#2 Seed information

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RussB":17vlns7n said:
Seahawks have a way higher chance of winning out than the cowboys. Facing weaker teams and cowboys are bound lose lose another game. I think seahawks might win out and cowboys lose 2 or 3.

That's what worries me. I feel like the Hawks lose focus against the bad teams. Remember 2013 when the Bucs almost beat us at home?? :|

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfan515":15kwyxhe said:
RussB":15kwyxhe said:
Seahawks have a way higher chance of winning out than the cowboys. Facing weaker teams and cowboys are bound lose lose another game. I think seahawks might win out and cowboys lose 2 or 3.

That's what worries me. I feel like the Hawks lose focus against the bad teams. Remember 2013 when the Bucs almost beat us at home?? :|
Lose focus? The Seahawks? In November? Not likely. ;)

mikeak

Reaction score
Polaris":13gg4j7g said:
HawkGA":13gg4j7g said:
There are a lot more combinations than that, but yes, I think it would be quite surprising if the Seahawks didn't get a bye in the first round.

Actually there isn't. I will explain.

Right now Seattle has a magic number of 4 to win the division, and five to clinch the #2 seed. Why? If Seattle wins any four, they'd have 11.5 wins, and it's impossible for any other NFCW team to get that many wins. If Seattle wins any five, then Seattle will have 12.5 wins, and only an NFCE team could exceed that, and only one of them can win the division clinching the #2 seed for Seattle.

The magic number of four is vs the Cardinals-Rams (actually the magic number is three vs the Rams).
The magic number of five is vs Atlanta-Minny/Detroit (whoever wins this thanksgiving)

If you start adding in what happens if others loose then there are WAY more combinations. What if everyone else loses 2? What if Atlanta loses 2?

See how that works? So the magic number right now is 5 to guarantee the no 2 spot

Polaris

Reaction score
mikeak":n3hrfcle said:
Polaris":n3hrfcle said:
HawkGA":n3hrfcle said:
There are a lot more combinations than that, but yes, I think it would be quite surprising if the Seahawks didn't get a bye in the first round.

Actually there isn't. I will explain.

Right now Seattle has a magic number of 4 to win the division, and five to clinch the #2 seed. Why? If Seattle wins any four, they'd have 11.5 wins, and it's impossible for any other NFCW team to get that many wins. If Seattle wins any five, then Seattle will have 12.5 wins, and only an NFCE team could exceed that, and only one of them can win the division clinching the #2 seed for Seattle.

The magic number of four is vs the Cardinals-Rams (actually the magic number is three vs the Rams).
The magic number of five is vs Atlanta-Minny/Detroit (whoever wins this thanksgiving)

If you start adding in what happens if others loose then there are WAY more combinations. What if everyone else loses 2? What if Atlanta loses 2?

See how that works? So the magic number right now is 5 to guarantee the no 2 spot

I said this. That is what a "magic number" means and a specified it was a magic number vs Atlanta and Detroit/Minny [whoever wins on Turkey day]

sutz

Reaction score
Not gonna get into the hair splitting on scenarios. All the team can do is keep winning games and let things fall where they may. Since we don't play Dallas this year, nothing we can do about them. They're having a phenominal year, schedule-wise. We have the potential for a pretty impressive year, too. I don't mind being the #2 seed much. Hell, somebody might go down to Texas and bump them out anyway, then we'd get a second home game.

Meahwhile, whup some Buc Butt and keep moving forward. :2thumbs:

Sealake80

Reaction score
I crown the Seahawks. We are the team to beat regardless of record. If we can get ET and Bennet back without other significant injuries it wont matter who we play or where. We will be collecting another Superb Owl. Cowboys look good and then they meet us... but I bet they r knocked out b4 that even happens.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cowboys play Giants and Eagles on the road, divisional games I would not say either are gimmes, The Redskin game isn't either, Lions playing for playoff berth as well. Cowboys don't have frosting on that cake walk yet.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I'd rather play at Dallas in the NFC Championship.. With that offense, our defense is going to need as much communication as possible. That is not possible at Cent Link. Plus we all know Wilson can light it up anywhere.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Interesting fact: the #2 seed is the only one the Hawks have never had.

1st: 2005, 2013, 2014
2nd: Never
3rd: 1988, 1999, 2007
4th: 1983, 1984, 2004, 2006, 2010
5th: 1987, 2003, 2012
6th: 2015

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Steve2222":1uzyuo38 said:
I'd rather play at Dallas in the NFC Championship.. With that offense, our defense is going to need as much communication as possible. That is not possible at Cent Link. Plus we all know Wilson can light it up anywhere.

