When does Pete's seat start getting hot?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its going to take Wilson walking and the team winning 5 to 6 games one season. Right now the team has ownership that has zero interest in football and just signed Carroll to a five year deal so he can drive the ship and they dont have to bother with it. The franchise makes money so why not? As soon as they start losing more and quit making that money, Jody will sell and Pete will be gone. That will be in a year or two when Russ moves on and it will be because of Pete.

Elemas

Reaction score
If I’m ownership, I’m telling everyone that Russ is our priority. I’m soliciting his feedback and guidance. Russ has stated he’d like to be in Seattle his entire career and has even expressed interest in ownership.

Regardless if you disagree with his latest comments (which were blown up), his desire to win and be the best he can be are unparalleled.

Reports of management being upset with him are ludicrous. There has to be a point where Pete says “You know what? Let’s try it his way.” Unfortunately, no one sees PC doing this. You’re hearing about more and more players wanting to be involved in things such as the hiring/selection process for players, coaches, etc...I don’t see that being a bad thing. Guys like that WANT to win. It gets frowned. Fans think they need to “stay in their lane”. I disagree.

I hope Pete sees the light. If Russ is traded or doesn’t resign because things haven’t changed, you can go ahead and mark it as one of the biggest organizational fails in history.

I feel the same about Watson in Houston.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Elemas":xqkglkan said:
If I’m ownership, I’m telling everyone that Russ is our priority. I’m soliciting his feedback and guidance. Russ has stated he’d like to be in Seattle his entire career and has even expressed interest in ownership.

Regardless if you disagree with his latest comments (which were blown up), his desire to win and be the best he can be are unparalleled.

Reports of management being upset with him are ludicrous. There has to be a point where Pete says “You know what? Let’s try it his way.” Unfortunately, no one sees PC doing this. You’re hearing about more and more players wanting to be involved in things such as the hiring/selection process for players, coaches, etc...I don’t see that being a bad thing. Guys like that WANT to win. It gets frowned. Fans think they need to “stay in their lane”. I disagree.

I hope Pete sees the light. If Russ is traded or doesn’t resign because things haven’t changed, you can go ahead and mark it as one of the biggest organizational fails in history.

Preach!

Well said, man!

I agree, 10,000%!

hawk45

Reaction score
Elemas":ks5c4xgm said:

This year wasn’t trying it Russ’s way?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
hawk45":l2xemplm said:
Elemas":l2xemplm said:

I don't get that either. Russ got what he wanted and he Sh!t the bed in the middle of the season. They still passed the ball a ton, just ineffectively. Any reigning in by Pete was his and Schotty's fault. Let Russ Cook flamed out, Period. Now Waldron may be able to add something to eliminate that dip or at least minimize it. That remains to be seen.

Russ has pretty much got what he wanted, but still has issue. O-line is failure, NOT a refusal. The whole thing feels like it doesn't really have anything to do with all THAT stuff, but maybe something on a more personal level.

knownone

Reaction score
Elemas":2km00rjr said:

No. That's not how you run a successful organization. You don't want players to be involved due to the incentive structure of being a player. Players don't have the time or ability to project, scout, or make long-term plans. On top of that, they have an incentive to make moves for short term gain because their careers are finite.

What this really comes down to is people who blindly support Russell and people who acknowledge that reality does, in fact, exist. In other words, being a great player does not mean you know anything about running, managing, or coaching a team. Russell's desire to win is unquantifiable and meaningless. His platitudes are meaningless. It's marketing jargon and irrelevant to the discussion. For example, Terrell Owens really wanted to win, he had a great desire for being the best, and he really cared what was best for the franchise. Do the platitudes change the impact of his words? No. He was selfish and ultimately cared more about himself, his brand, his legacy, than winning.

The front office is looking out for the best interests of the franchise. Russell is looking out for himself. What you are advocating for is what bad organizations do. So in the hypothetical scenario where Russ is truly upset and wants to leave, you move on from him. Because you want people who put the team first, not people who put some vague expression of their "legacy" first.

Elemas

Reaction score
hawk45":wnirduo5 said:
Elemas":wnirduo5 said:

I feel like it was up until game 6 or so. I truly believe that Pete freaked on the turnovers and Schotty had to restructure the offense. Obviously, never happened.

Imagine our first half of the season O with the second half D. That would’ve been a trip to Tampa.

Elemas

Reaction score
knownone":15hmktm3 said:
Elemas":15hmktm3 said:

No. That's not how you run a successful organization. You don't want players to be involved due to the incentive structure of being a player. Players don't have the time or ability to project, scout, or make long-term plans. On top of that, they have an incentive to make moves for short term gain because their careers are finite.

What this really comes down to is people who blindly support Russell and people who acknowledge that reality does, in fact, exist. In other words, being a great player does not mean you know anything about running, managing, or coaching a team. Russell's desire to win is unquantifiable and meaningless. His platitudes are meaningless. It's marketing jargon and irrelevant to the discussion. For example, Terrell Owens really wanted to win, he had a great desire for being the best, and he really cared what was best for the franchise. Do the platitudes change the impact of his words? No. He was selfish and ultimately cared more about himself, his brand, his legacy, than winning.

