Why would RW choose Broncos?

John63

Reaction score
JTB":2e07cixj said:
There were plenty of plays where Russ would not throw it to guys in the middle of the field and instead went deep. This isn't a narrative, it's the truth. The Athletic just had an in depth article about it.....

Not that I care much anymore but it's undeniable that his play the last couple of years was not at the level to justify 50 M a year. And I'm a big RW fan

I saw the Atlantic thing and the first question I had was what was the down and distance. does no good to throw it 5 yards when we need 10.

As I said and posted in another thread the heat map shows we don't run many routes to the middle. In that same thread, I showed the stats for several Qbs to include Mahomes, and Rodgers Wilson's percentage of throws to the middle were on par with them. His completion % was also as high as theirs.

That said doe snot that means he hit every short pass that was there? No, no QB does. But it also doe snot mean he doe snot pass there. It just means he doe sit at the same rate as most of the top QBs.

John63

Reaction score
keasley45":gnn7x2ab said:
nanomoz":gnn7x2ab said:
Go listen to the Greg Olsen interview with Cowherd from a few days ago.

Olsen observed that Russ (and the entire offense) were treated like the JV team.

DK thought the exact same thing his first year and then saw the truth.

really this was just 2021 his 2nd year.

"Teams just started to figure us out," Metcalf said on the I Am Athlete podcast. "We've been running deep pass ever since [coach] Pete [Carroll] got there. Play action. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball, go deep. Teams just said, 'We're just not gonna let you all go deep.'"

Seems like he does not agree with you

John63

Reaction score
Rat":l6755opr said:
John63":l6755opr said:
Also interesting how some want to ignore when someone says something they don't like.

Sorry, it's a Friday and I'm a few drinks in; how's that saying go, something about a pot and a kettle?

Pretty good except your the pot and the kettle.

Optimus25

Reaction score
As i have pointed out in another thread, virtually all of Denver’s stats are impossible to chew on for future predictability because they had teddy B. They became incredibly one dimensional which allowed defensive coordinators to scheme accordingly. He could miss on so many open throws downfield it was quite pathetic. It’s tough to protect when there is minimal down field threat combined with very little qb mobility.

With Russ able to moon ball to jeudy or sutton combined with his mobility, i can see what he sees there. Obviously already has a potent running attack.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":3uscy7uf said:
Rat":3uscy7uf said:
John63":3uscy7uf said:
Also interesting how some want to ignore when someone says something they don't like.

Sorry, it's a Friday and I'm a few drinks in; how's that saying go, something about a pot and a kettle?

Pretty good except your the pot and the kettle.
Out of 24 posts on this topic, one third were your rebuttals. Mr Wilson ought to be so proud to have you as his defender, you are defending every finger pointed at Russ's deficiencies, you are truly righting all the unrightable wrongs.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
John63 should check out the shack.

Russ is a HOF QB, Russ thinks he is Montana/Manning/Brady good. In fact he is not even Brees, Marion, Rodgers good.

I don't care how talented he is, I just wanted him, his "legacy" and his team of people gone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawks85":29qe239u said:
sprhawk73":29qe239u said:
Rat":29qe239u said:
Because the other options were Philly and a team owned by Dan Snyder.

:179419: That is rough isn't it? Good point.

Dude must really be delusional if he think he is a fully functional QB. He is definitely not a quick out pocket passer.

Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be and he's the anti-christ when it comes to being a pocket passer and attacking the middle of the field. He's a backyard QB with no special talent other than the rainbow passes. Like you said, dude is delusional if he thinks he is a fully functional QB. He's not even close to that, not even a little bit. None of this changes in Denver and people won't accept that. Wilson will have his moments and people will say that Seattle got reamed in this trade, but it won't matter to me unless Wilson delivers a few SB's to Denver which won't happen. I'm going as far as saying Denver won't even make the playoffs this year.

Very well put!
I keep hearing nuthuggers talk about his skillset/toolbox will
be used completely now.. :lol: :179419: :177692:
We will all get our answers folks..Which side is correct?
I like my sides chances a lot.

keasley45

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3tr6xvm3 said:
hawks85":3tr6xvm3 said:
sprhawk73":3tr6xvm3 said:
Rat":3tr6xvm3 said:
Because the other options were Philly and a team owned by Dan Snyder.

Dude must really be delusional if he think he is a fully functional QB. He is definitely not a quick out pocket passer.

Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be and he's the anti-christ when it comes to being a pocket passer and attacking the middle of the field. He's a backyard QB with no special talent other than the rainbow passes. Like you said, dude is delusional if he thinks he is a fully functional QB. He's not even close to that, not even a little bit. None of this changes in Denver and people won't accept that. Wilson will have his moments and people will say that Seattle got reamed in this trade, but it won't matter to me unless Wilson delivers a few SB's to Denver which won't happen. I'm going as far as saying Denver won't even make the playoffs this year.

Very well put!

If he didn't have massive holes, JS wouldn't have been so on to Allen and Mahomes. There also wouldn't be all the talk now about how this is Russ's chance to prove he can stand apart from Pete and the LOB days, put a team on his shoulders and win a championship. What kind of HOF player in year 10 has left that much room for doubt about how good he is?

You wouldn't have heard that kind of talk around Rodgers if he'd ended up in Denver.

In Denver, he gets to complete the circle and become the 3rd qb behind to HOF greats to take the team from middling to champions. ELWAY, MANNING, [WILSON?]. Easy way to assure his place in Canton.

