2 UW players assault investigation -- UPDATE: Suspended

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":3vurq3q2 said:
davidonmi":3vurq3q2 said:
kearly":3vurq3q2 said:
Two big names if true. Interesting that it happened to involve our best remaining player on offense, and our worst. IMO.
you really don't like cyler do you? Worst player on offense?

I think very little of his ability and less of his potential. Miles has Peyton's arm with Seneca's brain. I think in terms of QB talent he ranks between Carl Bonnell and Nick Montana.
as a pure passer I agree with u wholeheartedly, he reeks of a guy who can't make every throw, and will be a dink and dunk QB at best. I do think his running puts him above that category.
He's not gonna be starting anyway after this incident, whether it's lindquist, williams, or KJCS the starting QB will not by miles and I am confident CP will make the right choice

kearly

Reaction score
davidonmi":1xsqpjnj said:
as a pure passer I agree with u wholeheartedly, he reeks of a guy who can't make every throw, and will be a dink and dunk QB at best. I do think his running puts him above that category.
He's not gonna be starting anyway after this incident, whether it's lindquist, williams, or KJCS the starting QB will not by miles and I am confident CP will make the right choice

I agree with most of this. I think QBs have to lead by example and are held to a much higher standard. It would be one thing if Miles had built up equity as a guy who already had a couple seasons of starts under his belts, but he hasn't. Because of this, the only way I see him starting next year is if he is exonerated before training camp. Which could happen. We'll see.

I do think that Miles is a slightly above average runner. He's a bit like Kaepernick in that he won't break defenders ankles but he's kind of "tanky" and can run a bit more aggressively than guys like KP could and is at his best running in a straight line.

I don't think his running ability makes up for his other shortcomings. Every pass he throws in the red zone is a bit of a horror show because coverage tightens up in that area to the point where nearly every pass has a small window. Even if they scheme him to run on half his dropbacks like Tim Tebow, he's still going to have major issues at the end of drives.

Could be a pretty interesting Spring practice. I think it's at least somewhat interesting that Petersen brought in a 4-star QB this year despite the fact that Miles, Lindquist, and Williams all have 3+ years of eligibility left. Might just have been a move for depth, but it does make you wonder if maybe CP isn't as sold on UW's QB group as Sark was.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Dump 'em. Multiple witnesses identified them both. Why would multiple people just lie about that? Doesn't even make sense.

These lunkhead morons obviously do not appreciate the opportunity to study at a world-class school like the UW. Give their seats and scholarships to kids who do.

The UW produces some of the world's best doctors, scientists, and engineers. It is an honor to attend and be given that opportunity. Those who waste that chance should be dumped post haste.