Wilson is Average

Elemas

Reaction score
Yeahe. Rusel Willsun socks. Hem do nots haf that saym abillitee lyke befur.

—Remember you’re dealing with morons here.

These fans man.

Elemas

Reaction score
Yeahe. Rusel Willsun socks. Hem do nots haf that saym abillitee lyke befur.

—Remember you’re dealing with morons here.

These fans man.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
RCATES":5yekn9br said:
How many more O-Cords will we rip through before you Homers except that Wilson is average. Massively over paid game manager with a good deep ball.

Wait I think I have the fix for this we need Schotty back he can be the OC for the 2nd half and let Waldron do the first half. It's just the opposite of past years 3 and out the entire 1st half then come from behind in the 2nd half lol.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It would be interesting to be average and end up in the HOF, and he will be in the HOF.

My suggestion would be to poll the fans of other teams, specifically all the rivals that hate/dislike us. Even poll the Rams fans since Wilson seems to have trouble with them.

My bet is few of them would consider him average.

This is a weird topic.

PS

Joe Montana doesn't think Wilson is average, just for the record.

5thgen

Reaction score
Rus is only good when he rolls out of the pocket. He's too damn short to see over 6'5" linemen. We should have traded him for Stafford.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
You're tripping if you think Wilson is average. He is an above average QB, but I don't think he's as good as we initially thought he was.

Wilson is a perplexing QB. He's good in so many respects. I really think he has the best deep ball in the NFL. If we're attacking the intermediate and deep quadrants of the field, he is crazy accurate. I don't know if I've ever seen a QB able to launch a ball 50+ yards down the field from as weird of positions on the move as Wilson can. He can break conventions and launch balls off of his rear foot, from across his body and on the move and hit his receivers deep with boring predictability. It's a sight to see, and I don't think anyone in the NFL can do that as well as he can.

Despite all of this, Wilson has some issues. One thing that I've noticed is his pre-snap reads aren't very good. Last season teams were really confusing him with disguised coverages. His audible game is also suspect. He is not a field general QB like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, players that can dictate the whole game from the LOS. Teams have also learned how to come at him with the pass rush. They use a more disciplined approach to box him in. His Houdini acts have become far more seldom.

Wilson's weakest element is his short passing game, which comes with the pre-snap reads. QB's throwing short timing passes must be very good at assessing the situation before the snap. Wilson has never been the type of QB to be able utilize those short timing passes. He often times is off tempo, or really off on his short throws. Obviously, this puts pretty big limitations on Wilson. Pete Carroll also doesn't help, as I think his restrictive attitude towards passing offenses has stunted Wilson's growth as a QB. Wilson also has developed a bad habit of not taking what he has been given. I think he's been riding his own hype train too much.

Either way, Wilson is a good QB -- one of the better ones even. I just think he comes with a few unique quirks. Most NFL teams would be happy replace whatever QB they have with Wilson. That being said, I think he's the type of QB that needs special circumstances to really thrive. I would be really curious to see how he would do outside of Seattle.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":kicrr3f4 said:
You're tripping if you think Wilson is average. He is an above average QB, but I don't think he's as good as we initially thought he was.

Wilson is a perplexing QB. He's good in so many respects. I really think he has the best deep ball in the NFL. If we're attacking the intermediate and deep quadrants of the field, he is crazy accurate. I don't know if I've ever seen a QB able to launch a ball 50+ yards down the field from as weird of positions on the move as Wilson can. He can break conventions and launch balls off of his rear foot, from across his body and on the move and hit his receivers deep with boring predictability. It's a sight to see, and I don't think anyone in the NFL can do that as well as he can.

Despite all of this, Wilson has some issues. One thing that I've noticed is his pre-snap reads aren't very good. Last season teams were really confusing him with disguised coverages. His audible game is also suspect. He is not a field general QB like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, players that can dictate the whole game from the LOS. Teams have also learned how to come at him with the pass rush. They use a more disciplined approach to box him in. His Houdini acts have become far more seldom.

Wilson's weakest element is his short passing game, which comes with the pre-snap reads. QB's throwing short timing passes must be very good at assessing the situation before the snap. Wilson has never been the type of QB to be able utilize those short timing passes. He often times is off tempo, or really off on his short throws. Obviously, this puts pretty big limitations on Wilson. Pete Carroll also doesn't help, as I think his restrictive attitude towards passing offenses has stunted Wilson's growth as a QB. Wilson also has developed a bad habit of not taking what he has been given. I think he's been riding his own hype train too much.

