"You don't rebuild with Tony Romo" -Jerry Jones

HawkWow

Reaction score
^ I concur. You can't ignore the 400 yard, 4 TD games. It's the 4 TOs that have killed him. Cut that TO number in half and he's going to win in the post season as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1www01uf said:
That's an excellent point, Ro..but the ridiculously dumb turnovers (and the fumbled snap against us) for the most part, seem to be consistent with Tony's head just not in the game. Manning has lost more post than he's won (barely) but it's infrequent that I feel the loss was because of him. With Romo (and again I think he is VERY good) you can almost feel it coming....and then it does.
I thought Romo has been to the playoffs once and we beat him..That was like 8 yrs ago..Since that time 9-7 and 8-8 haven't got them in..This is why their retarded owner wants more playoff teams -I think 2 more wild cards...it's b sht

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1j5eb3xd said:
HawkWow":1j5eb3xd said:
That's an excellent point, Ro..but the ridiculously dumb turnovers (and the fumbled snap against us) for the most part, seem to be consistent with Tony's head just not in the game. Manning has lost more post than he's won (barely) but it's infrequent that I feel the loss was because of him. With Romo (and again I think he is VERY good) you can almost feel it coming....and then it does.
I thought Romo has been to the playoffs once and we beat him..That was like 8 yrs ago..Since that time 9-7 and 8-8 haven't got them in..This is why their retarded owner wants more playoff teams -I think 2 more wild cards...it's b sht
Playoff expansion will happen possibly this year if not it will be done in 2015. I hope they keep it to 7 teams per conference. Funny thing is even with 8 teams Dallas still would've missed the playoffs last year.

HawkWow

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1m65hxfx said:
HawkWow":1m65hxfx said:

You're right, Indy. Romo does put up God-like numbers but not enough to counter Dallas' many inadequacies...including his own. When the book on Romo is closed, he will mirror the modern day Dallas Cowboys and truly be a face of that franchise....more show than go.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21ky5rwo said:
I don't want playoff expansion, personally. Playoff games matter. A lot. I don't want them watered down.

I have mixed emotions on the subject. A team like Zona could have upset some apple carts and upsets make for good drama / TV/ headlines. But if I was asked to vote...I agree with your watered down statement and would (likely) vote against.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkWow":uw2iu31q said:
I have mixed emotions on the subject. A team like Zona could have upset some apple carts and upsets make for good drama / TV/ headlines. But if I was asked to vote...I agree with your watered down statement and would (likely) vote against.
I'd have thought the 7-9 Seahawk division winners a few years ago would shelf this discussion for a good while, but I guess not, lol.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Yep...that 7-9 squad gave us the single greatest play in NFL history. How TF they can call Young's stumbling TD run better than beastquake is beyond me. They must have let Mormon wives do the voting.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not to go OT, so real quick Ro, how's the new axx working out for ya'? You making steady progress? Unless you're a prodigy, it's a *process and giving up is much easier than grinding it out. "Don't give up...never give up".

*A sometimes arduous, hateful, despicable, depressing process. I've not picked mine up for 3 or 4 months now. I think I'd be happier if they all caught fire.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2hbti3zn said:
HawkWow":2hbti3zn said:
I'd have thought the 7-9 Seahawk division winners a few years ago would shelf this discussion for a good while, but I guess not, lol.
I thought so too especially after the hawks knocked off the previous years Super Bowl champs, add all the the handwringing and bellyaching by the pundits and NFL. I guess it's more important to the NFL to get Dallas and pissburg into the playoffs more often, than having a 7-9 team play spoiler and knock off one of the favorites once in awhile.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The more I think about it, I think the fact that we, the 7-9 laughingstock division "champions", knocked off the 11-5 defending Super Bowl champions is having the opposite effect. "Well, if that scrub 7-9 team could knock off the 11-5 defending champion Saints...Maybe we need more playoff games?"

Damnit, it's all our fault.

Throwdown

Reaction score
In the time it took me to read this whole thing, I'm pretty sure Romo threw 6 picks on madden... Just like real life

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'd take Romo on my fantasy golf team...
This guy has to be the absolute luckiest bastard alive!
He is getting way over paid because Jurrah is an amazing football idiot!
He got a taste of Jessica Simpson when she was smoking hot!
And he married a gold digger that is pretty fine herself!
I'll bet he doesn't even care about winning, why would he?
The sooner the season ends, the faster he can get back to golfing everyday.
He must have sold his soul.