Why did the Seahawks lose the last 4 in a row

xray

Reaction score
Another thread about " What's wrong with the Hawks " ? Seriously ?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They're playing without their starting quarterback and having to use Mitch Turdbiscuit. Pickett will likely be back in action by the time they get to us.

Pickett stinks too though. Anyways, Seattle should roll them. Probably won't but they should.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pickett stinks too though. Anyways, Seattle should roll them. Probably won't but they should.
Pickett's not going to be confused with Mahomes or Allen, but he's not dog meat, either. I'm not saying that they're going to be favored, but they have a lot better chance of beating us than they do if they have to start Turdsky.

The Steelers are currently sitting on the #6 seed in the NFC and they have two very winnable games vs. the Colts and Bengals before they get to us, so they're likely going to have something to play for, especially considering that the AFC seems to be pretty weak this season. Considering our predicament, this isn't going to be one that we can automatically chalk up in the win column.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pickett's not going to be confused with Mahomes or Allen, but he's not dog meat, either. I'm not saying that they're going to be favored, but they have a lot better chance of beating us than they do if they have to start Turdsky.

The Steelers are currently sitting on the #6 seed in the NFC and they have two very winnable games vs. the Colts and Bengals before they get to us, so they're likely going to have something to play for, especially considering that the AFC seems to be pretty weak this season. Considering our predicament, this isn't going to be one that we can automatically chalk up in the win column.

The Colts and Bengals will probably beat them honestly.

Lol. Look at us derailing the thread debating about the Steelers suckiness.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Support that statement. How is this team built and coached to beat below .500 teams?

How many teams would actually beat a team like the 49ers and the Cowboys with a roster that is not as good? Explain to me why that expectation is valid.

LTH
A results based conclusion IMHO.

Chapow

Reaction score
The Niners haven't been beating "everybody". They've lost to 3 teams that are much like us, ie .500ish: The Browns, Bengals, and Vikings.

The Niners have played 13 games this season and are 10-3.

They're 0-3 when both Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel were out due to injury, and averaging 17 PPG.

They're 10-0 when both Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel are playing, and averaging 32.9 PPG.

So sure, the Niners aren't beating everybody. But they sure are beating the sh1t out of everybody when all of their most important pieces on offense are playing.

At this point, I don't think there's really any question who the best team in the league is. It's the Niners, and it isn't really close. They're dominating everyone when they're healthy (which has been most of the season). Number 1 defense in the league by PPG allowed, number 2 offense in the league by PPG scored (that goes up to number 1 if you take out the 3 games Williams and Samuel were out).

As to the the OP's main point, he's right IMO. We've lost these games because those other teams are simply better. The Niners? Clearly a much better team. The Cowboys? Clearly a much better team. The Ravens? Clearly a much better team. The Rams? Sorry, but yeah. They're a better team. They have the same record, but they've beaten us twice, have a better offense by both YPG and PPG, and have a better a defense by both YPG and PPG. I don't see a reasonable argument that the Rams aren't the better team.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
So basically you are admitting that Seattle just isnt as good as other teams. When exactly should we expect them to be on par with everybody else? How many more years does Pete get a pass?
That's not entirely accurate. That's what I thought yesterday... today ehhh... I might have a different perspective LMAO!!!! 😀

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Support that statement. How is this team built and coached to beat below .500 teams?

How many teams would actually beat a team like the 49ers and the Cowboys with a roster that is not as good? Explain to me why that expectation is valid.

LTH
Ok so I asked the question how many teams would actually beat a team like the 9ers was and Cowboys with a roster that is not as good? There is only one... THE SEAHAWKS LMFAO!!!!

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
OK, for a moment, let's accept your characterization that this is a rebuild. Why was the roster so bad that it required such a complete and thorough "rebuild"? Who drafted and signed such horrible players? Who was it that traded away three high draft picks for an oft injured, underperforming player? How did we ever get ourselves in the situation where a condition existed that required a "rebuild"? What had the previous several years of non-rebuilding achieve?

As a rule, "rebuilds" occur following two events: A team that fired their head coach and GM, hires a completely new regime as happened in 2010 when we fired Mora and hired Pete. The second condition is after a team has had a successful run but has a number of players that departed through FA or retirement, others that had to be paid, etc. The 2021 Rams might be a good example.