Either way, Wilson is a good QB -- one of the better ones even. I just think he comes with a few unique quirks. Most NFL teams would be happy replace whatever QB they have with Wilson. That being said, I think he's the type of QB that needs special circumstances to really thrive. I would be really curious to see how he would do outside of Seattle.

Other qbs make short passes because they are not athletically gifted as russell wilson, everybody loves to act like other qbs are just really smart and thats why they choose to check it down. no, its because their arm isn't as strong nor as accurate as wilson's. Not brady, not manning, not rodgers, yeah they could try to go downfield and they will struggle or it won't be accurate.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
5thgen":d3zxmpsl said:
Rus is only good when he rolls out of the pocket. He's too damn short to see over 6'5" linemen. We should have traded him for Stafford.

Russell wilson has already proven he can make any shot, including short, even this season.

yall have to find another argument.

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2pdjukz9 said:
PNW":2pdjukz9 said:
Wilson is not even close to average, he’s been top 10-5 QB in the league for a while now, he’ll go on runs where he’s even top 3 if not the best QB in the league statistically. Give me some of what you’re smokin, it must good pretty good
And then he'll go on runs where he's sub 20th QB in the league. That's his issue and those runs are starting to last way too long.

Define runs

John63

Reaction score
5thgen":rhshxoj5 said:

And yet he is amongst the top in all categories in the pocket.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tinamedina":3qwf1b9u said:
5thgen":3qwf1b9u said:

Russell wilson has already proven he can make any shot, including short, even this season.

But his choice more often then not is not too and look for the Hero ball downfield, he can call any play now on the fly and chooses to say go deep and i will throw it, you just have to outrun the over under or double coverage.

Or a sideline route with two defenders or more, one being the sideline and the cover back and most times a couple.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":1957q7t7 said:
Tinamedina":1957q7t7 said:
5thgen":1957q7t7 said:

But his choice more often then not is not too and look for the Hero ball downfield, he can call any play now on the fly and chooses to say go deep and i will throw it, you just have to outrun the over under or double coverage.

Or a sideline route with two defenders or more, one being the sideline and the cover back and most times a couple.

And yet again as has been shown with charts and facts he has thrown far more short passes than long. How's Q doing?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Tinamedina":129ueye3 said:
Spin Doctor":129ueye3 said:

Other qbs make short passes because they are not athletically gifted as russell wilson, everybody loves to act like other qbs are just really smart and thats why they choose to check it down. no, its because their arm isn't as strong nor as accurate as wilson's. Not brady, not manning, not rodgers, yeah they could try to go downfield and they will struggle or it won't be accurate.
You better hope he brings his A game all game against the Saints on Monday night. The Manning brothers might point some problems if he doesn't.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm a pretty fair critic of Russell Wilson and have been labeled by some as a "hater", but even I will say that he is not average. There's 32 starting quarterbacks in this league, and Russell is undeniably in the top ten by any measure, top 5 by some.

As far as "shitting the bed" in the 2nd half Sunday, I don't agree with that description, either. To me, "shitting the bed" would involve turning the ball over, something that Wilson hasn't done all season. The only time this season that I would agree with that characterization would be his performance in overtime vs. the Titans.

This is almost on the level of being a trollish thread, designed to inflame opinions, provoke others into an equally inflammatory response, and turn a good forum with thoughtful discussions into a collection of pissing contests.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I swear it must actually hurt to give Russ any credit. He is one of the best in the game. But don't let facts get in the way. I'll just get called a Russ lover and get threatened again. For having an opinion on a message board :?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson is not the problem is he perfect no but who is. Here's the problem a defense that schematically doesn't work in todays NFL compounded with average talent at best in key positions. A head coach that can't seem to adjust anymore in games or possibly during the season Sundays game in SF will tell us alot about Pete's ability to change things up.

Lastly we still have a very bad O-line in pass pro . It's bad more than it's good. Were losing up front and that's a problem if that doesn't change on Sunday we will lose again. No QB can carry a team playing this bad on defense and in the trenches.

Ownership is going to have a decision Pete or Russ i have no idea who will win but i'm not optimistic Corporations tend to be very pig headed when it comes to Management.

xray

Reaction score
above average skills - barely average in consistency...hence, can't seem to string together 4 good quarters IMO