2013-14 EPL Season

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":19ng06s9 said:
Defenders right knee clearly clip attackers ankle. It's why you don't tackle from behind. Keeper could have been sent off on the other one.

Bad tackle. Bad loss. Bad performance. Don't embarrass yourself anymore Gate.

You must have missed the part where I said "If anything, that was not a yellow card.". It wasn't the performance I wanted to see, but they still nearly scored after going a man down if not for a number of last ditch saves by Guzan. I'm just as pissed at the fans blaming this loss on the lack of signings, like they think that would've made a massive difference(we don't know if it would've). In the end, that was an embarrassing loss caused by a lousy performance and poor refereeing decisions.

And about that Szczesny one, maybe he should've, I think the reason he wasn't was that, at least to me, it appeared that Agbonlahor exaggerated the contact, it was a penalty but Gabby made it look worse than it actually was, plus the way he moved the ball probably made it no longer a clear goal scoring opportunity. I don't know, just throwing out theories.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
My bad then. I thought you said it wasn't a penalty. I agree a yellow was a bit harsh. I'm sure Gabby gave quite a good yell when he went down. Was a good clip of his heel though.

Arsenals reaction to this afternoons defeat may define the fight for the 4th spot really. Be interesting for sure

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Totally a penalty on Koscielny, look how his right knee clips Abonglahors left leg. Everyone in the league gets crapped on by the refs once in a while, it's about how you bounce back from it that will matter most.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
I swear to christ is Spurs hijack this Willian deal........It's the 21st century, don't they have their own scouting department by now? And where are they getting all this money?

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
So Redmen, what do you think of our performance against Stoke? Encouraging? Too early to tell? What the **** was Agger doing with his arm?

Storts

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":c2jmxavj said:
I swear to christ is Spurs hijack this Willian deal........It's the 21st century, don't they have their own scouting department by now? And where are they getting all this money?

We were linked with Willian long before you were on the scene, he visited the training ground last year.

Just another conspiracy theory for Liverpool fans.

Viva Soldadooooo

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":4e4ltu0u said:
Totally a penalty on Koscielny, look how his right knee clips Abonglahors left leg. Everyone in the league gets crapped on by the refs once in a while, it's about how you bounce back from it that will matter most.

If it's worth anything, go ahead say it isn't, Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle, the NBCSN guys, both agreed that the penalty shouldn't have been given.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":ap393fqv said:
InSuarezWeTrust":ap393fqv said:

If it's worth anything, go ahead say it isn't, Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle, the NBCSN guys, both agreed that the penalty shouldn't have been given.

So? Two former players hundreds of feet away from the action don't count for anything. Just because you get the ball doesn't mean it's not a foul. If Ron Vlaar had taken down Giroud down in that matter, you'd be screaming for blood. Pick your battles.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'd be pissed if that was Liverpool. But either way the calls were made. It was close enough to allow the ref a decision.

As for Liverpool an encouraging start ripe with drama. Let's hope some magic is returning.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1pv0tn9v said:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8878529/transfer-news-newcastle-have-rejected-an-arsenal-bid-for-yohan-cabaye

Yikes, gate. I'm actually starting to feel a bit sorry for you. When you can't even lure away a good squad player (he'd be nothing more than that for Arsenal) from a bottom half team, something is very very wrong.

I'm starting to question the opinions of the "experts". They complain about Arsenal not buying, and when they attempt to buy someone(regardless of how much the offer is) the "experts" complain. I bet you if Arsenal were to sign Cabaye(or anyone in the next day or 2) then those "experts" will classify it as a panic buy and complain about it. Basically Arsenal is in a lose-lose-lose situation with the media right now and we can blame the Gunners for that cause of how lazy they've been this summer.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Really getting crazy now, apparently Arsenal are planning a £20m bid for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

Edit: Now the Guardian is reporting that Stoke City is preparing for Arsenal to come in for Begovic. That's the least "out of nowhere" rumor I've seen today.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2313ebbo said:
No. He's not worth close to that. Arsenal don't need him anyway.

I'm not saying Arsenal do need someone like him. But he just turned 20 years old so saying he's worth over 30 million is kinda foolish, I don't think any 20 year old is worth that much, especially one that didn't see many appearances before moving to Juve, if he performs like he did last year again, then maybe he would be worth over 30mil.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Well Alan Pardew has made this a bit embarrassing for himself over his comments about Arsenal's bid for Cabaye. Basically, without directly saying it, he's blaming Arsenal for Newcastle's 4-0 loss to Man City. I know you guys are gonna say say I'm wrong, but think about this like how parents always say "It's not what you say but how you say it". Pardew's comments went:

"We've prepared with the lad for three days and then for him to have his head turned by this bid from Arsenal on the eve of the game is just disrespectful. From my view, why it couldn't have waited until tomorrow morning I do not know. I don't think the result would have been the same if he had played."

Tell me he's not indirectly blaming Arsenal for his club's loss to a different club.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Arsenal tapped him up. They are making themselves look ridiculous this summer. Funny you saw it another way.

Pogba is 10-15 tops by the way. Draxlar is twice the player and worth 30. Ericksen far more effective and probably 15-20

Really just desperate arsenal media pundits doing all they can.

Smurf

Reaction score
There is no way that Pogba is worth 20 mil...10...maybe 15.

Trust me, I know. I'm a Utd Supporter...ive seen him play a ton.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yuck. I've only just realised that Hull = Steve Bruce. The mute button's going to get a fair workout this season during MOTD.

Smurf

Reaction score
Speaking of MOTD, NBCSN now has a US version of match of the day. I have to say, it wasn't horrible. It wasn't great, but it certainly didn't make me want to kill myself (US Top Gear).

It would be cool if they also did an MLS version of the show.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2yhgp4x9 said:
Smurf":2yhgp4x9 said:
There is no way that Pogba is worth 20 mil...10...maybe 15.

Trust me, I know. I'm a Utd Supporter...ive seen him play a ton.

yep. 10 is fair, 15 is being generous.

To be fair, Arsenal would have to pay 30 to pry him from Juve