Lynch DUI case resolved - Knocked down to Reckless Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoc30

Reaction score
kidhawk":3kz92xte said:
seadoc30":3kz92xte said:
dunceface":3kz92xte said:
This is GOOD NEWS despite what any Negative Nancies have to say...

I bet you wouldn't be saying this if he had ran into your car or your wifes/children's car and killed on of them. That's what some people have to live with having someone killed by a drunk driver!

I don't care if it's Lynch or anyone else. DUI kills hundreds if not thousands every year and these scumbags get away with it so easily. This is the only dark spot in our justice system.. we need to treat these people who drive drunk to be put in the same categories as murders and terrorists and make sure they never see the day light outside the jail walls!

Do you feel better that you got that off of your chest? Does drinking and driving kill? Yes it does. Should anyone condone drunk driving? No they shouldn't, but you are assuming that Lynch was drunk, when there is no evidence of that in this case. These breathalyzers are unreliable at best. he BARELY registered the legal limit and could have well been under the limit with a machine variance. To call him a scumbag or to lump him in with scumbags seems a bit drastic IMO

Being over or under .08 is just a number for the purpose of law. He is still considered drunk if it .08 or less. It doesn't mean that when your over the limit you'd cause an accident and if your less than the limit you wont. It's a moral issue. If one drink whatever amount, they shouldn't get behind the wheel and put others lives at risk.

Lynch was .08 at the time of the stop and .1 at the station. That makes him drunk.

HawkWow

Reaction score
amill87":29ildxrr said:
HawkWow":29ildxrr said:
Hard to say what Roger will do. Goodell sorta' looked the fool after forcing his heavy hand on Marshawn regarding the SB interviews. That all backfired as I am sure an overwhelming majority of NFL fans agreed Lynch should not have been forced to go live and in color.

Roger's commentary, and body language after, showed a humiliated, yet unapologetic Goodell: "well, people want to hear what the players have to say, if we didn't force Marshawn to do the interviews, everyone would try to get out of doing them".

Rog didn't seem thrilled with the results and it sure wouldn't surprise me if he sat there saying to himself...OK, Marshawn, you wanna' make a goat of me? see you after court.

I won't be stunned if the God-like Goodell hits ML with a 1 game over this BS. I say BS, because .08 is BS. I was popped for the exact same thing (but speeding) and also blew an .08. I had like 4 beers during a 3 hr golf event and was on my way to train when pulled over. I didn't even feel tipsy and only stopped laughing at the cops when they reported I'd failed the test. Be careful if you drink and drive people. Or better yet, don't (I no longer do).

Do you also go around throwing around "king Obama killed our country!"?

Look goodell has made some mistakes but we gotta drop the he has some personal vendetta. He is doing what his bosses want or he wouldn't have a job. You don't not do what the owners want and stay in the office.

I never said Goodell has a "personal vendetta" against Lynch, nor did I bring Obama or politics into the equation. If I had, your post might actually make sense. Unless, of course, Goodell does have a personal vendetta against Lynch (and /or your "King" ruins this country). Time will tell.

kidhawk

Reaction score
seadoc30":36flgmhv said:
Being over or under .08 is just a number for the purpose of law. He is still considered drunk if it .08 or less. It doesn't mean that when your over the limit you'd cause an accident and if your less than the limit you wont. It's a moral issue. If one drink whatever amount, they shouldn't get behind the wheel and put others lives at risk.

So if someone drives within the limits of the law they are a scumbag? Seems rather harsh, but if that's your opinion, I'm not going to try to change it. I just absolutely don't agree with it and I won't lump Lynch in as a scum bag for it

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sounds like the type of infraction you get for changing lanes too carelessly on the freeway. Can't see the league justifying a suspension of any length based on this. He's also never had a substance-related punishment from the league, so yeah, he should be in the clear.

Save the high horse stuff, y'all. This is good news.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
All those with a pristinely perfect mistake-free track record of always doing the right thing and never faultering whether you got "caught" or not... the line starts over there. All others the line starts behind me.

OP
OP
Beer Hawk

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":23coc5kx said:
Sounds like the type of infraction you get for changing lanes too carelessly on the freeway. Can't see the league justifying a suspension of any length based on this. He's also never had a substance-related punishment from the league, so yeah, he should be in the clear.

Exactly, if they suspend him for this then they're saying they can basically suspend/fine you for a speeding ticket if they deem you were "driving WAY too fast" as opposed to just "driving fast."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":3l61tfzl said:
Exactly, if they suspend him for this then they're saying they can basically suspend/fine you for a speeding ticket if they deem you were "driving WAY too fast" as opposed to just "driving fast."

