2 UW players assault investigation -- UPDATE: Suspended

HawkWow

Reaction score
Obviously we need to allow due process, but typically, where there's smoke there's fire.

Details on String's role seems a bit less certain but the fact Miles is from Colorado adds plausibility to the victim's story. Kids are going to fight but an attack on someone for wearing a Hawk's jersey (in Seattle) and punching a girl in the face?

This requires immediate dismissal and an ass beating to go with it, IMO (again, IF true).

kearly

Reaction score
Two big names if true. Interesting that it happened to involve our best remaining player on offense, and our worst. IMO.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Like i pretty much alluded to in the shack, the one that would hurt is Stringfellow, dude is a monster at receiver with all the talent you could want. But if this is true, he's an idiot and I really want no part of him on my Dawgs.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
For those of you wondering, Petersen has been willing to inflict punishment on players who break the rules. Last year he kicked Sam Ukwuachu off the team in spite of his Freshman All American status.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...er-to-baylor-defensive-lineman-chris-petersen

Titus young was also suspended at least twice I think during his tenure at BSU. I think Demarcus lawrence was suspended in the bowl game vs UW too.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
yeah if the details and reasoning for the assault are true, it's not only idiotic, but it's a PR nightmare for UW that your 2 offensive stars of the future are playing some variation of the knockout game with fans of the local NFL team they apparently hate. If you're trying to sell football tickets or hit up alumni for money, can these 2 be the face of the product? I hope it's mistaken identity.

drrew

Reaction score
The story as described doesn't make any sense. Without any provocation, someone was attacked....for being a Seahawk fan.....in Seattle.....on the night the Seahawks won the Super Bowl.

I'm assuming there was an altercation of some kind, some talking/jawing back and forth, and somebody got their ass kicked because most people will lose a fight with a 6'4 football player, let alone perhaps two 6'4 football players.

I wouldn't expect they'll be thrown off the team unless there have been previous incidences. A suspension of some kind would seem likely.

davidonmi

Reaction score
kearly":1tc9y6fm said:
Two big names if true. Interesting that it happened to involve our best remaining player on offense, and our worst. IMO.
you really don't like cyler do you? Worst player on offense?

HawkWow

Reaction score
No winners in this ordeal. Very much bummed about Stringfellow, in particular. Like Kearly, I wasn't exactly awed by Miles, but I had a rather small sample size. In any event, I don't want this on our team. I guess I'm maturing because I'd rather lose with winners than win with losers (insert TW comment here). This is bitterness talking now, but I hope jail time is sought / served (if proven guilty).

Crabhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2w3lhhtr said:
No winners in this ordeal. Very much bummed about Stringfellow, in particular. Like Kearly, I wasn't exactly awed by Miles, but I had a rather small sample size. In any event, I don't want this on our team. I guess I'm maturing because I'd rather lose with winners than win with losers (insert TW comment here). This is bitterness talking now, but I hope jail time is sought / served (if proven guilty).
I agree with most of this. I am willing to hold off judgement on them until the team and/or police act.

As an alum and member of the Big W Club, if the allegations are true, I hope they are dismissed from the team and they lose a year of eligibility in the process. It's a horrible representation of the university. There is simply no place for it.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Wow, this is ridiculous. If true, I want them both booted. I don't care how good either is. That's just wrong. And how much will UW fans want to cheer for them knowing they did such a thing? Sadly I can see it being true, too. Miles being from Colorado would makes sense with the Broncos. And Stringfellow being from California could very easily be a Niner fan. Both with a lot of hate for the Seahawks. I usually turn to the "Hey, these are stupid kids" defense with college kids. But this, if true, takes the cake. Not only is it wrong, but it's ridiculously stupid. UW can do better.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1tnhg5xw said:
Wow, this is ridiculous. If true, I want them both booted. I don't care how good either is. That's just wrong. And how much will UW fans want to cheer for them knowing they did such a thing? Sadly I can see it being true, too. Miles being from Colorado would makes sense with the Broncos. And Stringfellow being from California could very easily be a Niner fan. Both with a lot of hate for the Seahawks. I usually turn to the "Hey, these are stupid kids" defense with college kids. But this, if true, takes the case. Not only is it wrong, but it's ridiculously stupid. UW can do better.

I agree, Seatown81. Talented or not...these guys are a taco short of a combo or their elevator isn't reaching the top floor...if you catch my drift. I don't care if they are young... what they did is unacceptable. Even my 7 year old nephew knows better than to beat someone up for being a particular team's fan. To think that these two numbnuts are taking up spots for someone who truly deserves to attend the university and would represent the U in a better way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm saying this as a UW fan, if they did do this, they need to be gone, even if it hurts the team.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think he can apply for a hardship exemption ala Maurice Clarett. If he's found guilty of beating a Hawk fan, Harbaugh will likely bring him in for a try out.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
If Sark were running the show still, these guys would be suspended until August. With Peterson, and the fact that he needs to make an example out of some people, I'd be surprised if these guys are on the team next year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
This is actually quite a good situation for Peterson.

Gives him a chance to really stamp his authority on the team and make a major statement right off the bat.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Throwdown":kw95j1ui said:
If you check out Stringfellow's twitter, he's a 9er fan.

https://twitter.com/Filo_wiz9
wow, that's really a bad sign. We got someone from denver and a 49er fan beating up seahawk fans, plus there's multiple incidents. I know it's all just alleged but the evidence is there.
String was our future at WR, and Cyler was the only QB with experience

kearly

Reaction score
davidonmi":r93kn11k said:
kearly":r93kn11k said:
you really don't like cyler do you? Worst player on offense?

I think very little of his ability and less of his potential. Miles has Peyton's arm with Seneca's brain. I think in terms of QB talent he ranks between Carl Bonnell and Nick Montana.

If he was our QB next year, we'd need to run a Taylor Martinez or Denard Robinson styled offense. And those guys didn't have noodle arms either. I just don't understand how a QB can be so sorely lacking in talent and the two other 4-star QBs on the roster aren't given reps to compete. Does not compute.

As far as worst on the offense, I dunno, our center was pretty bad last year. But when he was hiking the ball to Keith Price our offense was pretty awesome. When he was hiking the ball to Cyler Miles, every first down felt like a reason to celebrate.