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":11yael06 said:
IndyHawk":11yael06 said:
hawks85":11yael06 said:
sprhawk73":11yael06 said:

Very well put!

If he didn't have massive holes, JS wouldn't have been so on to Allen and Mahomes. There also wouldn't be all the talk now about how this is Russ's chance to prove he can stand apart from Pete and the LOB days, put a team on his shoulders and win a championship. What kind of HOF player in year 10 has left that much room for doubt about how good he is?

You wouldn't have heard that kind of talk around Rodgers if he'd ended up in Denver.

In Denver, he gets to complete the circle and become the 3rd qb behind to HOF greats to take the team from middling to champions. ELWAY, MANNING, [WILSON?]. Easy way to assure his place in Canton.

JS does appear to have good nose for QB, no one should doubt that he found Wilson. No one could challenge that he personally scouted Allen and Mahomes, triggering darts threw his way by Wilson and his agent.

BUT

JS was right, we would have BETTER off with Allen or Mahomes, with their rookie contract and all around skill set. Before you blame out OL, Mahome had 2.3 seconds pocket time, suffered 22.2% QB pressure, Allen? he had the same as Wilson, 2.4 seconds, but Allen only suffered 25.6% QB pressure, our HOF all world Wilson? 27%.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawks85":371agly9 said:

Lol. All those deficiencies and he's still going to go to the HOF.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":29gmp747 said:
ivotuk":29gmp747 said:
nanomoz":29gmp747 said:

Olsen observed that Russ (and the entire offense) were treated like the JV team.

Sour grapes from Olsen. At the end of that season he also said he had "Buyers Remorse," wishing he would have chosen the Buffalo Bills.

Olsen is saying what Cowherd wants to put out there. That's why he gave him a microphone. I put zero credence in anything he says.

Also interesting how some want to ignore when someone says something they don't like. Forge the fact that what Olsen said has been echoed by many experts and other teams we faced. Recall just last year several CB on other teams said they knew what was coming on 80% of the plays as they are so simple. But hey keep your fingers in your ears and say na na na all you want.
Hmm, so you're saying that they had to dumb it down for Wilson & his Receivers to the point where it was an easy read for other teams CB's to defend? Who woulda thunk it. :roll:

John63

Reaction score
QuahHawk":3ud4t8zc said:
John63 should check out the shack.

Russ is a HOF QB, Russ thinks he is Montana/Manning/Brady good. In fact he is not even Brees, Marion, Rodgers good.

I don't care how talented he is, I just wanted him, his "legacy" and his team of people gone.

I don't go into the shack. It.is a place for personnel attacks even worse then the normal forum. Bullying, attacks and BS. So nope will not be checking it not. As to the rest of your post, opinions vary and you are entitled to yours. And I am entitled to mine.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
scutterhawk":2c5fxg5d said:
John63":2c5fxg5d said:
ivotuk":2c5fxg5d said:
nanomoz":2c5fxg5d said:

Sour grapes from Olsen. At the end of that season he also said he had "Buyers Remorse," wishing he would have chosen the Buffalo Bills.

Olsen is saying what Cowherd wants to put out there. That's why he gave him a microphone. I put zero credence in anything he says.

Also interesting how some want to ignore when someone says something they don't like. Forge the fact that what Olsen said has been echoed by many experts and other teams we faced. Recall just last year several CB on other teams said they knew what was coming on 80% of the plays as they are so simple. But hey keep your fingers in your ears and say na na na all you want.
Hmm, so you're saying that they had to dumb it down for Wilson & his Receivers to the point where it was an easy read for other teams CB's to defend? Who woulda thunk it. :roll:

Russ threw an awful lot of touchdowns for those CBs to be saying they knew exactly what was coming.

toffee

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3omji0zv said:
scutterhawk":3omji0zv said:
John63":3omji0zv said:
ivotuk":3omji0zv said:

Russ threw an awful lot of touchdowns for those CBs to be saying they knew exactly what was coming.

Let me help John63:

Russell Wilson was an excellent QB for us, although he's not an All-pro QB, he's an probowl QB. He may have holes in his game, he also could make plays no other QB could. He will do things for Broncos their '21 QB couldn't, Bronco probably won't build a dynasty on the back of Wilson, they will do well enough for a year or two.

MammothHawk

Reaction score
All I wanna know know is….. how does he end his future interviews? Go Broncs! Go Broncos! Go Denver! Maybe and accidental Go Hawks (unless they deprogrammed him).

John63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2ci6j12v said:
scutterhawk":2ci6j12v said:
John63":2ci6j12v said:
ivotuk":2ci6j12v said:

Yes and that's why PC in an interview several years ago said they count on his off script plays. Also while they may know what's comming that does not mean you can always stop it must stop it for xample you know Dk is running a go. Great but can u keep up with him, can you stop perfect throw every time.

John63

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2jfacnxj said:
John63":2jfacnxj said:
ivotuk":2jfacnxj said:
nanomoz":2jfacnxj said:

No saying PC runs a simple system we have heard it from alot of ex players and experts. PC says it in his book. On offense he just wants to line up and put execute the other team.

John63

Reaction score
Now back on subject. Why would he go to Denver.

Top 3 defense
Great rb
3 really good wr
An oline ranked higher than ours
An offensive minded HC.
A new oline coach that has built top oline
A team that was 7-10 with a below avg qb.
A team with 7 picks this year even after the trade and about 30 mil to spend.