A Tie Is Like...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
...Fill in the blanks...

I know it's not a loss, but it's not a win either per se...It's totally NFL Purgatory...How do we quantify this record-wise?

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
Aros":uv652rcd said:
...Fill in the blanks...

I know it's not a loss, but it's not a win either per se...It's totally NFL Purgatory...How do we quantify this record-wise?

Is like going home with the hot chicks fat, greasy friend. Still get laid but unsatisfying overall nonetheless.

Hawks46

Reaction score
A tie is like ..............blue balls.

Actually, I'm pissed about that last FG, but honestly, after that last AZ missed FG, I'm happy with a tie. We really deserved to lose this game.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how a tie would help us and hurt us in the playoff race? When it comes to a tiebreaker where does the tie come into equation?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
You+re+my+sister+you+re+my+sister+_62921670b2c3470b99c73e8c65a2640c.jpg

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A tie can both hurt and help you in the seedings depending on numerous factors of course. A tie is looked at basically as a half-win. So in essence the Seahawks have 4.5 wins and 1 loss right now. The Cardinals at 3.5 and 3. At least that's my rudimentary understanding of it.

In other words, this game was basically a wash. Like it never happened.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So what is my Fearless Record for next week? 4.5 - 1?

Weeeeeiiiiiirrrrrrdd....

:greetingsearthling:

pmedic920

Reaction score
dopeboy206":m86wcjqa said:
Can someone explain to me how a tie would help us and hurt us in the playoff race? When it comes to a tiebreaker where does the tie come into equation?

It's neither a win or a loss.

I think it counts as a 1/2 game but I'm not sure.

soje

Reaction score
This tie is like one flag for the offense and one for the defense. Our defense deserved to win. Our offense deserved to lose. They offset each other.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
dopeboy206":22qgurbo said:

Im pretty sure any team that has the same ammount of wins would automatically be below us so its not bad...I dont think tiebreakers even matter if you have a tie since your winning percentage is inbetween records

Barakas

Reaction score
dopeboy206":24b3nl73 said:

It means the playoff seeding at the end of the year is going to be very clear cut for us. The half a win/half a loss really simplifies a lot of tying scenarios. We just need to have as many in the 'W' column as other teams and we'll ensure that we have the better record b/c of the half a win. Unless of course it's us and the Cardinals in which case with both have the tie and will go down to other tie breakers.

Polaris

Reaction score
The old saying is that a tie is like kissing your sister, except tonight (to lift from the Bad News Bears), it was kissing your smoking hot step-sister.

As bad as our offense played and as badly as our offensive line got destroyed by their d-ends, a tie looks pretty good. Now factor in that we are STILL two games up on them in the loss column AND the only game left between us is at our house which means we have the current tie-break on them. Not only that but iirc all but two of their games have been played at home including this one and not winning at home is toxic to your playoff chances. By contrast, a tie on the road still puts us in complete command of the division, and puts us only a half game out of the NFC lead....and I am sure the Vikings and Cowboys will drop at least one more sometime this season.

minormillikin

Reaction score
soje":2p06dx3x said:
This tie is like one flag for the offense and one for the defense. Our defense deserved to win. Our offense deserved to lose. They offset each other.

This is a good one.

evergreen

Reaction score
The 9ers had a tie in '12 and went to the Super Bowl. we each had 11 wins remember? It means AZ is just as far behind us too. Its way worse for them than us. We are hard to beat...

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'll tell you what my gut reaction to this is. After watching over 3 hours of offensive futility, to me a tie is kind of like believing that you were making out with an amazing supermodel ... only to find out in reality that you were kissing your sister. Not merely unsatisfying -- it feels kinda nasty and downright gross to be completely honest.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
dopeboy206":16ubpuo3 said:

Lets say the Hawks and Cowboys win 12 games. Tops in NFC Seattle would get the one seed because 12-3-1 is better than 12-4

Latest posts