But the term does not apply to a team that has won just one playoff game in 7 seasons. You don't rebuild a house that never existed in the first place.

I'm done arguing with you about semantics. If you want to continue to live in a world of denial, make excuses for our many losses, be satisfied with 9-8 records and backing into the playoffs then going one and done, if that's all it takes to float your boat, then great. Let's elect Pete Carroll king, let him keep pumping out these mediocre teams that require "rebuilds" every few years until they have to carry him out on a stretcher.
My thing is let's see how the season ends...there are still 4 games left, the Hawks still have a chance to make the playoffs in which anything can happen. You want to down me for believing in Carroll and try to make me look stupid because you have lost your faith that's YOUR ISSUE not mine. When the season is over I WILL look at the season and make the determination of what I think should happen based off of the value of the season ... so don't get snippy with me buddy... you don't want to have the conversation then don't reply to my thread.

LTH

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It's time LTH, and I've been an ardent Pete supporter for many years.

It's not that they are getting beat by more talented teams, it's how they are getting beat.

The defense is currently ranked 27th in PPG. That's unacceptable.
This. We can make up all kinds of excuses but it’s pretty clear what the main issue is - it starts at the top.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The Rams? Sorry, but yeah. They're a better team. They have the same record, but they've beaten us twice, have a better offense by both YPG and PPG, and have a better a defense by both YPG and PPG. I don't see a reasonable argument that the Rams aren't the better team.

On paper, Seattle has better players talent wise. The reason the Rams are better is because their coach is better than our coach. It's that simple.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My thing is let's see how the season ends...there are still 4 games left, the Hawks still have a chance to make the playoffs in which anything can happen. You want to down me for believing in Carroll and try to make me look stupid because you have lost your faith that's YOUR ISSUE not mine. When the season is over I WILL look at the season and make the determination of what I think should happen based off of the value of the season ... so don't get snippy with me buddy... you don't want to have the conversation then don't reply to my thread.

LTH
I didn't mean to be "snippy", and I apologize if I came off that way. But I was getting frustrated as it seemed to me that you weren't even reading what I wrote, sort of like selective listening, only reading or replying to one particular "thing".

My "thing" is that you keep referring to the 2022 and 2023 seasons as a "rebuild". That suggests to me that you are ignoring the period of time from 2016-2021, the period of time following the demise of the LOB years when the "rebuild" should have happened, as someone else's responsibility, that the current regime wasn't present.

My other "thing" is your insistence that the Niners are "beating everybody" when in fact they've lost to three .500ish teams in succession.

I am not advocating a coaching change, at least not yet, and although I'm a realist and think it's very unlikely, I haven't given up on the season. What I am saying is that Pete is responsible for this mess and needs to be held accountable. He's already thrown a number of coordinators into the volcano, so if a change is deemed necessary, it needs to start with Pete.

I'm not at all satisfied with these mediocre .500ish one and done teams that seems to be the maximum of what Pete can produce. He's had 7 years to rebuild this franchise, not the 2 years you're claiming it to have been.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The Niners have played 13 games this season and are 10-3.

They're 0-3 when both Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel were out due to injury, and averaging 17 PPG.

They're 10-0 when both Trent Williams and Deebo Samuel are playing, and averaging 32.9 PPG.
Yeah, injuries changes the completion of a team, that's for sure.

But you're ignoring the fact that some of their opponents in those games were also not at full strength. The Browns, for example, were without their three biggest offensive players in DeShaun Watson, Nick Chubb, and OT Jack Conklin, yet they still beat the Niners with a quarterback named Pajamas Walker.

So let's stop with the injuries excuse. The Niners are a very good team, perhaps the best team in the league, one that if I had to bet, I'd say were the favorites to walk away with the Lombardi. But they are not unbeatable. Because they are very good does not mean it's OK to lose to them, that we can take those two losses out of the equation and say that we're a 6-5 team.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think we hung in with the Niners pretty darned well, especially considering the number of explosive plays we gave up.
Question: Did Adams ever make one single play during that game? If he did I somehow missed it. I did see numerous plays he missed that he should have made. I never once saw him succeed in coverage. I think Adams is not carrying his end of the bargain and we could buy a better performance with much less than half the money he is collecting. IIRC we trailed by 4 at the half and were within one score well into the fourth quarter. What if Adams had made only four of those plays he missed? I think that would have bent the game in our direction. We aren't that far away from being competitive at the top end.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I didn't mean to be "snippy", and I apologize if I came off that way. But I was getting frustrated as it seemed to me that you weren't even reading what I wrote, sort of like selective listening, only reading or replying to one particular "thing".

My "thing" is that you keep referring to the 2022 and 2023 seasons as a "rebuild". That suggests to me that you are ignoring the period of time from 2016-2021, the period of time following the demise of the LOB years when the "rebuild" should have happened, as someone else's responsibility, that the current regime wasn't present.

My other "thing" is your insistence that the Niners are "beating everybody" when in fact they've lost to three .500ish teams in succession.

I am not advocating a coaching change, at least not yet, and although I'm a realist and think it's very unlikely, I haven't given up on the season. What I am saying is that Pete is responsible for this mess and needs to be held accountable. He's already thrown a number of coordinators into the volcano, so if a change is deemed necessary, it needs to start with Pete.

I'm not at all satisfied with these mediocre .500ish one and done teams that seems to be the maximum of what Pete can produce. He's had 7 years to rebuild this franchise, not the 2 years you're claiming it to have been.
Part of my problem is I get on the site and have 10 conversations going at the same time and then 3 Pms and it takes more time then what I have to answer everybody, in which I don't answer everybody...even though I want too... it's hard getting chewed out by 50 different people LMAO!!! SO it's not that I'm not listening to what your saying...tonight my wife wants my attention and so you know how that ends lol. got to go..

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score

I'll get back on this tomorrow

jeremiah

Reaction score
Well when you replace all but 2 players on the D what is that ? When you replace half of the O line, the Qb and the Rb what is that called? It's a rebuild
And I'm NOT the only one who thinks it's a rebuild almost all of the beat reporters at one time have called it a rebuild.

Why you ask?

Because it's a REBUILD LOL

Now I'm not saying the Hawks are not under performing because I believe they are. Specifically with the D. This D should be playing better than they are. Peneltys are a huge thing especially in both the Rams losses. If a coach coaches up a player and the player doesn't respond that's not automatically on the coach. The player needs to take responsibility. A perfect example is Woolen and his illegal hands to the face. That probably cost the Hawks the last Rams game. Time for Carroll to Crack the whip. The season isn't over yet.. let's see what Carroll does. Steal one from the Eagles, and there are 3 winnable games to win out and go 10-7. Will it happen? I don't know could it happen absolutely!

LTH
Was that the Rams game, where Pete distracted the kicking team to the point where they disregarded the clock and they got a 5 yard penalty. THEN they went out and missed a LONG FG that would have been the difference in the game. ALL ON PETE

jeremiah

Reaction score
Yeah the niners lost three games... why because debo, Williams, and McCaffrey were out. Injury. The Niners are the best team in football and I think your probably the only one who disputes that have you not been watching with the exception of those three games they are blowing out everybody they play.

The Hawks have been playing all year decimated by injuries and for some reason that gets put off as an excuse. Well I think it's ONE OF the MAJOR reasons why the Hawks are underachieving this year and to say it's not is naive.

So what exactly are you saying? Are you saying because the Hawks don't have the amount of talent in the 2nd year of their rebuild of the top two teams in the NFC that's Pete Carroll's fault? Look at the whole NFC and tell me who has acquired enough talent in the 2nd year of a rebuild to compete with the top two teams in the League? You can't because typically it takes longer than two years to rebuild a team.

Lth
Not true at all, you can't rebuild in 2 years. It is the ONLY way in the NFL at this point of time in the league. You find THE QBOTF, and you plug people in, they improve by leaps and bounds when they have hope and A LEADER. Worst to First, is what happens in the NFL. The Bungles and the Brownies are better than Seattle, and they don't even have a star QB on the field. Pete Carroll is NOT A LEADER. He is finished, done. He was finished the day they lost in the Super Bowl. The team blamed him, the fans blamed him, and YET....... He remains.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think we hung in with the Niners pretty darned well, especially considering the number of explosive plays we gave up.
Yeah, that's what mediocre, .500ish teams do, hang with a superior opponent for a while until suddenly...Boom!

Explosive plays are part of the game. You can't load the box with 9 and 'hang' with a team for 95% of the time then when the inevitable big play happens say "we hung with them pretty well if not for those one or two big plays."