2013 Adopt a Rookie thread

sliv

Reaction score
hawksman53":1f5pxqd4 said:
John Lotulelei

:13:

My adopt a rookie............... UDFA John Lotulelei 5'11" 233lbs OLB UNLV!!!!! his highlights will make you smile, he is a heat seeking missle who is more physical than he should be....... I can't wait to watch this guy play the will this preseason.... you heard it here first.....

4.84 40 yada yada his 20 yard split is top of the food chain and came back in his pro day with a 4.65 40 but was one of the top performers at the combine in the verticle 35.5 " and 3 cone 6.91.... which is legit quicks.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=97253&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/john-lotulelei?id=2539992

[youtube]ZG6OFh5XRVw[/youtube]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jeese "Tha Monster" Williams. He is the one player I believe can have a tremendous impact on the defensive line. Many project him to be a Ngata type of player. If he is even half of that, it'll be very good. I see a lot of similarities between him and a former Seahawk - Marcus Tubbs. When Tubbs was in there, he had strong impact on the defense. Guys like Tatupu and Hill benefitted from it. Williams could have the same effect for Wagner and rest of the LBs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":3knas18d said:
RolandDeschain":3knas18d said:
For an LSU fan, you sure spell "Tharold" incorrectly a lot. In any case, we'll see what comes. I've given up trying to predict whether X player will succeed at the NFL level. It's impossible. Nobody has even been able to do it with 50% accuracy, so you might as well flip a coin.

its such a common name, i forgot. :roll:
btw hes not very popular among our fanbase, so i dont really see his name spelled alot, but it is fun to yell.
i should just stick with humblethug.

Terrible Tharold?

sliv

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2htrz17w said:
Jeese "Tha Monster" Williams. He is the one player I believe can have a tremendous impact on the defensive line. Many project him to be a Ngata type of player. If he is even half of that, it'll be very good. I see a lot of similarities between him and a former Seahawk - Marcus Tubbs. When Tubbs was in there, he had strong impact on the defense. Guys like Tatupu and Hill benefitted from it. Williams could have the same effect for Wagner and rest of the LBs.
I love the idea of Bane at NT and Williams at 3 teq and Red at the 5 teq that just has the potential to be very stout in my opinion. In addition to the run stuffing abilities of that group I really want to see what type havoc Jesse can creat in the backfield at 3 teq, i'm excited.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I gotta go with Ty Powell, since I was pushing for us to pick him.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm going with WR pick Chris Harper. I love his size, speed, route running and toughness.

I would love to see him compete with Tate for the starting job.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
My pick for this year is our latest conversion project Jared Smith.

The Seahawks turned their attention to adding depth to the offensive line in the seventh round. Seattle selected Vanderbilt guard Ryan Seymour, Northeastern State tackle Michael Bowie and plan on converting New Hampshire defensive tackle Jared Smith to the offensive line as well. Seattle also selected outside linebacker Ty Powell from Division II Harding University. Powell is the first player from Harding to be selected in the draft since 1983.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seahawks-select-wr-chris-harper-fourth-round-174419124.html

tubbs51

Reaction score
My Adopt A Rookie is Kenneth Boatwright because, and this may sound vain, but he followed me back on Twitter when i followed him. Seems pretty chill too.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I'll sing his praises all day every day if he catches the critical first downs we need on 3rd & 4-7 to move those chains. Chris Harper, yer my Adopt A Rookie. Gitrdone my friend. :th2thumbs:

uncle fester

Reaction score
Going with Simon this year. Seems like the easiest fit. Really hoping that Williams is a success but I think his journey may be more difficult.

Wait, that sounds like I'm just betting on the sure-thing in a horse race? Maybe I've got this all wrong... Maybe that's why I always lose when I bet on horses too... Hmmm...

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I am going to go with Michael Bowie..I saw this guy play in a couple games at Oklahoma State and he physically dominated those games. Plus it would be insane to have our bookends on the offensive line be from Oklahoma State. I also see that Okung is wicked jacked about the pick.

Jac

Reaction score
Definitely Jesse Williams. In all my years watching the NFL, there are certain unique players I see on other teams and think "I wish we had one of those". Williams is definitely one of "those".

drdiags

Reaction score
Ray Polk.

I am sure he hits the waiver wire before training camp is over, then I don't have to defend any of the rookies.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":28ekihbs said:
Jazzhawk":28ekihbs said:
I gotta go with Ty Powell, since I was pushing for us to pick him.

What's the word on him Jazz?
Small school underdog. Bigger kid, could develop into a LEO sub (8.5 sacks and 15 TFL last season), played safety and DE in addition to OLB in college. Tells me he may have some coverage skills in space, which is critical for our OLB/DE's.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
sliv":373znvew said:
hawkfan68":373znvew said:
In addition to the run stuffing abilities of that group I really want to see what type havoc Jesse can creat in the backfield at 3 teq, i'm excited.

I doubt he will spend much time in the backfield as he's more of a pocket collapser...that's something the D has been sorely needing, IMO, so I'm OK with that. He can send opposing QB's staight into the waiting arms of Clemmons or Irvin.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
GoldenTater81":3k5emt1z said:
I am going to go with Michael Bowie..I saw this guy play in a couple games at Oklahoma State and he physically dominated those games. Plus it would be insane to have our bookends on the offensive line be from Oklahoma State. I also see that Okung is wicked jacked about the pick.

I'm excited about Bowie as well. He could be what we've been waiting for at RT, and with the Rams' defense getting increasingly beastly, our pass pro will have to improve. Teams will be getting after Wilson even more this year. Putting him in the turf is about the only way they'll be able to slow the offense once it gets rolling. I'm all for keeping Wilson upright, because he's displaced our D when it comes to giving us the best chance to win.

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Yeah I am going to go with Chris Harper! I was debating between Michael and Jesse Williams as well because I think they will both be awesome, but I have to go with Harper because I just got that feeling like this guy is going to be an awesome wideout. Plus, I love the surprise factor he brings. Michael was awesome and many have him as the top RB in the draft if he does not get hurt. Many had Jesse Williams as 2nd round projection but think he may have fell because of knee or because he is so raw. Chris Harper though? Most don't have a clue (I didn't) because he was a receiver in a run heavy offense.

I have heard two names when people are trying to compare Harper to an NFL receiver: Andre Johnson and Anquan Boldin. I absolutely love the Andre comparison and Anquan was/is awesome as well. As much as I love the comparisons, of course that does not mean he will be anywhere near their level, but we won't know for sure until he gets his shot.