#12 Jersey Advice

Blitzfan

Reaction score
For quite a while now my wife has been saying she wanted to buy me a Seahawks jersey. I have have had jerseys in the past, but it seemed like as soon as I got a players jersey, it wasn't long before they left the team for some reason or another. Being semi-superstitious guy, I have not wanted a jersey of a current player. I didn't want to be reason for an injury or player being cut. She is determined though and decided I should get a personalized #12. Who knows, maybe I will responsible for giving the entire 12th man nation laryngitis.

Now the advice.... On this forum, as you know, I go by Blitzfan. But in most other internet places I go by Burlyhawk. She says since I've been a fan since day one I ought to have "Est. 1976" put back there. That one kinda made me chuckle a bit. My last name is out of the question, it would probably cause problems or at least laughter. When you guys see customized jerseys, is there a threshold that shouldn't be crossed?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Blitzfan":2fgiqe3d said:
For quite a while now my wife has been saying she wanted to buy me a Seahawks jersey. I have have had jerseys in the past, but it seemed like as soon as I got a players jersey, it wasn't long before they left the team for some reason or another. Being semi-superstitious guy, I have not wanted a jersey of a current player. I didn't want to be reason for an injury or player being cut. She is determined though and decided I should get a personalized #12. Who knows, maybe I will responsible for giving the entire 12th man nation laryngitis.

Now the advice.... On this forum, as you know, I go by Blitzfan. But in most other internet places I go by Burlyhawk. She says since I've been a fan since day one I ought to have "Est. 1976" put back there. That one kinda made me chuckle a bit. My last name is out of the question, it would probably cause problems or at least laughter. When you guys see customized jerseys, is there a threshold that shouldn't be crossed?

As long as you are comfortable explaining it, I say go for it. Anything is fair game over the number 12. I would say the only threshold I'd look out for would be putting different names above jersey numbers of greats like Largent, Kennedy etc. Anything you don't mind having on your back over the number 12 seems fine though IMO

A

Anonymous

Now that you mention it, I don't understand why people get them with the "FAN" on the nameplate. I know, I know, it's the same as the banner hanging from the ceiling, but why not personalize it?

"Blitzfan" is cool.

On getting a player jersey; to me it's about celebrating that player's contributions while here, and if they leave, you are remembering them.

pmedic920

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":280nnwlm said:
Now that you mention it, I don't understand why people get them with the "FAN" on the nameplate. I know, I know, it's the same as the banner hanging from the ceiling, but why not personalize it?

"Blitzfan" is cool.

On getting a player jersey; to me it's about celebrating that player's contributions while here, and if they leave, you are remembering them.

I got the "fan" for two reasons. # 1 if you personalize an elite it shows up looking a bit "off". 2nd. As the op stated I didn't want a jersey with a players name that might not be here next year. They end up being cool several years down the road, but not the next few. IMO

OP
OP
Blitzfan

Blitzfan

Reaction score
Lol, ok you got me there. The last name is no where nearly as bad as Keapernick or Hargaugh would be. Although if you think about it a #12 jersey with Keapernick on it would be quite funny.

Speaking of Keapernick, to those local peeps, have you heard the new Kiel Mortgage radio commercial with Sherm? I can't find it on the net yet, but damn it's funny.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I have a personalized onfield Reebok #12 with my last name, and loved it. Since the new jerseys have come out though, I don't think I will be wearing it anytime soon. I have since gotten an elite Wilson jersey which I plan to wear out, cause I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. Get what you want, wear what you want. The #12 is there for us, so wear it proudly however you decide to do it.

A

Anonymous

There is nothing wrong with wearing a jersey with an ex-player on it (except for maybe Curry...). A person's "coolness" or fan-card status is not measured by how accurately or appropriately you chose a given player's jersey. If anything, the $250 you spent on it while holding that $9.00 beer means more about your dedication than anything else.

As long is it is a Seattle Seahawks jersey, you are appropriately dressed.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
All authentic #12's that I own:

Reebok Green 'NFLONLSD'
Reebok White 'ROADHAWK'

New Nike Blue 'LOUD LOVE'
New Nike White 'ROADHAWK'

Authentic #0:

Reebok Blue 'BLITZ' (yep: I bought the mascot's jersey

I say personalize and be proud

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Saw a guy at the game on Sunday who had a jersey with the nameplate

'OCHO DRUNKO'

# was .18

point 18

Howie_16

Reaction score
I think that the team store should include a customized name bar with every #12 jersey sold. I own a blue Reebok authentic #12 with my own last name. Eventually I'll get a Nike one, but will probably wait for my next Seahawks trip.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Blitzfan":fvxsbpao said:
Lol, ok you got me there. The last name is no where nearly as bad as Keapernick or Hargaugh would be. Although if you think about it a #12 jersey with Keapernick on it would be quite funny.

Speaking of Keapernick, to those local peeps, have you heard the new Kiel Mortgage radio commercial with Sherm? I can't find it on the net yet, but damn it's funny.

I have heard the ad; it's pretty funny. "I can't spell that, it's a bad word!" Ha!

I too plan to personalize a 12. Like you, I won't be using my .NET name as HATC doesn't make sense and Hawk Around The Clock won't fit, obviously. I'd like to go with one of my long-running fantasy team names. But I am a bit concerned that the customized elites might look "off". Maybe a customized game jersey would be better. I've seen some of those that also look "off" but they're less than half as much. Hmmmm........

ParisPC07

Reaction score
I like 'fan' because I wear it to associate myself with a group. My identity is irrelevant when functioning as part of a collective. Personalization is sweet though.

I'm thinking of gettin a #31 with either BAM BAM or TD CANCELER on the back.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I always thought it would be cool to get some of the new style j erseys, but numbered/personalized from old players.

it would be pretty sweet to have a #45 EASLEY jersey in the new colors/style.

A

Anonymous

Hawknballs":39i4f7p9 said:
I always thought it would be cool to get some of the new style j erseys, but numbered/personalized from old players.

it would be pretty sweet to have a #45 EASLEY jersey in the new colors/style.

Now that is a good idea.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3mo6wexi said:

"Blitzfan" is cool.

I've got a 12 with FAN on the nameplate because that's what was available and I got a discount on it. I'd prefer a customized one, but I'm a cheap bastard. :mrgreen:

Plus, my hair covers up the "FAN" part... had a Bronco fan ask me the other day whose jersey I'd been wearing since he couldn't see the name.