Wild Card Chances......

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Breh":2yzy29uw said:
Hawk-Lock":2yzy29uw said:
Chances are slim. Schedule is tough and we are behind teams that are just better than us.
We're behind the Packers, Vikings, Panthers, and currently the Eagles.
Not one of those teams scare me any more than the Rams, and we play 3 of them.
We're tied with ATL and they're still in the South with CAR so I expect them to eventually bow out.
Wildcard isn't dead.
Thursday is a must win tho.

I just think all those teams you listed are much better than us. All those teams went into the season with SB expectations. We all knew we were taking a step back. Sure we still have a chance, but we are behind in the standings again st superior teams. Thursday is pretty much a must win.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The next two games are critical to Post Season hopes. Should we lose both....it's over! We win both....we have a prayer.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
rcaido":3b0qm0wz said:
Falcons or Redskins who do we root for...Looks like Patriots are the only team that can help our cause this Sunday.
Pretty sure you should be rooting for the 49ers, Rams and Cardinals from here on out since it helps the Seahawks strength of schedule.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3tamq0xj said:
The next two games are critical to Post Season hopes. Should we lose both....it's over! We win both....we have a prayer.
You’d be half way there.

TwilightError

Reaction score
There is a decent chance at the wild card. They just have to learn how to finish a two minute drive at the end. Otherwise to me this team plays better that I expected before the season. Remember that the Rams are at the top of their championship window, Seahawks are only working towards it. In two years, it is going to be the opposite.

If they dont make the playoffs this year its not a huge deal. This is a building year. Next year might come too fast to be real contenders but certainly playoffs should be the minimum acceptable outcome of that year.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":ar4kutwo said:
We need a winning record before seriously considering playoffs at this point. Have to go 6-1 here out realistically.

I don't think so.

Figure the Panthers get one WC. The other will be either Bears, Packers or Vikes.

Since y'all already lost to the Bears - root for them to win the North. Beat the Vikes and Pack at home and finish 8-8 and IMO Seattle will be right there.

Eagles have five losses and play at Saints and Rams still. Falcons have five losses and play at Saints and Panthers..

Vikings are your tough one because even if they lose they'd have to lose another four. So they would need to lose to the Bears, Seahawks and Patriots - which is all possible or even likely. Then they'd need another two losses in games that they'd be favored.

Another route would be hoping for a Panthers collapse - since you can get a tiebreaker with them (Vikes and Pack have ties so no real tiebreaker for you guys unless you tie someone).

HawksHawksHawks

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3agtmpcq said:
Seahawks improve to 7th in the standings with their win over the Packers.

Panthers and Vikings, two of our next three opponents, currently occupy what would be the Wild Card spots.

FiveThirtyEight gives the Seahawks a 37% chance to make the playoffs:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions

Precisely what I was about to post.

Let's hope they don't lay an egg against Carolina next week. Would love to see a low-scoring defensive win to put us in good shape for the late season stretch of home games.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
Packers at 5-4-1

If it came down to it, does the 1/2 game packer lead trump the Head/Head win we have over them?

Pardon my ignorance please.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1gghqfdr said:
Seahawks improve to 7th in the standings with their win over the Packers.

Panthers and Vikings, two of our next three opponents, currently occupy what would be the Wild Card spots.

FiveThirtyEight gives the Seahawks a 37% chance to make the playoffs:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions

Hope is alive. Beating Carolina on the road, 10am start, will be tough but still very doable. I think our running game will travel and if we get pressure on Newton we can do it. Minny at home will be a good game and definitely possible. TCB with SF and KC could be resting starters by that game. We're still in it for sure.

JGreen79

Reaction score
pmedic920":130gt2n2 said:
So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
Packers at 5-4-1

If it came down to it, does the 1/2 game packer lead trump the Head/Head win we have over them?

Yes, the only way the head to head matters with the Packers or the Vikings is if Seattle has a tie as well.

But after today the Packers are 4-5-1.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pmedic920":1d8pj0rh said:
So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
Packers at 5-4-1

Yes.

If the pack finishes 9-6-1 for example, we would need to be 10-6 despite our head to head win.

soje

Reaction score
We have 6 games left. I guess we have to go 2-1 in the games against the Panthers, Vikings, or Chiefs. Of course, I'm considering we sweep both SF and AZ.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
pmedic920":15gb8ttj said:
So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
Packers at 5-4-1

Yes packers would make it over us in that case... head to head is a "tie break" and we wouldnt be tied with them, they would be a half game ahead like you said

sutz

Reaction score
Well, that bumps our chances a bit, anyway. Can only play one game at a time.

Tough trip to Carolina coming. At least we get the extra days rest.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2i7ztl1c said:
pmedic920":2i7ztl1c said:
So I’m curious.

We’re at 5-5
Packers at 5-4-1

Yes packers would make it over us in that case... head to head is a "tie break" and we wouldnt be tied with them, they would be a half game ahead like you said

The packers are 4-5-1

LTH

Reaction score
This is a championship run guys...enjoy it!!

LTH

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Brutal task of games in which we need to be nothing short of stellar first, somehow think that Bears game might end up being the tiebreaker heart break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcaido

Reaction score
we beat the Panthers there is a chance they can slip up the second wildcard. they still have to play the saints twice and falcons which already beat them.

must win against Panthers and Vikings. if we have to lose a game it would be against the chiefs. hopefully by then the 49ers and cards are in tank mode.