What team has been the biggest disappointment?

What team has been the most disappointing?

• Houston Texans

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • Washington Redskins

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Has to be Houston, Atlanta, or Washington I guess, but all three of them feel a little bit unfair, as injuries are really to blame in all cases, IMO.

As for the Vikings and the Jets, were people really expecting anything from either of them? I wasn't

Miami (with Tampa Bay) was one of those off-season media darling teams that made FA signings and had the "pieces in place that were ready to come together), but there's one of those teams every year (the 49ers seemed to be that team for three years in a row between 2006-2008, and of course never were).

I guess I'd have to go with Miami, because the Bucs actually look pretty decent, and (oddly) particularly so after the loss of Muscle Hamster.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I was leaning towards Houston byt I'm going with ATL. Injuries smi juries. Houston has no QB. End of story. Their defense is good but if you can't score points or even move the ball to get the defense off the field, its futile.

Atlanta has the injury excuse. How about the Seahawks? 4/5 of the line being back ups at times. Playing without number 1 and two recievers. I get that Baldwin and Tate are good but, they are out 3 and 4 recievers on paper going into TC. Frisco has absolutelt no WR's. Boldin can get some catches if tge CB is Josh Wilson but that's it. Kao has struggled but they are getting the doors blown off them like ATL.

The DC football team is just comical. I wouldn't say I expected it but I am not suprised. It makes me happy.

el capitan

Reaction score
I'd say it's the Falcons because last year they were just ten yards shy of going to the Superbowl and now they are fighting it out for the number one pick. They've had some injuries but nothing that could explain such a dramatic drop off.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":348lca3t said:
Definitely Houston, IMO. They don't have the injury excuse that Atlanta does.

My thoughts exactly. If an ATL fan, I'd be more disappointed about the injuries than the team itself. But Houston? My Gawd. That's a meltdown seen less than people apparently realize. Heads will roll and I won't be stunned when they're 9-2 this time next year.

hawk45

Reaction score
I have Atlanta for the fact that they did some damage in the playoffs last year, and that I feel few really bought the Texans. The Texan D, certainly, but they've been underperforming for years already I have felt.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Atlanta. Houston showed a number of massive issues late last year that caused worry includong the inability to win big games. The Falcons had no reason to feel the same because it seemed Ryan got over the playoff hump.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I thought Schaub was Hasselbeck 2.0, but he doesn't have the balls of Matt Hasselbeck. He is more Don Majkowski.

Falcons lack a backbone. They relied on Gonzales to bail them out and his speed is gone, too easily covered by hacks. Ryan is not a leader. He is Joe Flacco with a vagina.

Vikings can't find a QB and their defense is mediocre for a half and shite for the other.

The Redforeskins are toward the top of disappointments. They are screwed with the cap, screwed with the draft and Griffin is not the leader he thinks he is.

I would be pissed as a Cowboy, Packer or Redskin fan with those old, can't-adjust D Coordinators.

Fart

rideaducati

Reaction score
Talk about disappointment, the Texans are or were #2 on both offense and defense just a couple weeks ago and had a 2-8 record. How is that even possible?

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
rideaducati":2vxcygto said:
Talk about disappointment, the Texans are or were #2 on both offense and defense just a couple weeks ago and had a 2-8 record. How is that even possible?

because having a lot of yardage means either a) you're blowing people out the water or b) you're playing catchup the entire game.

Houston has the #1 pass defense, but the #22 rushing D. I assume basically teams throw to establish the lead, knowing that Houston just cant get into the endzone. Houston has the #30th scoring offense in the NFL. So teams just sit back and run on them all game, winding down the clock and virtually guaranteeing a win.

OrFan":2vxcygto said:
None of the above. The correct answer is the team that was such a powerhouse to everyone in the media, to their fans, and the coaches. They were supposed to be such a front runner and take the league without a problem while their qb became one of the best. Now they are in serious danger of even making the playoffs as the last place number 6 seed.

The 49ers.

Lol, you seahawk fans have good humor. :common039:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Ravens. They sure aren't looking like the reigning Superbowl champs. There are plenty disappointments this year - Texans, Falcons, Giants, Redskins, and Steelers.

KK84

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3vhwvc1s said:
The Ravens. They sure aren't looking like the reigning Superbowl champs. There are plenty disappointments this year - Texans, Falcons, Giants, Redskins, and Steelers.

The Steelers sucking is never a disappointment.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm going with the Falcons. They thought they'd made the necessary off-season acquisitions to put them over the top this year (though their defense really did not turn many heads).

muxpux

Reaction score
my first reaction was Atlanta. then i remembered the injury to their top receiver. its gotta be Houston. great players on both sides of the ball, remind me a lot of SF. scary if they get a competent QB

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Exactly, Mux. Atlanta's primary reason for suckitude is the injuries they've had this year to Roddy, then Julio. The Texans don't have any excuses. They are the clear winner in this, IMO.