2013-14 EPL Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I know Ferguson struggled his first couple years at United but that was with little expectations... Do the United supporters and owner have the patience to let Moyes struggle?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2fvaanjz said:
Uncle Si":2fvaanjz said:
I know Ferguson struggled his first couple years at United but that was with little expectations... Do the United supporters and owner have the patience to let Moyes struggle?

Of course not. They're already on his back about the transfer window and losses to Liverpool and City. I'm telling you, if they lose to Liverpool tomorrow it'll be a shit-storm for Moyes.

No van persie and the return of Suarez makes for a compelling tie for sure

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
It's gonna be an interesting match tomorrow between Arsenal and West Brom cause we'll see if Bendtner is actually gonna step up and make every Gooner less worried about the Striker options should Giroud get hurt. I'm a really skeptical and cautious about that cause I'm still finding it hard to believe that he went from whining about not wanting to play for Arsenal 2 years ago, to suddenly wanting to help us. I don't know but I just don't get it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3g1g4quj said:
Of course not. They're already on his back about the transfer window and losses to Liverpool and City. I'm telling you, if they lose to Liverpool tomorrow it'll be a shit-storm for Moyes.

No van persie and the return of Suarez makes for a compelling tie for sure[/quote]

Certainly does, mate![/quote]

Interested to see the team sheets for both teams. I'm not sure this tournament is high on the list of priorities for BR (i imagine Suarez starts, if not plays, but the rest of the lineup will be interesting).

However, Moyes probably needs to secure a long run in everything United is a part of, atleast until league results get better. So does he go with a younger lineup, or run out the same group we saw against City

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not displeased.... Played well enough. The top three trio was dangerous all night. Really Suarezs touch let him down at crucial moments or we probably walk away with that one.

Sunderland is the big game. Need to score some goals

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Arsenal shouldn't still be in the Capital One Cup, plain and simple. It was a boring, nearly uneventful first half, 2nd half was slightly more eventful, Arsenal wasting chances galore, along with a crazy 118th minute scramble in front of the goal that somehow didn't go in for the Baggies. Then in penalties Gnabry had his shot saved but 2 shots by West Brom that went to the opposite corners of the stadium rather than goal somehow gave us the chance that Nacho Monreal capitalized on to send us through. Now thanks to that brilliant draw, Arsenal have a fun schedule in late October-early November, what with Chelsea(H), Liverpool(H), Dortmund(A) and Man United(A) in 4 successive games.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Storts":11nd6o14 said:
Gatehawk":11nd6o14 said:
Storts":11nd6o14 said:
We're going to win the league

Who's "we're" exactly?

The pride of North London

Oh Arsenal. Still too early to call that, but yeah, each game seems to make it less insane to say Arsenal have a chance(albeit it's still a long shot)

Storts

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3pipidki said:
Storts":3pipidki said:
Gatehawk":3pipidki said:
Storts":3pipidki said:
We're going to win the league

Who's "we're" exactly?

The pride of North London

Oh Arsenal. Still too early to call that, but yeah, each game seems to make it less insane to say Arsenal have a chance(albeit it's still a long shot)

Definitely not a scummy gooner

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Storts":2gnb7jv0 said:
Gatehawk":2gnb7jv0 said:

Definitely not a scummy gooner

Wait what?

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1i53c8pn said:
He's baaaaaaaaack......

Yes, he's back, and yes, he's scored 2 goals. However, he did it against the only team in the EPL without a win so far this season, one that everyone seems to score with ease on right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2nz4xuxz said:
He's baaaaaaaaack......

Great to see him running through the box again. He worked real well with Sturridge. Its easy to see what he brings back to the team.

Like to see Moses out wide instead of underneath... But such is the depth of the squad at the moment

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":111324x4 said:
Uncle Si":111324x4 said:
peachesenregalia":111324x4 said:
He's baaaaaaaaack......

Great to see him running through the box again. He worked real well with Sturridge. Its easy to see what he brings back to the team.

Like to see Moses out wide instead of underneath... But such is the depth of the squad at the moment

This formation is working alright for now. I think when Johnson and Coutinho come back, it'll change. Coutinho will slot into the CAM role, Toure and Hendo to the bench with Enrique going back to Left-back and Moses coming to the left side of midfield, Gerrard sort of on the right with Lucas in the middle. Having guys like Henderson, Toure, Ibe, Sterling, Aspas, Alberto, etc. all able to come off the bench is a good thing. Squad is strengthening, and I'm sure we have our eye on some fresh talent for the January window.

Just thrilled about the Sturridge/Suarez partnership, they both look hungry and comfortable with eachother. Liked seeing Sakho settle in a bit more and look like the dominant center-back we needed. Onwards and upwards, YNWA.

We still need something more creative underneath. props to BR for going to a 3 back (and 2 wing back) system. I do like Henderson out there.

This is why I was so high on getting Ericksen. He would fill the role of the underneath CAM perfectly. It would be interesting to see Moses and Sturridge paired up top with Suarez underneath. I guess we will see. Crystal palace may give us the chance to be more free with our options.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
6 games played, 2 points clear at the top, 8 consecutive EPL Away Wins, 9 straight wins overall, and all of this with Cazorla, Oxlade, Podolski, Walcott, and Rosicky on the injury list. Don't hate me but I'm starting to get my hopes up for this season.

And how about Serge Gnabry? 2 EPL starts and he gets his first Arsenal 1st team goal. He repaying Wenger's faith in him replacing the injured Walcott.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xme4unu said:
Yeah, the Palace match is one we should expect to win, however I don't want them taking any chances. Need the three points more than anything.

Hopefully the manchester clubs continue their recent run of form :D

agreed... its a bit satisfying to see United fumble about early on. I mean Moyes has been nothing short of a thorn in Liverpool's side for a few years, and we all know the malcontent that comes with United. Sadly many of my United friends are discussing the possibility of SAF returning to save the side... Citys formula just isnt working. they will come around soon enough. Its a bit early to settle into whats-what in the table, but its hard to see where/how United make enough of a turn to be consistent enough to level up at the top.

We've go Palace, Newcastle (who are currently down 3 rip to Everton and the half time whistle hasnt even blown yet) then West Brom. Very nice run in before some top table opponents come up. hopefully Coutinho's fit and back by then.

Still thought we struggled with Sunderland, and again in the 2nd half. I dont mind Lucas sitting a match for the yellow, hopefully BRs new lineup will yield a more convincing defensive display (speaking of CMs, where da hell is Joe Allen at the moment?)

dino26

Reaction score
Just want to add Glasgow Rangers and Chelsea FC fan here so expect input !

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH !

Latest posts