2013 Adopt a Rookie thread

salamander

Reaction score
Jesse Williams is the first indigenous(aboriginal) Australian to be drafted I believe....so he's not descended from criminals

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I love a lot of people in our draft class but I'm going to have to go with Christine Michael. I figure any guy who grew up with the name "Christine" would have to learn how to run very fast and knock people over, so I see very good things in his future. :D

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Gotta take Jesse Williams, I wanted him in the 2nd, then 3rd, then figured we wouldn't add another DT. Gotta say I was disappointed in our first few picks initially but was P&J'd for Williams. I think our DL will be much improved this year with the additions or Avril, Bennett, Williams, and Hill. I expect a healthy Red Byrant and and improved Scruggs and Howard fighting for their roster spots.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Jesse Williams for sure. First Australian drafted, a place I want to visit someday. And has a Yolo tattoo.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Luke Willson, TE, Rice

I've complained for a tight end pick so I might as well be his homer. Wasn't even on my radar but if Pete likes him, I do.

Sac

Reaction score
Christine Michael. I have a feeling this kid is going to see some touches this year. 5TDs for him.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Jordan Hill. I love his game. He's a disruptor and a slasher. Someone who can knife into the backfield. It's a skill-set we definitely need and he reminds me of another favorite -- Rocky Bernard. I have a feeling he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

VB Hawk

Reaction score
Gotta go with the fellow Australian Jesse Williams , he has all of the sports media here talking about the Seattle Seahawks , lovin it !

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":3bltgv8l said:
I know we're not done with the draft quite yet...but I'm just too excited about my adopt a rookie this year....Tharold Simon, AKA Humble Thug. He may not see the field this year, but he has the chance to be a solid replacement for Browner if everything pans out right.

Who is your adopt a rookie? You can only pick 1!!

Here are your options:

Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
Chris Harper, WR Kansas State
Jesse Williams, DT Alabama
Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
Luke Wilson, TE, Rice
Spencer Ware, RB, LSU
Ryan Seymour, G, Vanderbilt
Ty Powell, OLb, Harding
Jared Smith, DT or O'line, New Hampshire
Michael Bowie, OL, Northeast oklahoma St.

What, are you hating in our our rookie FAs?
Darren Fells gonna make y'all look like foos :cool:

Spokane

Reaction score
Yes I did say I wanted the rookie WR, however he will not make the probowl this year...but guess who will?

Christine (it is pronounced Chris-tin)

TwilightError

Reaction score
Hard time decising between Williams for being the first aboriginal to get drafted and Christine Michael for the sheer excitement factor. Even though the first pick is a too easy choice, I just have to pick Michael.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
Spencer Ware for me. If he and Micheal can develop the same sort of chemistry as MRob and Lynch have now, that could be a big deal for the Hawks a couple of years from now.

OP
OP
FortWorthSeahawk

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Spokane":2dwfhqdo said:
First this thread should have been started by Jseahawks (like every year)

I would like to note that I picked Wilson as my AAR last year!

I think Jseahawks loves this thread and thinks about it all year - the fact he goes with that WR, and I hear he is the next Boldin

I am going with that WR with the size....again remember I called Wilson while you were thinking about Irvin!

Am I saying pro bowl this year, no. But I am saying if the rook looks like AB from arizona at all, he will be our number 2 WR and that is plenty enough for me to pop him into my AAR 2013 slot

I'm with you, Spokane. I jumped the gun right after the Simon pick instead of thinking of Jseahawks traditionally posting this thread. I offered to delete the thread, but he graciously allowed it to stay. I promise not to steal any other board traditions from now on!

Rainger

Reaction score
Jesse Williams for me. I lived in OZ for 10 years and got my dual citizenship with them.

To make it better he is from Brisbane where I lived for the 10 years.

Wow to make it even better he played for the Bayside Ravens who play in Birkdale which is in the Redland Shire that I lived in.

I remember the news about them forming in 2000 while I was still there. I only wish I had gotten to see him play before I left.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2pjtaucq said:
therealjohncarlson":2pjtaucq said:
Hawk Strap":2pjtaucq said:
I base my adopt a rookie on the best back story.

Last year, Turbin, because of him being a man and taking care of his sister.

Been at work all day, don't know a thing about any of them yet.

Any good stories?

Jesse Williams? First Australian to be drafted, has a YOLO tattoo on his neck. Need I say more?

That made me hate him

I agree. It would be so much cooler if it said Octopussy.

Greenhell

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":to2uf71x said:
Greenhell":to2uf71x said:
What exactly is adopt a rookie? How's it work?

Seriously? You've been registered here for 4 years and you've never seen the annual adopt-a-rookie threads? Lol. You pick a rookie that you're a fanboy for, and stick with him through thick and thin for the year. It's really just a chance to flash your ego if your pick (assuming it's a mid-rounder or later) turns out to be really good.

I've seen, just never bothered to check out the threads.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Reading my local Sunday paper I learned that Jared Smith went to high school in Greencastle, PA, just a few miles up the road from where I live. So I'm adopting him.