2013-14 EPL Season

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Should've scored, should've won. Got no help from the referee who waited till the 73rd minute to even touch a card despite Vidic throwing every part of his arm at Giroud. It's definitely better than Saturday, but it doesn't help us much as it's a lost opportunity to go back top.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3nqnlv8g said:
bloody hell. Full credit to Meulenstein, he's got that wee Fulham team playing well these days. Three points is all that matters though.

Only four points out of 1st place now, and only 3 points behind an average-looking ARSE team that's just prime for a collapse now given their upcoming schedule. Chelsea still look somewhat inconsistent, and City aren't finding goals these days. Really should be a great title race, right down to the wire.

well....

3 points

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1mjtzvq5 said:
bloody hell. Full credit to Meulenstein, he's got that wee Fulham team playing well these days. Three points is all that matters though.

Only four points out of 1st place now, and only 3 points behind an average-looking ARSE team that's just prime for a collapse now given their upcoming schedule. Chelsea still look somewhat inconsistent, and City aren't finding goals these days. Really should be a great title race, right down to the wire.

Shouldn't really get too far ahead of yourself. Liverpool should probably count themselves a little bit lucky as before that penalty, it was looking to be a 2-2 draw, and then after the penalty Fulham had too great chances they wasted. I'd also be worried a little bit that the side that put 9 past Arsenal and Everton have had two facepalm mistakes from Kolo Toure, and had to fight back twice against the worst side in the EPL right now. They've got some momentum right now, but they have to keep pushing forward or it could be an even worse collapse than what everyone is expecting/hoping Arsenal to do. I've constantly mentioned this that Liverpool are only great as long as Suarez and Sturridge stay in form, if one(if not both) of their forms dips, that might become a problem, kinda in the same vain as City with their goal scorers.

Should also be worth pointing out that Arsenal won't have a really difficult league game for the next month, really shouldn't be saying they're prime for a collapse just yet. It's by no means a favorable week ahead with Liverpool and Bayern in cup matches, luckily they're both at home so no major travel happening. They just gotta put their heads down and focus on the next 90 minutes.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Come on Gate....Id like to get ahead of myself...

we are sitting 3rd, having gained 5 points on Arsenal in the last 2 games. our next league match is home to Swansea, and have Agger, Sakho and Johnson coming back. we just fought back to beat the "worst side in England".. the same side who drew away to the team you were a crossbar away from losing to. Toure, by the way, was immense after the blunder

also worth noting is that while laying waste to Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham and scoring 3 against Fulham, Suarez has only scored once.

Arsenal need to steady Gate, or it could go south very fast. Id be far more concerned with how Liverpool can surpass them than hoping they fall away.

Hell, Spurs are gaining on you...

Hawkspur

Reaction score
We're still there.... great result tonight and by all accounts a great performance. Let's hope Spurs will keep rolling on. Tough fixtures in March, but no more games against City at least.

razgriz737

Reaction score
American noob here. How does postponement work? Was hoping to finally catch a full Everton match since I decided to follow them but obviously that didn't happen today, lol.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Liverpool are like the 49ers of the EPL -

Feel like they are entitled to win the league every year and butthurt when someone else inevitably wins it.
Won their last title 25 years ago but like to remind everybody how many they've won.
They wear red.
Their supporters are thick violent and uneducated.
They play in shitty run down old dustbin of a stadium.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":1dpua3ip said:

Feel like they are entitled to win the league every year and butthurt when someone else inevitably wins it.
Won their last title 25 years ago but like to remind everybody how many they've won.
They wear red.

Yawn...

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1m3kw7q5 said:
Seabhac":1m3kw7q5 said:

They wear red.

Yawn...

Oh and they normally have a good run every year only to fade away at the end.....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
razgriz737":3r190gaw said:
American noob here. How does postponement work? Was hoping to finally catch a full Everton match since I decided to follow them but obviously that didn't happen today, lol.

