Will Dissly

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
With the Olsen signing, it makes me wonder where is Dissly in his rehab.

Was this Olsen signing in any way in connection to Dissly not healing well?

I’m going to assume Willson and Dickson will be gone.

You’re left with Dissly, Hollister and Olsen.

I’m not a big fan of Olsen signing.

I think he is done.

Stick a fork in him.

Really hope they draft a capable young athletic tight end.

Not sure if Dissly is a 16 game kind of player.

Not looking so each year.

Largent80

Reaction score
Nope, he is far from done and is ahead of schedule on his rehab. Take a look at Sherman with the same injury and Diss is a LOT younger. He is going to be fine.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":34gdt44b said:
With the Olsen signing, it makes me wonder where is Dissly in his rehab.

Was this Olsen signing in any way in connection to Dissly not healing well?

I’m going to assume Willson and Dickson will be gone.

You’re left with Dissly, Hollister and Olsen.

I think is done.

Stick a fork in him.

Really hope they draft a capable young athletic tight end.

Not sure if Dissly is a 16 game kind of player.

I think the point of the Olsen signing wasn't signing a premiere, world shattering tightend, but a veteran that is suitable and has a better chance of staying on the field then the aforementioned, injured-prone Dissly. He brings leadership and experience in a position the team has been lacking in, but as I said I don't think he's "the missing piece". If anything this allows the team to do two things;

1.) Allow Dissly to rest, especially if he ends up on PUP and doesn't come back mid-season. Even if he was ready by the start of 2020 season, he can still sit back and come in more at ease with Olsen taking more reps.

2.) The team doesn't have to panic and try to grab a TE within the first 3 rounds and can now have the luxury of waiting till perhaps rounds 4-7 to find a TE they can pick up on the cheap and work with behind Olsen and Dissly.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Will Dissly is better than George Kittle, I was told by a regular poster on this board.

Olsen signing doesn't make sense.

:stirthepot:

More seriously, just checked and I was really surpised to see the Seahawks led the league in 3 or 4 WR formations last year. They were bottom five in two TE sets, and I'm guessing a lot of those was Fant being inaccurately counted as a TE rather than an extra lineman.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Olsen is NOT injury prone. Up until he broke his foot 2 years ago, he rarely missed a game. The missed games recently had to do with his injured foot.

In 2019 Olsen STARTED 14 games. Caught 52 passes for an average of 11.5 yards (11.5 yards usually equates to 1st Downs) .

And this was on a team with Who? at QB. And Who? at WR.

Greg Olsen is here to help out at the TE position, to get 1st downs, and to help with the running game.

Will Dissly will be fine. IMHO, he's had 2 off the wall injuries, that I believe come from a man having the power to force his body to do things it shouldn't. He needs to learn to play within himself a little better.

I mean, did you see the way he twisted his body one way, realized the pass was coming the other way, then contorted his body that way to catch the ball, while running, staying upright, and not running out of the back of the end zone? It was unreal.

Uncle Will just needs to tone it down a little, and not try to make those impossible plays. Or he will be like Bo Jackson, who's legs had so much power in them, that his muscles tore it out of the ball socket while trying to make it do things it shouldn't.

I sincerely hope they bring Luke Willson back. He's a good, not great player, who's almost always available, and that knows the team, and the game plan. I'd hate to be in need of a TE, and see Luke signed somewhere else.

Can Dickson make it back this year? Are they even interested in trying to get him back? Or are they just waiting for FA to start, before they make a decision?

KinesProf

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":jmaeuce8 said:
Not sure if Dissly

is a 16 game kind of player.

Almost had a haiku.

sutz

Reaction score
I've said it before. I think this indicates that Dissly will probably start TC on PUP, and may sit out the first 6 games of the season. Pete keeps telling us how well Diss's rehab is going, but he is notoriously doe-eyed when it comes to those subjects.

I wouldn't mind Willson coming back as a function fill-in TE, but more likely we'll draft someone day 2-3.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dissly recovered from a torn Patellar tendon tear in record time. He's YOUNG, as I said before look at the much older Sherman with Achilles. I see the guy in camp personally and after looking at his Twitter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2uilynge said:

I think is done.

Stick a fork in him..

14 games
52 catches
2 TD's
34 years old

1. That's not a stat line of a guy who's "done" and just caught most of these stats from a stiff named Kyle Allen who we saw first hand just how terrible he is.

2. As much as we all love Uncle Will, can't trust him to stay healthy after 2nd year in a row with a major season ending injury.

I love the Olsen signing. I still think he's got another year or two of production, and he's a fantastic locker room guy who will be a team leader by game #1. For 5-7M? I'll take 50-60 catches and 4-5 TD's with Wilson, who has been making ALL his TE's look like Pro Bowlers the past two years under Schotty's offense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If Will is able to play Will plays..None of this sitting games out for fear of injury..
I can see all three TE's out there at once with one in the Fant role or as FB..
You got three good pass catchers in them and they create mismatches with
their size

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3hfntbz5 said:
I don't know the current update on Diss recovery progress but I did notice he is active and involved in Seahawk doings as today he tweeted a TE Room welcome to Olsen, noting it's going to be a busy place.
He could have posted that from a hospital bed. :laugh:

I like that he is welcoming a new team mate, but tweeting is hardly something that needs healthy legs.

chris98251

Reaction score
PFT has snippet on Seahawks thinking Dissly will be ready week one.

getnasty

Reaction score
I feel like Olsen would have been signed even if they thought Dissely could make it back to begin the season. Glad the rehab is going well and looking foward to both being on the field at the same time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":6vho35b3 said:
PFT has snippet on Seahawks thinking Dissly will be ready week one.

Pete said he loved how Ziggy looked and he was ahead of schedule to be ready by week one too.

Unadulterated optimistic spin, nothing to take seriously.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Olsen is a slightly better (fitwise) version of Jimmy Graham. Has PC learned his lesson? Will Olsen be used to his strengths?

Latest posts