Witherspoon is #1 CB!

94Smith

Reaction score
Woolen was easily the best part of that defense.
I agree, it's just the accolades usually go to guys on great defenses. For the same reason Maxx Crosby is never considered for DPOY

WarHawks

Reaction score
"Right now, it’s easy to see Witherspoon is the best cornerback in the league. If he continues playing like this much longer, soon we’ll have to discuss whether he’s already the best defender in the NFL at any position." Holy cow. That's amazing! Since we weren't able to draft a qb1, Spoon's success definitely helps make up for it!

warden

Reaction score
And teams are reluctant to throw on Woolen. Tre Brown has been playing well too. Add to the mix a strong group of safeties and we are generating a pass rush with Bobby in the middle of it all. A lot to like

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Cortez Kennedy
It takes somebody that special to pull it off. Comparing anybody on the current Seahawks team to Kennedy is insanity. A lot of very good players on the Seahawks, possibly even a generational talent. Kennedy was better than a generational talent.

Seahawker

Reaction score
It takes somebody that special to pull it off. Comparing anybody on the current Seahawks team to Kennedy is insanity. A lot of very good players on the Seahawks, possibly even a generational talent. Kennedy was better than a generational talent.
Imagine Cortez Kennedy on our 2023 defense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
True but that’s not at all what I was doing. The statement was made that DPOY comes from good teams and I was just making a clear statement that is not really true. It is easier to be the best statistical player on a better team so odds increase but it’s not a given.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
True but that’s not at all what I was doing. The statement was made that DPOY comes from good teams and I was just making a clear statement that is not really true. It is easier to be the best statistical player on a better team so odds increase but it’s not a given.
My point was that Kennedy was the exception, not the rule.