They already can, there are morality/moral turpitude clauses in NFL contracts; you are expected to act like a professional to a decent extent on and off the field.

seadoc30

Reaction score
kidhawk":2xc8ivgn said:
seadoc30":2xc8ivgn said:

So if someone drives within the limits of the law they are a scumbag? Seems rather harsh, but if that's your opinion, I'm not going to try to change it. I just absolutely don't agree with it and I won't lump Lynch in as a scum bag for it

He was pulled over for weaving between lines on a highway. Sounds like he couldn't control his car. Now what if there was a car with a family on the next line and Lynch hit that car and cause casualties. What would that have him? Thank God he didn't hit anyone this time, but what assures you next time he won't? He already had hit a person in Buffalo n nearly killed him.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Lynch has a personal driver now who takes him everywhere at night. He got close to the edge at exactly .08 and has now learned from his mistake. This was a good wake up call.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":ne2nduey said:
seadoc30":ne2nduey said:

I didn't see where anyone called him a scumbag. But he indeed did break the law, which is why he pleaded to a reckless as opposed to innocent and tried to fight it.

DUI reduced to Reckless = opposite of "within the law."

lsheldon

Reaction score
seadoc30":1zvy4mqj said:
dunceface":1zvy4mqj said:

I bet you wouldn't be saying this if he had ran into your car or your wifes/children's car and killed on of them. That's what some people have to live with having someone killed by a drunk driver!

I don't care if it's Lynch or anyone else. DUI kills hundreds if not thousands every year and these scumbags get away with it so easily. This is the only dark spot in our justice system.. we need to treat these people who drive drunk to be put in the same categories as murders and terrorists and make sure they never see the day light outside the jail walls!

Really? Lumping someone who blows a .08 (which is still the legal limit) in with murderers and terrorists? Sounds like if it was up to you everyone would receive a 10 year sentence for a parking ticket.

Head back to San Fran whiner. You're not needed here.

amill87

Reaction score
HawkWow":16zxx5xw said:
I never said Goodell has a "personal vendetta" against Lynch, nor did I bring Obama or politics into the equation. If I had, your post might actually make sense. Unless, of course, Goodell does have a personal vendetta against Lynch (and /or your "King" ruins this country). Time will tell.

I admit to using a hyperbole there but you heavily implied because Goodell felt "humiliated" he would do something he otherwise wouldn't do.

The connection I made is we often judge the face but there's a whole lot behind the scenes without a lot more people calling the shots. Goodell is an easy target

seadoc30

Reaction score
lsheldon":37vi0nxw said:
seadoc30":37vi0nxw said:
dunceface":37vi0nxw said:

Really? Lumping someone who blows a .08 (which is still the legal limit) in with murderers and terrorists? Sounds like if it was up to you everyone would receive a 10 year sentence for a parking ticket.

Head back to San Fran whiner. You're not needed here.

Head back to San Fran? Wow!! So I don't support drunk drivers and I am a 49ers fan? Lolzzz. My gosh, how old are you? I can't stop laughing!

Crabhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":32zxuf7v said:
Lynch has a personal driver now who takes him everywhere at night. He got close to the edge at exactly .08 and has now learned from his mistake. This was a good wake up call.
I agree. No one was hurt, Marshawn has accepted a level of culpability and he has shown he learned from his mistake by altering his behavior for the better. I wish DUIs never happened of course, but this outcome is about as good as one could hope for, all things considered.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
seadoc30":1p22wtmo said:
He was pulled over for weaving between lines on a highway. Sounds like he couldn't control his car. Now what if there was a car with a family on the next line and Lynch hit that car and cause casualties. What would that have him? Thank God he didn't hit anyone this time, but what assures you next time he won't? He already had hit a person in Buffalo n nearly killed him.
Give it a rest already. Without any video evidence (one of the inherent weaknesses of this case), there is no proof Marshawn was even "weaving between the lines". He was pulled over for allegedly weaving between the lines.

I understand why you are spun up about .08, but I disagree with your reasons. Reducing the limit from .10 to .08 was roughly similar to reducing the speed limit from 70 to 55. Is it safer? Probably. But at the end of the day, it is an arbitrary number. And a limit is supposed to be a limit. If I am doing 70 in a 70 zone, I am at the limit and I am not breaking the law. Your insistence that people above or below .08 are drunk sounds very much like the people who insisted the 55 limit was necessary for safety.

If you had read from multiple sources about the incident in Buffalo, you would know it was more a case of the drunk pedestrian running into Marshawn's car rather than the other way around. And the person wasn't anywhere close to "nearly killed".

If you want to go on a crusade about .08 offenders, go ahead. But you don't get to make up your own facts to do it.

DrDix

Reaction score
seadoc30":3pde2yjw said:
dunceface":3pde2yjw said:

Except nothing bad happened because of it. Get real...murderers and terrorists? Wtf?

seadoc30

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3b1mo0lb said:
seadoc30 thinks Marshawn Lynch is a terrorist.

Jackass, I never said that.. I said people who DUI and have caused harm to anyone should be treated as murderers and terrorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.