40 run pass I think.

6. I think Earl Thomas wins Defensive player of the year. I just think this year is the year he finally gets noticed as the best FS in the league.

7. Finally I see the team going 12-4. I want to say 13-3 (two road losses and one home loss), but I just look at the schedule and see 3 or 4 road losses (Carolina, San Fran, Philly, Chiefs) and one home loss (Pack, Broncos, 49er's). With that said I will also miss one shocker (like AZ in Seattle last year), so maybe at Washington or in San Diego. But I'll stick with 12-4.
Kansas City? Seriously? Yeah, begone because that team is 7-9/6-10 guaranteed regardless of Arrowhead. Johanna is going to make lots of money on that game. Trust that.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
farhat":2sv0w753 said:
You are right. I am wrong. For some reason (maybe because they stopped Denver at Denver) I thought San Diego's 2013 run defense was better. They were 12th against the run and aren't even in the top 15 in overall defense.

I'm still a little nervous about week 2 at San Diego.
Per DVOA, San Diego was 31st against the pass and 31st against the run. Raw yardage numbers don't really mean much.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I say we go 7-1 the first half of the season and 4-4 the second half to finish 11-5. But if SF totally collapses as badly as they've looked so far, we go 12-4.

chris98251

Reaction score
I still think it's early but here's mine.

New rules next season.

They outlaw the spin move for the QB, Lineman are getting tendinitis from grasping at air and not being able to grab Russell Wilson.

Percy Harvin must wear a divers belt when playing, Jocks on the field sets a bad precedence and the NFL is all about their image, men losing their jocks on camera doesn't fit what they perceive as family entertainment.

Goodell is now going to charge Richard Sherman Rent, he spends so much time in QB's and WR's heads that they are demanding compensation.

Kam Chancellor has reached a new level, he cannot tackle anyone now since all jurisdiction demand he be registered as a dangerous weapon.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Seahawks go 13-3, win out at home, RW is MVP and is Super Bowl MVP as the Hawks beat Indy 38-21.

Ruminator

Reaction score
With the exception of two to three teams winning a ton and two to three teams losing a ton, plus a couple fairly good (10-11 wins) and fairly bad (10-11 losses) exceptions, my prediction is that 2014 will be the season of parity with more 9-7, 8-8, and 7-9 records than any prior season.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Seahawks 14-2 with losses at Carolina and at Arizona. I think we'll finally get a win beat SF twice for Caroll.

NFC Championship

Seattle 38
SF 17

Super Bowl

Seahawks 41
New England 27

MVP- Russell Wilson

DPOY- Earl Thomas or Richard Sherman

Defense- 1st again as usual.
Offense- 6 or 7th (a bit of stretch, I know. Judging that Hawks placed 18th overall last year.)

StoneCold

Reaction score
After watching the Ninnies stink it up against San Diego and the Cards flounder against the Bengals? Hawks 16-0, and win 2nd Superb Owl.

Hey...why not.

SC

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I am going to say 13-3.
2 of those losses happen in our division. The third will be a fluke of some sort against a team we should crush.
Win the Superbowl against the Patriots 38-13. Tom Brady retires because of taunting from Sherman and ET. :th2thumbs:

Greenhell

Reaction score
I cannot see this team let us down with Russell at the helm on O and LOB on D. I'm going 13-3 but hoping for 14-2 and a repeat of Super Bowl with a victory over the Pats.

kidhawk

Reaction score
When the schedule came out, I was thinking 11 or 12 wins. Now It's getting close to the season and my homerism is taking over and I want to say 14-15 wins, but trying to keep myself grounded, I'll stick with my 12-4 record, winning our division and the NFC and returning to the super bowl.

I've yet to figure out who I think we are playing in the AFC, so I may change this part before the season, but for now I think I'll say we play the Colts in the Super Bowl and win 36 - 17

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
13-3.......beat Packers in rematch of Week 1 shootout.....34-24

Beat Bengals in Super Bowl 27-13......

SB MVP is Percy Harvin with 200 total yards and 2 TD's.

Latest posts