Why free agency is so important for SB rings...

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1e604xiz said:
Did you know that the first coast to coast telephone line was created in 1914? Crazy.
You wanna talk crazy? I heard scientists have made a way for phones to work WITHOUT LINES AT ALL !

Also, any NFL team that uses this technology almost always WINS THE SUPER BOWL !

kidhawk

Reaction score
one NFL team wins the super bowl every year

Every NFL team signs free agents

Therefor you must sign free agents to win the super bowl

I think I'm getting the hang of this football stuff

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawksurething":171o84ru said:
rideaducati":171o84ru said:
So, you're saying that teams that bring in free agents win Super Bowls? wow. The team that loses the Super Bowl has free agents too. As does EVERY OTHER team in the league.

This is what I mean by being competitive. Jeesh . please read.

Also hawks are a Superbowl team ready to win this year so AJ makes perfect sense. They just signed Lynch for just 2-3 years and he is old for a RB.

Most teams understand this, but the dont bring in top talent like the ones that won rings on this list. Now do you understand ? Or will you remain dismissive ?

Actually, ducati has a fair point.

And Lynch isn't old, even for a RB. He's only 28, but he's close to the dreaded cliff. Which Gore never really fell off of. Lynch is also coming off of the best season of his career. Not really a good point on your part surething.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
So if we make the td on the final play, which free agent would get credit? Williams?

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksurething":1df4ogwd said:
rideaducati":1df4ogwd said:
hawksurething":1df4ogwd said:
rideaducati":1df4ogwd said:
So, you're saying that teams that bring in free agents win Super Bowls? wow. The team that loses the Super Bowl has free agents too. As does EVERY OTHER team in the league.

Also hawks are a Superbowl team ready to win this year so AJ makes perfect sense. They just signed Lynch for just 2-3 years and he is old for a RB.

Most teams understand this, but the dont bring in top talent like the ones that won rings on this list. Now do you understand ? Or will you remain dismissive ?

You pointed out free agents that DID NOT immediately get teams over the top. Most of the guys you listed were with their new team for SEVERAL SEASONS before their new team won the Super Bowl...DO YOU COMPREHEND THAT? Andre will NOT be around for any team for several seasons. Will Andre Johnson be a viable WR for the upcoming season as he learns a new system? Probably not right away. Will he be around the following season? Maybe, but since his production will PROBABLY not be that great, he would more than likely be cut and the team will have lost a year of growth from the young guys already on the team and will have wasted millions of dollars to boot.

Also several were immediate ring winners like boldin,dillion,woodson,ec...

I sorry that Obviously this thread is not for you. Its for others on here who like free agents & are excited about Tuesday.

Enjoy the season. Go hawks .

I like free agents, just not the ones that are old and that don't have a lot left to offer and will comand millions more than they are worth. You can't seem to discern the difference. There is nothing wrong with an older one year rental as a backup or rotational player, but you seem to think the Seahawks will be getting Andre Johnson of five years ago. Some of you guys get so enamored with guys that were good a decade ago and seem to think those guys will somehow be just as good now. Offensive players take time to learn new systems and Andre doesn't have a lot of it left as an NFL player.

I think Michael Crabtree would fit what the Seahawks need.He'll come at about the same price as AJ and is younger. He'll have a huge chip on his shoulders because he wasn't signed to a huge contract and because the niners let him go after not utilizing him correctly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Damn, we should have talked to the OP before we signed Bennett or Kevin Williams, we probably could have had two #1 WR's instead.

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
chris98251":qsbmp71r said:
Damn, we should have talked to the OP before we signed Bennett or Kevin Williams, we probably could have had two #1 WR's instead.

No. you need both a strong defense & capable run game & pass game balance. We had that in the Superbowl win. We did not have the pass game for the last play when it counted in the lose.

Lockett,kerase and Baldwin were limited. Matthews went crazy but got limited by browner. Andre Johnson can't be stopped 1 on 1 or even sometimes when double teamed. NFL players rank him # 21 in top 100 NFL players of 2014 for that reason. :)

So he is still fast & amazing. Age has not caught up to him . he has at least 2 years left of dominate #1 WR play perfect for our win now team. & 3-4 years left as #2WR maybe with his body type & genetics. Science stuff I add into the equation too. Lol.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksurething":mosryl61 said:
rideaducati":mosryl61 said:

Your posts lately have improved but that WR tibit you have to include in every one exposes it for what it really is.
"Sign me a big name WR".

OP
OP
H

hawksurething

Reaction score
IndyHawk":40ket9s6 said:
hawksurething":40ket9s6 said:
rideaducati":40ket9s6 said:

Your posts lately have improved but that WR tibit you have to include in every one exposes it for what it really is.
"Sign me a big name WR".

Must always address the elephant in the room. Lol both outside WR spots will be filled with studs soon.

I feel a quick Nickel CB is a issue too,but Pete&JS are amazing at drafting CBs in low rounds !

A pass catch/block TE would be good too. Fells,Gresham,Clay,Cameron. Maybe green can block ?

we need a solid RT that can move to LT/LG if need be. Bulaga fits the bill.

That fixes all the holes.

wow D-line is loaded this year in FA. Who do you guys want for the free agency holiday ? Lol.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't know what's worse... Using QB rating as a measuring stick of being "ELITE" or using the NFL Network Top 100 player rating as a measuring stick for a players ability :lol:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2yx1nqc6 said:
Word, hawksurething, bout damn time someone started speaking the inconvenient truth around here. These same posters trying to tear you down, tore down those that lauded the Carroll hire and/or the Wilson selection.

You're a smart, fresh, inciteful voice that others are jealous of. Keep grinding.

That was goddamn brilliant. :bow:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
A lot of people on this board don't seem to understand one simple thing: In order to learn you have to want to be educated first. Knowledge is king.