What out of left field QB move will we make?

James in PA

Reaction score
I could see us ending up with Baker Mayfield somehow. Better not give up #9 for him though! Or maybe Matty Ice?

Can't see us starting the season with Lock, a rookie, or a scrub like Dalton unless they really do view this as a throwaway year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mistaowen

Reaction score
Baker makes the most sense for what Pete wants in a QB (and for what is available) if they truly aren't rebuilding but he also does a ton of stupid things that would give Pete a heart attack. Especially his inability to protect the ball in the 4th. Dude leads the league since 2018 in 4th quarter interceptions. I'd be mostly fine with it if the Browns aren't looking for high draft picks in return.

Big arm, can make all the throws, decent mobility, solid in play action/boots, good leader. He completely accepted blame for their poor season after they were labeled SB contenders, even if injuries played a big part.

He's also going to want top 5-10 money in his upcoming contract but outside of his third season is pretty firmly in the top 13-20 range. Franchise QB money for a guy who hasn't necessarily shown he's the guy yet.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Baker is a weird guy. If he were to come here, I hope he grows up a little bit.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I would be truly disgusted if we gave up on a high pick for Baker. I would love to see the hawks make a strong play for Winston while the saints are busy showing him he's not their first choice. Won't cost any picks, just as serviceable. I don't think any qbs in the draft are going to be anything special. We got enough holes that we should be taking best player available not trying to force a qb pick. Matt Ryan if he does end up being available would be great too.

keasley45

Reaction score
Goff. History with Waldron. SW might have faith in his ability in the offense, now that he's out from under McVay.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield to the Seahawks. Pete Carroll loves him some reclamation projects that also happen to be big names (Jimmy Graham and Antonio Brown come to mind, and yes, I am fully aware of another..."trait" that all three have), and they have the draft picks to trade for him from the Wilson trade, as well as money to burn in salary cap room.

No need to worry about gambling the future of the franchise on coaching up a new QB from the draft based on the continuous scouting report that it's going to be mediocre at best, and you already have a household name with Mayfield that should jive with fans (thanks, Progressive!).

They can now spend the rest of their draft capital on other areas of need using their trademark approach of drafting well in the mid to later rounds.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Famous Jameis is another guy to keep an eye on.

nwHawk

Reaction score
JS really liked Drew Lock when he was coming out of Missouri. Big arm, doesn’t get sacked much, young and still learning. Growth curve in Pro’s is similar to his college development.

I’d say, Lock, cast off (possibly Geno) and a rookie. I’m not advocating for Geno, but it wouldn’t shock me either.