When the ncaa rules and state law are different, what’s a school to do?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Back in 2016, a North Carolina bathroom bill was shelved as the ncaa threatened action. However, the ncaa has not stopped this bill or any like it in 2023.

So in following this law, university of alabama for Instance will by definition be going against ncaa rules, which allow for Transwomen to participate with Hormone adjustment.

I don’t see ncaa kicking out Alabama.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The transwomen in female sports issue has spurred laws in 20 other states. That makes it real hard to ban teams from having home games or hfa in states that don’t allow biological males to play or that mandate they dress in a different area. Even though that would induce an Unequal playing field.

GGotskill

Reaction score
The transwomen in female sports issue has spurred laws in 20 other states. That makes it real hard to ban teams from having home games or hfa in states that don’t allow biological males to play or that mandate they dress in a different area. Even though that would induce an Unequal playing field.

Why are you so scared of trans people?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Why are you so scared of trans people?
Quit making this anything but what I posted so you can passively get a topic you don’t like discussed removed.

This is a tweet from espn describing a development in women’s sports. Alabama is not the only state doing this, which will make the ncaa rules impossible to enforce in states with laws superseding them, which makes ncaa enforcement of that rule nationwide moot.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Quit making this anything but what I posted so you can passively get a topic you don’t like discussed removed.

Not my intention, I don't mind this topic being discussed. I do question where some of those discussion have gone in light of the rules of the board, but that's a different conversation and I would ask kindly that you keep it to PMs (or to yourself entirely), thanks.

This is a tweet from espn describing a development in women’s sports. Alabama is not the only state doing this, which will make the ncaa rules impossible to enforce in states with laws superseding them, which makes ncaa enforcement of that rule nationwide moot.

I just noticed that you continually post about trans issues, and seem to be absolutely afraid of anything related to trans people. Is there a reason for that?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Im keeping my Views on your assertions silent because my fighting with you is not the point.

This sentiment was allowed at a nfl press conference. The sweatshirt itself is official team gear as seen by the logo.

These women got kicked out for the same message.

Meanwhile, espn sports commentator Samantha Ponder has been called out by USA Today’s Nancy Armour And has responded, per https://www.si.com/media/2023/05/31...s-back-columnist-bigotry-transgender-athletes

To deny that it’s the biggest controversy in women’s sports is itself nonsensical. Obviously mainstream sports sources are discussing it.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score

It’s called the phobia trope…number one tactic for suppressing speech. Typically followed by an appeal to consensus and expression of moral superiority via intersectionality.

Back to the topic…the University must follow the law. The real question is what does the NCAA do?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They Can no longer adapt rules allowing Biological males to compete on a national scale. They can’t threaten just one state like nc in 2016 with pulling playoff appearances and hfa when there’s now 20 states with similar rules, and to be fair you’d have to extend it to every sport.

And I see the ncaa doing that to sec football never.

So as the rule they want can’t Be consistently enforced. But if they have a rule saying no Transwomen in female sports, they can also get in trouble With states that allow this. Maybe they shouldn’t have a rule and it should be up to the schools?

Last edited:

GGotskill

Reaction score
Im keeping my Views on your assertions silent because my fighting with you is not the point.

I am not even sure what this means?

This sentiment was allowed at a nfl press conference. The sweatshirt itself is official team gear as seen by the logo.

And? They are a private organization.

These women got kicked out for the same message.

And? They are not a private organization.

Meanwhile, espn sports commentator Samantha Ponder has been called out by USA Today’s Nancy Armour And has responded, per https://www.si.com/media/2023/05/31...s-back-columnist-bigotry-transgender-athletes

To deny that it’s the biggest controversy in women’s sports is itself nonsensical. Obviously mainstream sports sources are discussing it.

Why is this such a big deal to YOU? You post about it non-stop, there is clearly something else going on here.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I am not even sure what this means?

And? They are a private organization.

And? They are not a private organization.

Why is this such a big deal to YOU? You post about it non-stop, there is clearly something else going on here.

