OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37qqm9if said:
peachesenregalia":37qqm9if said:
*sigh*

Only 4 games into the season and you're already getting on my tits, Gate.

its not worth it, honestly. Its like watching those homeless guys talk about aliens to themselves under a bridge. It would be to easy to show how influential Coutinho became once Saurez was banned. too easy to point out Coutinho's lack of impact this season or that Sturridge doesnt lead the team in shots, just goals. He'll just keep talking about aliens (and Aaron Ramsey)

Did I not say I haven't seen enough of Liverpool this season to have a clear opinion on any of their players. I'm not a Liverpool fan, I don't focus on what they've done(aside from record and position in the table, their stats or who's had a bigger impact this season. And now your getting on my case because I'm giving praise to Aaron Ramsey, WHO DESERVES PRAISE GENIUSES! At least I'm not saying he's better than Ronaldo or Messi, though he's definitely the best Welshman out there at the moment.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Interesting article on the lack of goals in the Prem. Let me be the first to say AARON RAMSEY! the best Welshman out there... i wonder who the best Scot is? Northern Irish? But what about Islander of Wright (or is that Isle of Wrigher?) or Arkansian (or is Arkansan? let's just go with American, but not Armenian, because that guy went to Dortmund)

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t.../where-have-all-the-premier-league-goals-gone

anyways... some interesting fodder considering (in my opinion) the PL has brought in better players this year. perhaps its the lack of toothy Uruguyan (Uruguian? Urugite?)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":p65ne7nc said:
Interesting article on the lack of goals in the Prem. Let me be the first to say AARON RAMSEY! the best Welshman out there... i wonder who the best Scot is? Northern Irish? But what about Islander of Wright (or is that Isle of Wrigher?) or Arkansian (or is Arkansan? let's just go with American, but not Armenian, because that guy went to Dortmund)

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t.../where-have-all-the-premier-league-goals-gone

anyways... some interesting fodder considering (in my opinion) the PL has brought in better players this year. perhaps its the lack of toothy Uruguyan (Uruguian? Urugite?)

I find it kind of ironic that you post that and then the next day, two games end up 5 goal thrillers and West Brom wins 3-0.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Liverpool looked flat today, I don't know how else to put it. This was only the 2nd time I've watched a full game involving Liverpool this season(the other was the draw against Swansea), and I gotta say they gotta be happy Suarez is back next week. Credit to a strong performance by Southampton, but Liverpool looked like they had no sharpness in attack. They kept getting forward, they kept getting in the box, but it almost seems like Southampton was not bothered at all and were way to comfortable in defense. I suppose you can also say Liverpool are somewhat fortunate that they were still in the game thanks to a somewhat chaotic triple save by Mignolet in which, had he been a split second slower to react, the Saints would've got a second. Liverpool should've leveled it late when Sterling found himself all most completely alone only to have a horrific touch and watched the ball go out, and they'll be kicking themselves for the next few days over that.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":qaq9hnes said:
Meh, Life goes on. Missed Coutinho today for sure.

Rip me for this all you want, but I thought you guys said missing Coutinho wouldn't be a problem for the Reds, while I said it was a big loss in their midfield(Si even said, probably not directly, I was crazy cause he was struggling so far). Looks like for today at the very least, I was right and you guys were wrong.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What we said was we had to manage this game before Suarez got back. Try reading back a bit. I get you only read every other sentence and barely understand but don't come on here acting smart when its your ignorance that shines me....flipping moron

We knew we would miss him today. What we all said was it wouldn't be unmanageable as Suarez returns

I can't tell if you're just an ass or truly dense.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
As for the game... It is what it is. Representative of not having our number one attacking threat and really an immature wing group (which is critical to a 433.... Especially when playing against one.). Tough loss. Not happy with it.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Watched the Norwich Villa game earlier due to the baby waking me up at that time. What a boring crap game. How do NBC plan to attract new American fans with games like that? The quality of the league outside the top 6/7 is seriously overrated.

cdallan

Reaction score
Sunderland to be relegated, and Di Canio to be sacked by Xmas. Book it.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1jqwztx8 said:
Watched the Norwich Villa game earlier due to the baby waking me up at that time. What a boring crap game. How do NBC plan to attract new American fans with games like that? The quality of the league outside the top 6/7 is seriously overrated.

Yeah, because they had soooooo many options to show at Noon UK time. Besides, NBC is doing so much more than Fox Soccer did with their broadcast rights.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Not to detract from the garbage Liverpool played yesterday, but holy crap United are looking like they need Furgeson back in the worst way.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
That 3rd City goal... would have been a great day to be a Manchester City fan.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
1240085_611785288880390_409884293_n.jpg

I know some of you are gonna rip me for this *cough* Si *cough*. But a month after that embarrassing season opener and Arsenal are there(with all the injuries no less) is kinda awesome.

Also, seems like 3-1 is gonna be a common thing for Arsenal matches this season, it happened twice in the preseason and 4 out of 8 competitive matches already.

cdallan

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3b52c6il said:
cdallan":3b52c6il said:

Well, turns out to be sooner than Xmas

I think they saw exactly what I thought I was seeing. Fair play to them - why wait until the inevitable Xmas sacking when that leaves anyone coming in with an almost impossible job? Having Di Canio in a relegation battle is like chucking in a bucket of blood when you are having a go at training a shark. It's already a difficult job, why add to that with unpredictable behaviour and the constant threats of things getting out of control and violent. Except in this analogy the shark is also fascist.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
cdallan":12cjdjaf said:
Gatehawk":12cjdjaf said:
cdallan":12cjdjaf said:

Well, turns out to be sooner than Xmas

I think they saw exactly what I thought I was seeing. Fair play to them - why wait until the inevitable Xmas sacking when that leaves anyone coming in with an almost impossible job? Having Di Canio in a relegation battle is like chucking in a bucket of blood when you are having a go at training a shark. It's already a difficult job, why add to that with unpredictable behaviour and the constant threats of things getting out of control and violent. Except in this analogy the shark is also fascist.

Was a good call. I was surprised they pulled the trigger do soon. Felt like he should have been given a bit more time but can see the shark analogy.