They will find the best available for both teams (with at least three days off in between bookend matches)

Could be march or even april

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":3fih8lss said:
Uncle Si":3fih8lss said:
Seabhac":3fih8lss said:

They wear red.

Yawn...

Oh and they normally have a good run every year only to fade away at the end.....

Cute that you just woke up from your nap..does mommy know you're on the internet?

Troll

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":34idfvkb said:
Seabhac":34idfvkb said:
Uncle Si":34idfvkb said:
Seabhac":34idfvkb said:

They wear red.

Yawn...

Cute that you just woke up from your nap..does mommy know you're on the internet?

Troll

Troll??? Is this a Liverpool Board?
I have been drunk off my ass for the last 2 weeks. Now that the NFL season is over I can turn back to EPL.
Yes - mommy does know I am on the internet. She also knows I hate Liverpool and nothing brightens up my day than seeing all their records slip away.....and watching Gerrard march towards retirement without a championship.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Uncle Si":171x6vot said:
razgriz737":171x6vot said:

They will find the best available for both teams (with at least three days off in between bookend matches)

Could be march or even april
Cool, thanks.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1x6vbwbh said:

we are sitting 3rd, having gained 5 points on Arsenal in the last 2 games. our next league match is home to Swansea, and have Agger, Sakho and Johnson coming back. we just fought back to beat the "worst side in England".. the same side who drew away to the team you were a crossbar away from losing to. Toure, by the way, was immense after the blunder

also worth noting is that while laying waste to Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham and scoring 3 against Fulham, Suarez has only scored once.

Arsenal need to steady Gate, or it could go south very fast. Id be far more concerned with how Liverpool can surpass them than hoping they fall away.

First, if Arsenal were a crossbar from losing(It was Szczesny who pushed the ball into the crossbar mind you) then Arsenal were a man on the post away from winning too.

Second, Suarez is still making an impact even without scoring, even you have to admit that. The way Liverpool have been playing, Fulham shouldn't have given them any problems, but they did and Liverpool have to figure out why otherwise other teams are gonna exploit what Fulham did.

Third, while I agree that Arsenal need to steady themselves, it's laughable to even think Spurs will catch and pass the Gunners right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":25meb4h9 said:
Uncle Si":25meb4h9 said:

First, if Arsenal were a crossbar from losing(It was Szczesny who pushed the ball into the crossbar mind you) then Arsenal were a man on the post away from winning too.

Second, Suarez is still making an impact even without scoring, even you have to admit that. The way Liverpool have been playing, Fulham shouldn't have given them any problems, but they did and Liverpool have to figure out why otherwise other teams are gonna exploit what Fulham did.

Third, while I agree that Arsenal need to steady themselves, it's laughable to even think Spurs will catch and pass the Gunners right now.

They are only 6 points behind with a far easier run in...careful

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":lynvgqbe said:
Uncle Si":lynvgqbe said:
Seabhac":lynvgqbe said:
Uncle Si":lynvgqbe said:

Troll

Troll??? Is this a Liverpool Board?
I have been drunk off my ass for the last 2 weeks. Now that the NFL season is over I can turn back to EPL.
Yes - mommy does know I am on the internet. She also knows I hate Liverpool and nothing brightens up my day than seeing all their records slip away.....and watching Gerrard march towards retirement without a championship.

I think you're still drunk.

Careful...Zimas can catch up on a girl

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3hlz4gd3 said:

far easier run in huh? So having Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, with Arsenal being the only home match, in a 4 game span next month is easier than Arsenal's?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":19r2ejxv said:
Gatehawk":19r2ejxv said:
Uncle Si":19r2ejxv said:

far easier run in huh? So having Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, with Arsenal being the only home match, in a 4 game span next month is easier than Arsenal's?

Yes.

Its as if he's forgotten Arsenals upcoming fixtures

He's gone manic Gate has

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ys9p3fx said:
Seabhac is just a United fan with nothing better to do this season then try to troll Liverpool fans.

It's rough down there in the mid-table, isn't it sweetheart?

Ha ha good one!