The front office is looking out for the best interests of the franchise. Russell is looking out for himself. What you are advocating for is what bad organizations do. So in the hypothetical scenario where Russ is truly upset and wants to leave, you move on from him. Because you want people who put the team first, not people who put some vague expression of their "legacy" first.

In many cases, I agree with your statement. I’m not taking TOs advice. People are paid to do what they do and I think we do have some of the best in the business.

But, there are exceptions. Russell Wilson is an exception. Lebron James is an exception. Watson...is an exception. What you call blind support, I call reality. This team is in the gutter without RW and to think otherwise, is mind boggling.

This topic wasn’t even a conversation earlier this season. Now, when he speaks up, RW is just talking recklessly and it doesn’t mean anything.

You’re wrong. His desire to win is what has kept this franchise afloat for several years. I respect your opinion and understand it, but wholeheartedly disagree.

John63

Reaction score
knownone":25sxcvxn said:
Elemas":25sxcvxn said:

Hmm so if I get what you are saying the players none of them , not even your franchise QB even have a right to give their opinion on anything to do with the tam, even if it impacts them as well. Hmm what if it was Brady, or Bress, or Rodgers would you be for allowing them to give their opinion? BY way the TB coach said Brady had a say in everything. Guess that they won a SB, and he is not the only franchise QB to do so.

The reality is you allow them a say, but that does not mean you follow it, but you give them a say.

John63

Reaction score
Elemas":2nnqv8z7 said:
hawk45":2nnqv8z7 said:
Elemas":2nnqv8z7 said:

I feel like it was up until game 6 or so. I truly believe that Pete freaked on the turnovers and Schotty had to restructure the offense. Obviously, never happened.

Imagine our first half of the season O with the second half D. That would’ve been a trip to Tampa.

that is what happened and the weird part is 4 of the TOs were off receivers hands and should not have happened. Also, add in he wanted to protect his defense which sucked at that point and to him that mean changing the offense to eat up more time. Despite the fact we were winning TOP

ducks41468

Reaction score
Most likely never. It would take Russ acrimoniously forcing his way out and then the team collapsing winning 3-4 multiple years in a row, which I don't see happening

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Whatever your POV on Pete vs Wilson, you have to acknowledge what we are doing is not working.

Since the SB loss, Seattle is a pushover in the playoffs. The Rams said as much. Remember their goal was to get the Seahawks in the playoffs. No matter how much they struggled or what problems they had, they knew they would easily beat us...and they did.

If you are any kind of competitive team in the playoffs, no matter the Seahawk regular season record, the Seahawks are the easy if not the easiest pathway.

That bothered a lot of us as fans, but it was weird how many players did not seem that bothered by it.

One of the biggest problems I have had with Russ is that he seemed OK with the status quo.

He had to see what was going on, but he never called out Pete publicly on it. He never seemed to resist.

He just let this team do the equivalent of trying to play basketball with one hand tied behind your back. You can do it. But it will be awful to watch and require some crazy shots to go in.

So him calling out Pete last year was a breath of fresh air.

This year I am positively giddy about the thought of a determined Wilson telling Pete he doesn't care what Pete thinks and is going to do it his way.

There is nothing wrong with Wilson going rogue. It is what we needed all this time. Because what we were doing before was not working.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":9msx9wss said:
Whatever your POV on Pete vs Wilson, you have to acknowledge what we are doing is not working.

Since the SB loss, Seattle is a pushover in the playoffs. The Rams said as much. Remember their goal was to get the Seahawks in the playoffs. No matter how much they struggled or what problems they had, they knew they would easily beat us...and they did.

If you are any kind of competitive team in the playoffs, no matter the Seahawk regular season record, the Seahawks are the easy if not the easiest pathway.

That bothered a lot of us as fans, but it was weird how many players did not seem that bothered by it.

One of the biggest problems I have had with Russ is that he seemed OK with the status quo.

He had to see what was going on, but he never called out Pete publicly on it. He never seemed to resist.

He just let this team do the equivalent of trying to play basketball with one hand tied behind your back. You can do it. But it will be awful to watch and require some crazy shots to go in.

So him calling out Pete last year was a breath of fresh air.

This year I am positively giddy about the thought of a determined Wilson telling Pete he doesn't care what Pete thinks and is going to do it his way.

There is nothing wrong with Wilson going rogue. It is what we needed all this time. Because what we were doing before was not working.

I’m a Seahawk fan and I disagree with your analysis of what’s going on!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Back to back missing the playoffs Pete gets fired, 2 out of 3 losing Seasons Pete gets fired!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Fresno,

You disagree that the Seahawks have been an easy mark in the playoffs? Almost a pushover?

Even though we like to give the opposing team a multiple TD lead by halftime unless their QB is injured and borderline ineffective?

Or you disagree that Wilson should be pushing back on the above?

The rest is opinion, so just curious which part of the analysis you are disputing?