Props to Kearse

ivotuk

Reaction score
I didn't think he was this good on kick off returns. He has won me over.

3 for 95 yards, a long of 40? Impressive!

I never have doubted Tate though and am glad he's back there for punt returns. :th2thumbs:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Tate was looking scary his first few attempt at returns in his first few years and I remember a lot people were skeptical(including me) of him because he looks awkward running the ball and fumbled once or twice, but this was all back when we had Leon. Now he's pretty consistent and I can't wait until he takes one to the house.

Kearse is pretty good, but again,I remember a few people on the .Net chat yesterday were not really happy with him bringing the ball the two times he caught it in the middle of the end zone(one didn't or barely got to the 20, the other got a little past the 20). Then things all changed when he got that 40 yard return lol, obviously no one complained lol.

I feel like Percy should take over for Kearse cause he would be an improvement imo, but Tate should continue with PR since he's been fantastic at it and idk if Percy would honestly be any better than Tate is right now.

RiverDog

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2m20f41k said:
Tate was looking scary his first few attempt at returns in his first few years and I remember a lot people were skeptical(including me) of him because he looks awkward running the ball and fumbled once or twice, but this was all back when we had Leon. Now he's pretty consistent and I can't wait until he takes one to the house.

Kearse is pretty good, but again,I remember a few people on the .Net chat yesterday were not really happy with him bringing the ball the two times he caught it in the middle of the end zone(one didn't or barely got to the 20, the other got a little past the 20). Then things all changed when he got that 40 yard return lol, obviously no one complained lol.

I feel like Percy should take over for Kearse cause he would be an improvement imo, but Tate should continue with PR since he's been fantastic at it and idk if Percy would honestly be any better than Tate is right now.

The only kickoff return I questioned was the return that started not only deep in the end zone, but on one side of the field, too. That narrows down the options.

Kearse has been a nice surprise this season. I don't think he'll ever make a Pro Bowl, but WR is one of those positions where you can't have enough of them.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":14tn0je4 said:
dontbelikethat":14tn0je4 said:

The only kickoff return I questioned was the return that started not only deep in the end zone, but on one side of the field, too. That narrows down the options.

Kearse has been a nice surprise this season. I don't think he'll ever make a Pro Bowl, but WR is one of those positions where you can't have enough of them.

Yeah, he's like a pumped up Ben Obamanew. I like it. Always need a guy like Ben ombomnumanu.

Signed,

Brian Billick

drdiags

Reaction score
Guess I missed the lock on the other Kearse thread, so I am posting my write-up that got blocked. You have to be quick around here or that old fella will beat you to the punch every time (smile)

I wonder if you play RB for the Eagles.

j/k. Kearse is building a nice spot for himself and as a UDFA, to be considered a player that will earn more looks is an indication of the type of work he has been doing since making the team last year. This after starting off on the practice squad. The man has always had the physical skills and looks like the Lazik and just practicing his craft has helped him in the pro game. The WR group he is in (w/Baldwin) probably has helped his maturity. Nice to see success stories. Hope he can keep it up.

My little jab was for a new poster called "Polk738". Figured he was a former team-mate of Kearse.

kmedic

Reaction score
Kearse deserves more primary looks IMO, especially the deep routes. Unfortunately, it appears that the Bevell is looking to get Rice and Tate more targets so Kearse gets put on the back burner. Also, with Harvin coming back soon, he may even become less of a factor. And one more thing, it appears that opposing defenses are taking away the deep threat, which seems to be his specialty- so again, he may get less looks than we all want.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
One of these days, Tate is going to turnover the ball from the way he takes those split second catches just to return. It's just scary watching him make decisions on those returns.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":2clp3bft said:
One of these days, Tate is going to turnover the ball from the way he takes those split second catches just to return. It's just scary watching him make decisions on those returns.
Tate has a little bit of the Devin Hester attitude when it comes to returns,....can be scary at times, since he makes last second decisions and takes chances