2 chances 2 failures

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
We are now 0 for 2 in chances to clinch the division. Today was a game where if the Offense could have just flipped the field position we win. There were plays to be made the Hawks just didn't execute. I thought they should've ran a couple more of the Quick sweeps they ran in the first half when the WR cracked down. Game of inches was the proper way to describe what happened today. From Lynch getting stoped just short of the goal line after the Smith int, Angry Doug's toe dragging almost catch, to the Cards bobbling game winning touchdown. We killed them in the turnover battle, but the bad part of it was the Hawks weren't able to capitalize on that advantage. This could have been a blowout victory for the Cards but the D came to play (Two int's in the endzone).

The Niners game and this game had a similar feeling in which we could've of just as easily have won the game.

Next week The Ram's will be playing to ruin our chance at home field. They will be bringing it Just Like the Cards and Niners. What a great defensive divison the NFC West has this season. Expect to see the same next week blitz after blitz. Until we can burn them we will see this from all our division opponates. The Cards kind of remind me of the run we were on at the end of last season. The Rams are playing pretty good and have been playing us tough the last few times we have faced them.

Expect a battle out there next week. For as good as the D has played all season with 2 chances to clinch (one game tied and today with the lead) the bottom line the D failed. This Team prides itself on D and it was the D that failed to hold onto the lead today and instead of pointing fingers at the Offense they would be the first to say it.

stack55

Reaction score
Yea, the D should of skunked them, not.
Other than the D missing a few plays and a few
Penalties at some bad time, they had a great game.

IMO The reason we lost this game was the O-line and
The play calling. There D-line was handing O-line their
Asses to them, hence keeping our running game from going.
Our receivers were going to deep and RW was already
Under pressure when they came open.

You can blame this loss on PC and the OC

OP
OP
S

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
stack55":3lwzef67 said:

IMO The reason we lost this game was the O-line and
The play calling. There D-line was handing O-line their
Asses to them, hence keeping our running game from going.
Our receivers were going to deep and RW was already
Under pressure when they came open.

You can blame this loss on PC and the OC

The D played well enough to win, didn't say they didn't. They were on the field all day. They still didn't finish. The difference between the victory agaisnt the Rams earlier this season (when the O played like crap) and today is against the Rams they finished, today they were not able to get the clutch stop they needed. Also that was great coverage by Maxwell he got his hand on the ball twice.

OP
OP
S

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
The Offense was bad, but they gave the team a lead in the 4th against the Cards D that was playing just as good as the Hawks if not better besides the turnovers advantage we had (4 to 2 not counting special teams fumble)while the D's were on the field. In my opinion the Cards D was the better D today. Although it was tough call on the last int Wilson threw they finished.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Cards D stayed much less time in the field than Seahawks D. If not for the 3 and outs, our D would have held up their side if the game. When the offense faltered, it takes a toll on the defense.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I really hope that the locker room doesn't split over this.
Defense vs offense.

OP
OP
S

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
seahawks08":atq1cycn said:
Cards D stayed much less time in the field than Seahawks D. If not for the 3 and outs, our D would have held up their side if the game. When the offense faltered, it takes a toll on the defense.

No question about it, the Hawks D was on the field more. I just hope the trend doesn't continue of not finishing. That is why we lost against Detriot and Miami last year. I totally agree that the Offense sucked today and it is usually the D that bails them out on days like that. I would take our D over the Cards D any day of the week. Yesterday they were able to make a few more stops then we were able to. Both teams were able to make defensive stands deep in thier own territories. Their Offense out played ours in spite of throwing 4 ints.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
In both the SF game and the Arizona game, the Defense was unable to hold a lead in the 4th quarter. In the SF game the defense totally blew it. In the Arizona game, the defense put forth a herculean effort that was wasted by the offense. Yea, they ultimately gave up the game winning touchdown...but the fact that the defense kept it that close for so long in spite of the seahawk offense was a Christmas miracle. The losses feel different to me.

OP
OP
S

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
hawks4thewin":2ig1gzbh said:
I really hope that the locker room doesn't split over this.
Defense vs offense.

I would hope that the D would have the same point of view as me, that they blew a 4th quater lead, and not blame the offense for their shortcomings. Leave that to the fans there are plenty of us fans that will blame them.

