#2 Seed information

stang233

Reaction score
Hawks need to win 4 out of the next 6 with Falcons, Vikings, and Lions each have to lose one game.

Seems pretty achievable.

HawkGA

Reaction score
There are a lot more combinations than that, but yes, I think it would be quite surprising if the Seahawks didn't get a bye in the first round.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
To heck with number 2 seed, we are getting the 1 seed. Of our next 6 opponents, 5 hasve losing records and 1 is at 5-5. Of the cowboys next 6 opponents, 4 have winning records and 2 are at 5-5. We got this.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
johnnyfever":ktd6mh0f said:
To heck with number 2 seed, we are getting the 1 seed. Of our next 6 opponents, 5 hasve losing records and 1 is at 5-5. Of the cowboys next 6 opponents, 4 have winning records and 2 are at 5-5. We got this.

You might be short selling the Cowboys. I don't see them losing another game in the regular season.

Who is going to beat them?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":oh64v7mt said:
johnnyfever":oh64v7mt said:

You might be short selling the Cowboys. I don't see them losing another game in the regular season.

Giants(already did), VIkings.

Then we win out and voila, #1 seed.

Polaris

Reaction score
HawkGA":326naqmp said:
There are a lot more combinations than that, but yes, I think it would be quite surprising if the Seahawks didn't get a bye in the first round.

Actually there isn't. I will explain.

Right now Seattle has a magic number of 4 to win the division, and five to clinch the #2 seed. Why? If Seattle wins any four, they'd have 11.5 wins, and it's impossible for any other NFCW team to get that many wins. If Seattle wins any five, then Seattle will have 12.5 wins, and only an NFCE team could exceed that, and only one of them can win the division clinching the #2 seed for Seattle.

The magic number of four is vs the Cardinals-Rams (actually the magic number is three vs the Rams).
The magic number of five is vs Atlanta-Minny/Detroit (whoever wins this thanksgiving)

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3g996pyr said:
Redskins gave them a good fight as well. They are not invincible.

Redskins gave them a good fight... and LOST.

Until I see them lose, or even stumble, I like their chances.

They are a machine right now.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":122v4jl6 said:

You are right about them being a very tough win. But I don't see them winning out. 1 injury, 1 rookie mistake, 1 bad coaching decision. All you need is one and they could start down the wrong path. As it stands though, very tough team.
But the Hawks have been up against that type of team before and look what happened. May I remind you of a number, 102-1. The new version of that number is now 102-2.

Mizak

Reaction score
Y'all underestimating the Giants eh? They scare me more than the Cowboys. And they have 3 WR for Eli Manning to throw the ball to. Drama Queen Beckam, Salsa Cruz, and Sterling Sharpe? I think that's his name.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":46ozvdl0 said:
Year of The Hawk":46ozvdl0 said:

Results wise, yes.

When I see them do it consistently against good teams, I will join you in awe. Their schedule has been so soft.

I could easily see them losing a game or two against their divisional opponents.

RussB

Reaction score
Seahawks have a way higher chance of winning out than the cowboys. Facing weaker teams and cowboys are bound lose lose another game. I think seahawks might win out and cowboys lose 2 or 3.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's shaping up nicely at this point.

I thought before the season started, 12 wins would probably net at least the 2 seed. I'm still there.

The Cowboys have had one of the weakest schedules in the league, but they've done what they're supposed to against weak teams. Their defense is playing way above it's talent level because the offense is keeping them fresh.

The Seahawks have 3 home and 3 away games left, the funny thing is that the 3 away games look easier: the Bucs, Packers and Niners are either really bad teams or deeply flawed. The Packers game I had written off as a loss at the beginning of the year and now it's looking very winnable.

The 3 home games are going to be tougher: Carolina historically plays us very close (and they have a good DL), and the same goes for the Cards and Rams. I think we win both Cards and Rams games...I wouldn't be surprised by a loss to the Panthers if they come out and uncork an A game on us.

At this point, I think we'd have to win out to win the 1 seed. Dallas is looking too solid in all phases and they'll beat most of the remaining teams on their schedule. In other words, I don't see 2 other likely losses for them.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":39k1p0m1 said:
It's shaping up nicely at this point.

I thought before the season started, 12 wins would probably net at least the 2 seed. I'm still there.

The Cowboys have had one of the weakest schedules in the league, but they've done what they're supposed to against weak teams. Their defense is playing way above it's talent level because the offense is keeping them fresh.

The Seahawks have 3 home and 3 away games left, the funny thing is that the 3 away games look easier: the Bucs, Packers and Niners are either really bad teams or deeply flawed. The Packers game I had written off as a loss at the beginning of the year and now it's looking very winnable.

The 3 home games are going to be tougher: Carolina historically plays us very close (and they have a good DL), and the same goes for the Cards and Rams. I think we win both Cards and Rams games...I wouldn't be surprised by a loss to the Panthers if they come out and uncork an A game on us.

At this point, I think we'd have to win out to win the 1 seed. Dallas is looking too solid in all phases and they'll beat most of the remaining teams on their schedule. In other words, I don't see 2 other likely losses for them.
We aint losing to the Panthers,that game is circled in red in the locker room..The Panthers are hurting all over also and they are not last years version.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":24jbuvct said:
I agree with you in every way..Screw the #2 seed

hawker84

Reaction score
I'll reserve judgment on the Cowboys being a juggernaut, (but I will give them their due credit for taking care of business), until I see them actually play a top tier defense with a damn good front 7 and a halfway decent offense... I have to agree with a couple posters on this.

I think it's going to take us knocking them out in the NFCCG, and I think that get's played in JJ's place.

Giants look decent but nowhere close to the Seahawks talent wise, Redskins have zero defense, same with Philly, GB and AZ are both a dumpster fire on both sides of the ball. Carolina I think it's too late for them, plus their defense is crap this year, so, that pretty much leaves us.

But after what we did in NE, I'm not scared to go into any ones house in the playoffs.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Polaris":2sgmw734 said:
HawkGA":2sgmw734 said:

Actually there isn't. I will explain.

Right now Seattle has a magic number of 4 to win the division, and five to clinch the #2 seed. Why? If Seattle wins any four, they'd have 11.5 wins, and it's impossible for any other NFCW team to get that many wins. If Seattle wins any five, then Seattle will have 12.5 wins, and only an NFCE team could exceed that, and only one of them can win the division clinching the #2 seed for Seattle.

The magic number of four is vs the Cardinals-Rams (actually the magic number is three vs the Rams).
The magic number of five is vs Atlanta-Minny/Detroit (whoever wins this thanksgiving)

But there are still lots of way to get to 4 (or 5). The necessary teams losing 4 (or 5) games would do it. Or a 3-2 combination, or whatever. That was my point.

Maulbert

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3rxwm4en said:
Year of The Hawk":3rxwm4en said:

Well, let's throw in the towel and just engrave the trophy for them already. :roll:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Mizak":3b2nm9nx said:
Y'all underestimating the Giants eh? They scare me more than the Cowboys. And they have 3 WR for Eli Manning to throw the ball to. Drama Queen Beckam, Salsa Cruz, and Sterling Sharpe? I think that's his name.

Have you forgotten who has the #1 Pass Rusher rating?