If You don’t wanna talk about what private companies do why are you on a board talking about the Seattle Seahawks? What about privatization makes you ignore a topic?

It’s a gigantic story in women’s sports that affects the ncaa in a way it has never been affected in its role to set national rules that every school has to go by to Play. Some schools now can’t due to laws, which is a situation that college sports hasn’t faced before ever.

GGotskill

Reaction score
If You don’t wanna talk about what private companies do why are you on a board talking about the Seattle Seahawks? What about privatization makes you ignore a topic?

I see you are still struggling with basic logic. Where did I say I didn't want to talk about private companies? I was simply drawing the distinction that private companies can do what they want, and trying to draw parallels or comparisons to what a public/government entity does is futile. They don't operate under the same rules. The fact that you don't understand this speaks volumes.

It’s a gigantic story in women’s sports that affects the ncaa in a way it has never been affected in its role to set national rules that every school has to go by to Play. Some schools now can’t due to laws, which is a situation that college sports hasn’t faced before ever.

So?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I see you are still struggling with basic logic. Where did I say I didn't want to talk about private companies? I was simply drawing the distinction that private companies can do what they want, and trying to draw parallels or comparisons to what a public/government entity does is futile. They don't operate under the same rules. The fact that you don't understand this speaks volumes.

So?

So? So this particular tweet from espn or this Aspect don’t interest you, so why bother commenting on it? You are only here to single me out, it’s all personal and ad hominem with you as you won’t discuss it, you are here to discuss me.

Thats not why I’m here. You’re on ignore.

GGotskill

Reaction score
So? So this particular tweet from espn or this Aspect don’t interest you, so why bother commenting on it?

Here you are putting words in my mouth. At what point did I say it doesn't interest me? You have YET to answer why it matters, or what two completely unrelated things have to do with each other.

You are only here to single me out, it’s all personal and ad hominem with you as you won’t discuss it, you are here to discuss me.

Single you out? WTF? At what point have I ever singled you out? I think I have interacted with you two or three times since I signed up here? I am sensing a victim complex.

Thats not why I’m here. You’re on ignore.

You're clearly not here to have a real discussion either, because at no point did you (nor probably could you) defend your point of view with anything other than baseless ranting.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Kentucky’s Riley Gaines was the first to speak out on this. Riley told an interviewer straight out that there would not be a naked male changing freely with the women at her school or any sec school. In the year since, many sec states have or are enacting actual laws against that and the actual competition.

Riley The movie they’re referring to has 171m views on Twitter. The last super bowl was seen in 114m households.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This issue has sparked a debate between the football coach and swimming coach at my local hs. They argue that trans women are women and shouldn’t be restricted. It would hurt feelings, they say.

Swim coach has a vested interest. The more adolescent bio males compete on his school’s team, the more likely the school will do better. However, that will result in fewer genetic females getting athletic scholarships, which brings us to the ncaa.

One side is fighting for a “man” vs “everyone Else” category. I think the solution is more like “woman” vs everyone else on the bio definition and physiological reality.

A bio female on testosterone has a huge advantage over non testosterone taking females, but it’s not enough to beat a bio male on estrogen By mid puberty. That should tell you that in sports, bio women not on male hormones have enough disadvantage to merit their own category.

The nfl and to my knowledge college football is technically coed already. If I were the ncaa I would follow their lead.

cymatica

Reaction score
There's def hate in this thread, not on this side.
Just stop. It's really pathetic when people like you play that game. You demand that society radically changes established norms, then accuse people of being hateful when they don't give in to radical delusions. The people you call hateful are just the ones that can see the bs you're spewing and you can't handle it.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Just stop. It's really pathetic when people like you play that game. You demand that society radically changes established norms, then accuse people of being hateful when they don't give in to radical delusions. The people you call hateful are just the ones that can see the bs you're spewing and you can't handle it.

Such vitriol. I don't believe I've said anything to deserve such a response.

Latest posts