2013-14 EPL Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3na5qdvc said:
Uncle Si":3na5qdvc said:
Great ball by toure

It was a game of 2 crosses, eh. The ridiculous and the sublime.

Ridiculous really... But when you have to start Kolo in back to back games its more than likely you'll get punished..

Oh well. Suarez should have just finished his. 4 points clear would have felt better

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Feels like deja vu. City go top after Arsenal slip up and, just like Liverpool back in late December, don't last a week there before handing top spot back to Arsenal. Definitely a great weekend for the Gunners and a real confidence boost as they head into a tough run of fixtures.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Im not sure losing to the 2nd best team in the Premier league is a "slip up"

Smurf

Reaction score
Wow....I'm sorry Gate...thats a rough 20 minutes...

Hope Arsenal can salvage it a little bit so you don't have to listen to the Scousers here tell you about it for the next 3 months.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Um mm...

Amazing really

(Like the footy version of 48)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":9gcij4d8 said:
You get the sense that Arsenal have at least one goal in them here. I wouldn't mind a clean sheet, but the 3 points are what's important, and we look to have them in the bag.

Absolutely... Just keep a firm hand on 4th...

This game is extraordinary though..

And how about that free kick. Suarez you Devil

Uncle Si

Reaction score
43 to 8 equals 51 5...1 whaaa

just saying

how about sterling today as well sorts out his finishing the could have scored 4 or 5

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I wish Spurs would go away... Unfortunately I see them driving the 1-0 score lines against poorer teams to stay close. Sherwood's got them organized and sound

Smurf

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1akwg43p said:
Smurf":1akwg43p said:
Wow....I'm sorry Gate...thats a rough 20 minutes...

Hope Arsenal can salvage it a little bit so you don't have to listen to the Scousers here tell you about it for the next 3 months.

Away back in your box, Smurf.

Anyway, that's a good result for Spurs. I would've preferred a draw, but still, Spurs needed that one. Everton have lost their luster it seems.

Let's go wee Fulham and smash these Manc twats!

I seen you unfriended me on the face space...didn't know if you still wanted me around these parts too. :p

Clearly my lack of participation in this thread is related to the level of play United have been displaying....like all typical United fans.

btw, we are so shite right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Less concerned with Smurf, English and the other United apologists whose pandering we've endured so much of...

But Gate... I mean is he breathing? His precious, immaculate, infallible Arsenal were absolutely dismantled, torn to shreds, beaten soundly in every aspect. There was no controversy, no debatable ref decision or unlucky bounce to point at. No ifs to suggest.

In fact, each of those did occur for the side who still struggled to a 4-0 lead within 20 minutes. Those contentious decisions and unlucky bounces and poor finishes only managed to keep the score at 5.

I worry for Gate because yesterday there was nothing to do but accept the full limitations of his squad. And I'm not sure he can do that.

It was three points... But it feels like so much more.

Smurf

Reaction score
Lol. Si, you know I'm a Sounder first.

I don't pretend to defend anything United does.

Really I am just a fan of good ole hair plugs. Love me some Wayne Rooney...can't really explain why.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Si, I've avoided this site for 4 days because I've been so infuriated and pissed off at what happened Saturday. Szczesny said it right, it was f***ing embarrassing. Liverpool should've won 10-1 because of how bad Arsenal played as a whole in that first half alone. Actually I can't even comment on the game entirely cause I woke up to watch the game, 10 minutes after it started, the TV was off, both remotes was thrown across my bedroom and I was back in bed with 2 pillows covering my face yelling my brains out in anger.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
It's shaping up to be a fascinating home stretch. Nobody's pulling away yet, and Spurs, Everton and United are hanging around. Liverpool are looking good but keep having games like the West Brom one which keep them close. There's a lot going wrong at Spurs at the moment but on the pitch it's largely ok, a few sound thrashings aside. They look like their 5th place: clearly not as good as the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and probably Arsenal, although while Spurs keep getting results against the 15 teams below them there is hope.

At this stage I think 4th for Spurs is unlikely, but at the same time I'd be nervous if I was an Arsenal fan. They are capable of being really good but over the past 10 years or so have not shown that they can avoid a month - 6 week run of mediocrity. Do they have the mental strength to put the Liverpool thrashing behind them?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3788i8j6 said:
Si, I've avoided this site for 4 days because I've been so infuriated and pissed off at what happened Saturday. Szczesny said it right, it was f***ing embarrassing. Liverpool should've won 10-1 because of how bad Arsenal played as a whole in that first half alone. Actually I can't even comment on the game entirely cause I woke up to watch the game, 10 minutes after it started, the TV was off, both remotes was thrown across my bedroom and I was back in bed with 2 pillows covering my face yelling my brains out in anger.

Welcome back Gate.

I can only imagine what that was like to watch.

Hawkspur hit on it though, the inconsistency of Liverpool, and the gauntlet that Arsenal have to run give Everton and Spurs hope for jumping into 4th. United cant seem to get out of their own way.

On to the rest of the season... the final 13 will be something to follow.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
If Arsenal replicate the response they had after that opening day disaster and the Man City match, then they shouldn't have too much worry. United's totally out of control form and Munich losing a real key player to injury kinda eases the stress the next few weeks brings.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1tck4bcq said:
If Arsenal replicate the response they had after that opening day disaster and the Man City match, then they shouldn't have too much worry. United's totally out of control form and Munich losing a real key player to injury kinda eases the stress the next few weeks brings.

I can understand being confident with United. It will be an interesting match to say the least.... But Munich could lose 4 starters and they'd still be the best in the world. Ribery's been fantastic for them, but he will be back for the German leg.

Thats going to be one ridiculous tie

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1m1qxsmt said:
Gatehawk":1m1qxsmt said:

I can understand being confident with United. It will be an interesting match to say the least.... But Munich could lose 4 starters and they'd still be the best in the world. Ribery's been fantastic for them, but he will be back for the German leg.

Thats going to be one ridiculous tie

Ribery's injury will make things a lot more open. Before his injury, I think the consensus was that Arsenal were gonna need a near miracle to somehow get past Bayern Munich. But Ribery missing gives Arsenal a much better chance to do something big in the first leg. Munich is still a really strong team, but really it's roughly the same squad that Arsenal beat at the Allianz Arena(also with roughly the same squad as now). Not saying Arsenal will certainly win now, but it's a lot less difficult without one of Bayern's biggest names in that squad for the 1st leg.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Kolo Toure is not having a fun two weeks, not even that game last Saturday is helping him. Gifting the equalizer against West Brom and then a comical own goal against Fulham. Imagine the reaction to Liverpool following up the win against Arsenal to losing to the worst side in the EPL if the score holds up.