Wrexham Promoted

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have been following this story, but it's one of the greatest sports stories of the past decade.

Wrexham, now owned by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenny (Always Sunny) was promoted over the weekend.

Even if you don't like soccer, you owe it to yourself as a sports fan to check out the docu-series on FX, and hopefully season two showing all of this will come out soon.

Here's the end of the match win and promotion.

Reaction score
It really isn't the best story.

The truth is Wrexham sold their soul to be the source of intrigue for a documentary.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It really isn't the best story.

The truth is Wrexham sold their soul to be the source of intrigue for a documentary.

I bet you couldn't find one fan or town member who'd agree with you. All any proud sports fan wants is an engaged owner who will do anything to help your club win, and that's EXACTLY what Reynolds and McElhenny have done, and the entire town is going nuts filled with pride.

Sorry you can't see that.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Not a soccer fan - at all - but truly enjoyed this series. The support from the locals is amazing. I don't agree that Wrexham "sold their soul" - the club was in dire straits and needed someone to right the ship. Dollars have a way of doing that. Seems like Rob and Ryan are genuine in their desire to get Wrexham to a higher station. I can't imagine they are getting rich at this endeavor.