I grew up playing on teams that always blamed everyone but themselves. "If he wouldn't of fumbled" or "If he would of made the freethrow." No mention of the fumble they had or the freethrow they missed. You are correct that would be the worst thing that could happen. I believe most of the D will accept responsibilty and say they have to play better. Hell I was there pointing fingers with the rest of my teamates instead of looking at what I could have done better in the game.

seanoob

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1lnh983o said:
In both the SF game and the Arizona game, the Defense was unable to hold a lead in the 4th quarter. In the SF game the defense totally blew it. In the Arizona game, the defense put forth a herculean effort that was wasted by the offense. Yea, they ultimately gave up the game winning touchdown...but the fact that the defense kept it that close for so long in spite of the seahawk offense was a Christmas miracle. The losses feel different to me.

This post hits the mark. The D played lights out. 4 interceptions and possibly a 5th turnover by bennett that ended up a failed challenge.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
stack55":288vzq8q said:

True, but this is now two times in three weeks that our D gave up a long game winning drive. Sorry, but Arizona does NOT have a good offense, especially with a gimpy Palmer and Fitzgerald. There's no excuse for letting Palmer march 70 yards to score a TD.

BTW, the D might have intercepted Palmer a bunch of times, but they gave up WAY too many yards in the run game, especially on first down. How many 2nd/3rd and shorts did Arizona have? Sure they only scored 17 pts, but loss of time of possession means less opportunities for our offense to get rolling.

OP
OP
S

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
seanoob":2sgm970g said:
Missing_Clink":2sgm970g said:

This post hits the mark. The D played lights out. 4 interceptions and possibly a 5th turnover by bennett that ended up a failed challenge.

I agree they played lights out. They just didn't finish in both games

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our D was probably spent by the end of the game.

How many scores did they prevent?

That loss was 100%, absolutely and completely, on the offense.

The defense did everything you could reasonably ask and then some.

We scored 10 points. Against the Cardinals. At home.

That is pathetic and inexcusable.

OP
OP
S

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2d45f0a9 said:
Our D was probably spent by the end of the game.

How many scores did they prevent?

That loss was 100%, absolutely and completely, on the offense.

The defense did everything you could reasonably ask and then some.

We scored 10 points. Against the Cardinals. At home.

That is pathetic and inexcusable.

On the Smith int it was the D that couldv'e scored the TD, for as good as a block Lane gave to Bennett in the Saints game Bennett was unable to return the favor for Smith. I believe if we would have scored there it would have turned their team against each other as they were already arguing on the sidelines. 17 points at home agaisnt the Cards O is just as inexcusable. If the O was able to do more then it would've made the D's job easier.

hawker84

Reaction score
seahawkswin1":363mjxg1 said:
seanoob":363mjxg1 said:
Missing_Clink":363mjxg1 said:

I agree they played lights out. They just didn't finish in both games

Yep that tends to happen when your D is on the field 90% of the game... can only stop teams so many times after multiple 3 and outs ALL GAME..

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22rhboax said:
stack55":22rhboax said:

True, but this is now two times in three weeks that our D gave up a long game winning drive. Sorry, but Arizona does NOT have a good offense, especially with a gimpy Palmer and Fitzgerald. There's no excuse for letting Palmer march 70 yards to score a TD.

BTW, the D might have intercepted Palmer a bunch of times, but they gave up WAY too many yards in the run game, especially on first down. How many 2nd/3rd and shorts did Arizona have? Sure they only scored 17 pts, but loss of time of possession means less opportunities for our offense to get rolling.

And picking off Palmer 4 times didn't give the offense enough chance to get rolling?

Blaming the defense for the offense yesterday, even a little bit, is out of control. So is saying the D didn't have a great game.

OP
OP
S

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
The Seahawks averaged 5.2 yard per carry. It may not have looked like it but our running game was fine, 20 carries for 103 yards. It was 3rd down conversions that killed the O (2 for 13). It is hard to fault the D but for as bad as the O played it handed a 4th quater lead.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawk45":38xld8s7 said:
Sgt. Largent":38xld8s7 said:
stack55":38xld8s7 said:

And picking off Palmer 4 times didn't give the offense enough chance to get rolling?

Blaming the defense for the offense yesterday, even a little bit, is out of control. So is saying the D didn't have a great game.

I'm not blaming the defense, but they aren't totally absolved either. Sorry, but when you have the #1 defense in the league, I expect them to hold leads late in the game, especially against a very average offense at home.

tntmacsqrd

Reaction score
Pa-Lease, this is 1st and foremost a BUSINESS, stop with the over analyzing and gnashing of teeth, I know it might be hard to fathom a professional (professed Christian) athlete wanting to throw a game but lets be truly honest and see the NFL for what it is not what we want it to be...try to enjoy this year and lets wait and see how this all ends up in the 2014....