Willson, Simon return to practice; Maxwell later this week

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":2ddsld9g said:
Simon will be fine. I like the "dog" in him.
Pete better beat him with a paper then. Rub his nose in a penalty flag?

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SonicHawk":31sgyryw said:
Hasselbeck":31sgyryw said:
SonicHawk":31sgyryw said:
Simon was god awful though..

He was, but it was his first quarter of game play. He will get better with more experience, I have no doubt in my mind.

He's got to be better than he was last weekend.

Same thing happened in the preseason. Against Denver.. he made bonehead penalities, against San Diego.. he was great and should have had a pick six if the refs didn't rob him of it.

I think he's one of those guys that just burns hot.. it was his first game after a year and a half in the league.. I'm sure he was fired up.

Once he learns to control those emotions, he will be fine.

Hilarious that we're judging him off of ONE quarter of play though.. since a certain franchise QB we had looked so great in his first regular season game too :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Kids first game and he was going to be a target, Britt I am sure was trying to physical him as well, you have to give it back or it will keep coming. He has to pick his spots is all and not let his head be taken out of the game situation.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":238aeych said:
Simon was god awful though.

Love that Maxwell is coming back. That's a life-saver.

Really???...Wrong!!!

Wake up!

Open your eyes, watch a rookie playing his 1st NFL game.

When we lose Maxie this year we have a RCB who is 6'3" and a developing talent. He'll be a starter next year and will be effective. Another grad from Pete's CB school big, fast, long armed. Watch again before you criticize. He's raw but fast and physical. He look to me like a genuine keeper.

Why are there so many negative Nancy's on this board?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Really wish we had Maxwell back this week...............even though he wasn't playing all that well anyways, it would be nice to have some depth at CB.

sutz

Reaction score
Good news, but it seems to me that players seldom play the first week they return to practice. They probably won't be active until at least next week.

:229031_shrug:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Fickle my entitlenuts and call me a scout.

I love when us fans make critical judgments, and cement a young player's career in stone. Its not like football players have development plans not only from game to game but practice to practice. And that experience doesn't add up over in time.

Nope if you suck or struggle in your first game... you're just a bad football player, sorry.

Throwdown

Reaction score
what exactly was bad about Simon? he didn't get burned at all, only negative i seen was getting too chippy with ol boy from the Rams, and that goes both ways.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Throwdown":9r7dszil said:
what exactly was bad about Simon? he didn't get burned at all, only negative i seen was getting too chippy with ol boy from the Rams, and that goes both ways.

I loved that play when he followed Austin all the way across the field and stopped him on 3rd down. That was a great play. I was wondering the same thing too.

Throwdown

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3gj49v10 said:
Throwdown":3gj49v10 said:

I loved that play when he followed Austin all the way across the field and stopped him on 3rd down. That was a great play. I was wondering the same thing too.

I did too!

other than that one play he didn't get much action unless it was getting into it with Quick.

Jville

Reaction score
The face mask against Brian Quick extended the Ram drive and probably cost (some would argue) 4 points. That act cost Tharold Simon a $8,268 fine. I would guess that many were put off by what appeared to be an emotional outburst. Some believe Simon is susceptible to emotional outbursts and penalties.

Many of these very talented newbies have a down side that accompanies their upside. They make positive plays ... but sometimes negate their contributions with negative plays.

We saw this with Golden Tate in his first year of action and multiple benchings. In Tate's case. he eventually learned and adapted and ended up with a good second contract.

Winston Guy with his bad decisions negating his play making ability is an example of someone who has yet to learn and adapt. Guy is now a practice squad member of the Colts.

Simon came with additional concerns about injury and work habit. For me, my reservations about Simon are about keeping my expectations in check for this year. I'm certainly not throwing rocks a Tharold. I want him to succeed.