Are you all ready to laugh? (Penalty-related)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/503524289644343296[/tweet]

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Suck it, rest of the NFL. It's not just a coincidence, either. Our guys are the best-coached secondary in the NFL and if you cared to actually read the 2013 NFL rule book, you'd see the vast majority of the "murder" we get away with was within the rules. These rule changes/clarifications will, in all likelihood, help us more than most but that remains to be seen until this regular season has concluded, of course.

I can't stop smirking over this one. Credit to my Philly Eagles friend who linked me this, saying "Y'all a bunch of hustlers, I swear to Christ. Screwing up 31 other teams."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:snack:

rastahawk

Reaction score
You mean to tell me will still have the best secondary even though they changed the rules in spite of us? I think they call that talent if I am not mistaken.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They have been called for a BS Illegal Contact foul that negated a 106 yard return and made me react like Jim Harbaugh though.

I'm still pissed about it :lol:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Watching SD vs SF I saw a lot of contact not getting called. Going to be interesting to see how many games are decided by one of these calls/no-calls. Regardless of the rules, it would be nice if there were some consistency.

The OPI on Marshall and Illegal contact on Simon resulted point swings that can really change the outcome of a game. Just hope it's not going to look like that in the regular season.

sutz

Reaction score
rastahawk":2q86qq65 said:
You mean to tell me will still have the best secondary even though they changed the rules in spite of us? I think they call that talent if I am not mistaken.
Great talent + great coaching = excellence.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Laloosh":1piked7t said:
Watching SD vs SF I saw a lot of contact not getting called. Going to be interesting to see how many games are decided by one of these calls/no-calls. Regardless of the rules, it would be nice if there were some consistency.

The OPI on Marshall and Illegal contact on Simon resulted point swings that can really change the outcome of a game. Just hope it's not going to look like that in the regular season.

This. Watching the playoff game between SF and CAR last year, it was blatantly ridiculous (or ridiculously blatant) what the Niners' DB's got away with. This is how you ruin a game by putting in a bunch of ambiguous rule changes that rely on people to make subjective judgement calls on something happening extremely fast without the benefit of any technology helping them out.

I'm glad it turned out the Hawks weren't under a microscope on this. It sure felt like the rule change was targeting us (so the conspiracy theorist in me says), and it's ironic that it will really end up helping our offense.

We have the best db's in the game, whether butt hurt fans from other teams want to admit it or not. They are not only physically gifted but also students of the game, and we have some of the best coaches helping them out. It stands to reason that we'll be affected less than most other teams with average or borderline talent in their back end.

Shock2k

Reaction score
One thing I really LIKE about the new calls. Is there are a lot more "5 yards and a first down", then "spot of the foul". I hate those long bombs that don't end up in a touchdown and they get the yards anyways. I would much rather see a 5 yard penalty then a penalty that ends with 50 penalty yards.

The starting secondary has not been called for any secondary fouls this pre-season (that were not overturned)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Laloosh":qrs16v5p said:
I saw the same. Bumps & grabs that would've been called 7 out of 10 times LAST year weren't called. Confusing.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Shock2k":26jvlh98 said:
One thing I really LIKE about the new calls. Is there are a lot more "5 yards and a first down", then "spot of the foul". I hate those long bombs that don't end up in a touchdown and they get the yards anyways. I would much rather see a 5 yard penalty then a penalty that ends with 50 penalty yards.

The starting secondary has not been called for any secondary fouls this pre-season (that were not overturned)

The problem with the 5 yard and auto first down, if im an OC and its coming down to it I have 3rd and anything longer then like 5, Im telling my slot receiver to run down grab the nickel corner and fall down. 5 yards and a FIRST DOWN

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I agree I just don't get which direction they are taking this. They say they won't back off but it sure did look like they have in both the Arizona and San Francisco games.

lsheldon

Reaction score
The first two weeks of pre-season were comical with the number of penalties being called. Week 3 there seemed to be far fewer penalties. Not sure what happened, either teams adjusted, or more likely the refs backed off and are letting more contact happen because of the bad calls and bad press. I'm going with the latter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Browner really is the player responsible for the LOB's reputation, then of course the media ran with it.

The truth is if any defensive backfield in the league won't have issues with the new rules, it's the LOB. Talent and superior technique wins out over any rules changes. It's the mediocre DB's that are going to have the hardest time with this.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lsheldon":17xnlznh said:
The first two weeks of pre-season were comical with the number of penalties being called. Week 3 there seemed to be far fewer penalties. Not sure what happened, either teams adjusted, or more likely the refs backed off and are letting more contact happen because of the bad calls and bad press. I'm going with the latter.

Agreed. Saw this league wide. Refs scaled way back.

Not a fluke.. I think the league heard everyone complaining about how ridiculous this point of emphasis thing was.

sutz

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2zmg0ksj said:
lsheldon":2zmg0ksj said:

Agreed. Saw this league wide. Refs scaled way back.

Not a fluke.. I think the league heard everyone complaining about how ridiculous this point of emphasis thing was.
Especially since it was not hitting the team that was supposedly the target of all this, mainly the Seahawks. :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2c9w7e3f said:
They have been called for a BS Illegal Contact foul that negated a 106 yard return and made me react like Jim Harbaugh though.

I'm still pissed about it :lol:

Did ya do the Wonder Woman spin in your chair????? LMAO

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2a9jmwgb said:
Hey Jerry Jones, ....... :lol:
LOL, First dweeb that came to my mind too.
Another finger-in-butt by JJ. :lol: