Who starts at LT next week?

A-Dog

Reaction score
Jamarco Jones had an awful game from what I could tell from the nosebleed seats. What was he even doing on the strip sack by Chandler Jones in the 4th quarter? One of maybe 3 sacks he gave up? Granted it’s a nightmare matchup. Didn’t seem like they schemed a lot of help either.

I’m guessing part of the thinking was that Fant would still be needed as a jumbo TE so keep him for that role, but I wonder if, down to our 4th string RB, the power running game is not a great option any more and they start Fant at LT.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
A-Dog":2ubnatyd said:
Jamarco Jones had an awful game from what I could tell from the nosebleed seats. What was he even doing on the strip sack by Chandler Jones in the 4th quarter? One of maybe 3 sacks he gave up? Granted it’s a nightmare matchup. Didn’t seem like they schemed a lot of help either.

I’m guessing part of the thinking was that Fant would still be needed as a jumbo TE so keep him for that role, but I wonder if, down to our 4th string RB, the power running game is not a great option any more and they start Fant at LT.
Rumor has it that Tom Cable is being flown in to help with the Oline problem. Something about a ball boy being coached up to play LT.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I don't think a 0 has ever been given out by PFF for a grade but Jones definitely deserved it today. Not only getting beat easily 1 on 1, he had multiple plays where he dove into the LG for no reason and allowed an unblocked guy right at Russ.

John63

Reaction score
The answer is the guy that gets Wilson killed.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Fant sucks. PASS. Give Jones another shot. Chandler leads the NFL in sacks. Really, what did you expect. Will Jones make us forget about Duane Brown, nope, but he is a young buck and needs reps to have any chance of getting better.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Are your backup OT's any good or not? I don't know much about the backup guys. Obviously they can't be as good as Duane Brown.

andyh64000

Reaction score
nwHawk":tjr1hb51 said:
Fant sucks. PASS. Give Jones another shot. Chandler leads the NFL in sacks. Really, what did you expect. Will Jones make us forget about Duane Brown, nope, but he is a young buck and needs reps to have any chance of getting better.

Did you watch the game? It was far and away the worst play at left tackle I have ever seen in the NFL. Think of ifedi on his worst day? He was an All Pro compared to Jones today. Anyone would be better.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Go back and check Fant's game grades this season, and tell me you had hope he would somehow get markedly improved?

To be fair, Jones has played inside at guard this season. He needs to adjust. Younger players go through it. Is /was he great. Hell no. But I have seen enough of Fant to know that he is not the answer either.