This is a Very interesting take. Well said.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Steve2222":3lnixoyx said:

As a Season Ticket Holder, I object to this thought process!!

I understand what you are saying but I will never agree with it.

Until you sit in the stands and witness the NFC Title Trophy being handed over to our hometown Hawks, you just can't get it.

Not to mention the party in Downtown Seattle for the next 6-8 hours, it's something you just can't understand until you live through it.

As far as the "D", they'll be fine, their used to it, not to mention they feed off of it.

GO HAWKS!!!

Reaction score
Maulbert":2imh2cyu said:
Interesting fact: the #2 seed is the only one the Hawks have never had.

1st: 2005, 2013, 2014
2nd: Never
3rd: 1988, 1999, 2007
4th: 1983, 1984, 2004, 2006, 2010
5th: 1987, 2003, 2012
6th: 2015

I have to jump in here......
* * LOVE * * starring at this stat / post........

1976 - 2000 = 25 years........ 5 post-season appearances
2001 - 2015 = 15 years........10 post season appearances

We are truly living in our "Glory Days" people !! ~ENJOY~ :irishdrinkers:

renofox

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":29iy2vuv said:

Even better:

1976 - 2004 = 29 years........ 3 post-season wins
2005 - 2015 = 11 years........12 post season wins

Maulbert

Reaction score
renofox":36cmvge0 said:
glowingeyedseahawk":36cmvge0 said:

Even better:

1976 - 2004 = 29 years........ 3 post-season wins
2005 - 2015 = 11 years........12 post season wins

We also haven't had a 1-and-done postseason appearance since 2004.

1976-2004 Postseason record: 3-7
2005-2015 Postseason record: 12-7

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Don't bet the farm just yet, but I'm picking a red hot Kirk Cousins to win at Dallas today. That ought to give us something to be thankful for!

Steve2222

Reaction score
12HawkFan":15jegxh7 said:
Steve2222":15jegxh7 said:

As a Season Ticket Holder, I object to this thought process!!

I understand what you are saying but I will never agree with it.

Until you sit in the stands and witness the NFC Title Trophy being handed over to our hometown Hawks, you just can't get it.

Not to mention the party in Downtown Seattle for the next 6-8 hours, it's something you just can't understand until you live through it.

As far as the "D", they'll be fine, their used to it, not to mention they feed off of it.

GO HAWKS!!!

My fathers a season ticket holder as well. I was at the 2005 NFCCG.........

And don't get me wrong, I want the #1 seed. However, getting the #1 seed isn't end of the world. And statistically our defense has played better on the road this year than they have at home.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
I'm hopeful of a Washington upset today but not at the stage where I trust Kirk Cousins with the game on the line. He isn't going to get many opportunities in the 2nd half you'd think, which can only add the pressure when he does get a chance.

Also interested to see if people are routing for the Falcons or the Cardinals on Sunday? Falcons are arguably our main threat for the 1st round bye, but the Cards obviously are 2nd in the division (albeit 3 games waaaaaay back for now). I'm hoping the Cards pick this one up as really don't have any concern we are going to be caught at this moment in time, and the Falcons' remaining schedule is far from scary (I have them winning 5 of last 6)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Maulbert":usmt2m4z said:
FlyingGreg":usmt2m4z said:
Year of The Hawk":usmt2m4z said:
Redskins gave them a good fight as well. They are not invincible.

Redskins gave them a good fight... and LOST.

Until I see them lose, or even stumble, I like their chances.

They are a machine right now.

Well, let's throw in the towel and just engrave the trophy for them already. :roll:

Or, let's just dismiss them because people think they are the same old Cowboys.

They are not.

I wanted to write them off, but after watching them it's hard not to appreciate what they do. They own the clock and don't make mistakes.

The context of this thread is playoff seeding. I never said they would beat us head to head, just that they will secure the #1 spot.

We beat them when it counts.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2zxsu8o1 said:
Don't bet the farm just yet, but I'm picking a red hot Kirk Cousins to win at Dallas today. That ought to give us something to be thankful for!
Yes, a Skins win would be great to see happen today.

Who should Hawks fans root for in the Vikings Lions matchup?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Out of the cowboys first 10 games, only 2 have winning records. In the last 6 they play 4 teams with winning records and the other 2 are 5-5. We will see how good they really are, and I see them dropping at least 2 of these.

Latest posts