Lynch DUI case resolved - Knocked down to Reckless Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Wet reckless will still get the attention of the league. He'll get fined or maybe still suspended a game.

Brahn

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":120bs2ej said:
Blew a 0.08 on the field sobriety test and had his charge knocked down from a DUI to reckless driving. Doubt this even makes it to Goodell's desk now.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10490 ... ss-driving

Lynch also will receive a two-year probation as part of the plea bargain, along with a monetary fine that will be determined by the judge.

I agree, he will be busy with Ray "The Little Man with a Solid Hand" Rice anyways.

dunceface

Reaction score
This is GOOD NEWS despite what any Negative Nancies have to say...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Well, not as bad as it could have been. Hopefully he learned his lesson and is more careful when he's drinking now to get a ride and not drive.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
yup...he more than makes enough money to arrange for car service or to take a taxi....

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hard to say what Roger will do. Goodell sorta' looked the fool after forcing his heavy hand on Marshawn regarding the SB interviews. That all backfired as I am sure an overwhelming majority of NFL fans agreed Lynch should not have been forced to go live and in color.

Roger's commentary, and body language after, showed a humiliated, yet unapologetic Goodell: "well, people want to hear what the players have to say, if we didn't force Marshawn to do the interviews, everyone would try to get out of doing them".

Rog didn't seem thrilled with the results and it sure wouldn't surprise me if he sat there saying to himself...OK, Marshawn, you wanna' make a goat of me? see you after court.

I won't be stunned if the God-like Goodell hits ML with a 1 game over this BS. I say BS, because .08 is BS. I was popped for the exact same thing (but speeding) and also blew an .08. I had like 4 beers during a 3 hr golf event and was on my way to train when pulled over. I didn't even feel tipsy and only stopped laughing at the cops when they reported I'd failed the test. Be careful if you drink and drive people. Or better yet, don't (I no longer do).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Reckless driving sounds about right. Saves them all the trouble of a trial and it's not any real big deal for the long haul. I doubt Anything comes of it from the League. Not often do guys get in too much trouble for basic driving offenses, and once the plea was struck, it is no longer an alcohol based offense. Personally I think he would have gotten off the DUI charge if it went to court, but I have no idea if they had other charges also pending. It's not uncommon for there to be speeding, reckless driving etc. tacked onto a DUI charge. This is really probably the outcome that would have come from trial, so it's over and everyone can get back to what they do.

seadoc30

Reaction score
dunceface":2n0jb91v said:

I bet you wouldn't be saying this if he had ran into your car or your wifes/children's car and killed on of them. That's what some people have to live with having someone killed by a drunk driver!

I don't care if it's Lynch or anyone else. DUI kills hundreds if not thousands every year and these scumbags get away with it so easily. This is the only dark spot in our justice system.. we need to treat these people who drive drunk to be put in the same categories as murders and terrorists and make sure they never see the day light outside the jail walls!

OP
OP
Beer Hawk

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":6faqc6ew said:
Hard to say what Roger will do.

With legal issues he's always said publicly that they let the process play out in the courts and make a decision after. I would think (hope) that since the courts decided he was only guilty of a traffic infraction instead of anything criminal they wouldn't have the grounds for a fine or a suspension.

Only time I can think of the league acting where the courts did not was the SECOND Roethlisberger rape charge when they determined there wasn't enough evidence to make a legal case... but something f'ed up clearly happened.

kidhawk

Reaction score
seadoc30":13i3lnz3 said:
dunceface":13i3lnz3 said:

I bet you wouldn't be saying this if he had ran into your car or your wifes/children's car and killed on of them. That's what some people have to live with having someone killed by a drunk driver!

I don't care if it's Lynch or anyone else. DUI kills hundreds if not thousands every year and these scumbags get away with it so easily. This is the only dark spot in our justice system.. we need to treat these people who drive drunk to be put in the same categories as murders and terrorists and make sure they never see the day light outside the jail walls!

Do you feel better that you got that off of your chest? Does drinking and driving kill? Yes it does. Should anyone condone drunk driving? No they shouldn't, but you are assuming that Lynch was drunk, when there is no evidence of that in this case. These breathalyzers are unreliable at best. he BARELY registered the legal limit and could have well been under the limit with a machine variance. To call him a scumbag or to lump him in with scumbags seems a bit drastic IMO

-The Glove-

Reaction score
seadoc30":247nevil said:
dunceface":247nevil said:

TommyLeeJonesNotSureIfSerious zpsb2fec297

HawkWow

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":109c1fhn said:
HawkWow":109c1fhn said:
Hard to say what Roger will do.

With legal issues he's always said publicly that they let the process play out in the courts and make a decision after. I would think (hope) that since the courts decided he was only guilty of a traffic infraction instead of anything criminal they wouldn't have the grounds for a fine or a suspension.

True, but reckless driving, even though played down by ML's representation, is a rather broad term and can still be considered a fairly serious violation. Especially if someone named Roger has an agenda / vendetta.

Obviously I hope it goes the other way. Maybe Roger might be saying the exact opposite of my fears. he might be saying...hey ole chum, we put you through some crap SB week, let's call it even and go about our business.

But IF roger does impose a suspension, if even 1 game, I would think it will be the opener. There's pros and cons to that possibility. The good news, we are home. The bad news, probably against a league power house.

But I still like our chances and overall, this was a great day for our favorite back. ; )

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":1ckd01lq said:
..........Only time I can think of the league acting where the courts did not was the SECOND Roethlisberger rape charge when they determined there wasn't enough evidence to make a legal case... but something f'ed up clearly happened.
But you don't understand, he's a STEALER. That makes everything different. Ask Mike Tomlin who's slapped on the wrist for costing the ravens a TD and likely a win.

amill87

Reaction score
HawkWow":3fad7fuh said:
Hard to say what Roger will do. Goodell sorta' looked the fool after forcing his heavy hand on Marshawn regarding the SB interviews. That all backfired as I am sure an overwhelming majority of NFL fans agreed Lynch should not have been forced to go live and in color.

Roger's commentary, and body language after, showed a humiliated, yet unapologetic Goodell: "well, people want to hear what the players have to say, if we didn't force Marshawn to do the interviews, everyone would try to get out of doing them".

Rog didn't seem thrilled with the results and it sure wouldn't surprise me if he sat there saying to himself...OK, Marshawn, you wanna' make a goat of me? see you after court.

I won't be stunned if the God-like Goodell hits ML with a 1 game over this BS. I say BS, because .08 is BS. I was popped for the exact same thing (but speeding) and also blew an .08. I had like 4 beers during a 3 hr golf event and was on my way to train when pulled over. I didn't even feel tipsy and only stopped laughing at the cops when they reported I'd failed the test. Be careful if you drink and drive people. Or better yet, don't (I no longer do).

Do you also go around throwing around "king Obama killed our country!"?

Look goodell has made some mistakes but we gotta drop the he has some personal vendetta. He is doing what his bosses want or he wouldn't have a job. You don't not do what the owners want and stay in the office.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seadoc30":6a6pr4f8 said:
dunceface":6a6pr4f8 said:

Did you need a ladder to get on that horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.